Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jordan

New York Foxes

If anybody's around, feel free to stop by Football Factory on W 33rd and 6th to watch the QPR game at 7:15 am. FF has done a great job getting City on TV (all the Sky games help a bit in that regard).

• 3 months later...

hi NY foxes, I'm looking for a place that might be showing LCFC vs Everton (the prem fixture not the friendly) in New York as I'm there on holiday when it's on. thanks in advance

You heard of the internet? I believe they may be showing it there

Edited by benpicko

Game will definitely be on at Football Factory at Legends bar on W 33rd St. It'll also be on at Smithfield, Nevada Smiths, Mad Hatter, and bunch of other bars that show Premier League games. I always prefer FF because Jack Keane is the hardest-working bartender on the scene, and he graciously includes "New York Foxes" as one of the supporters clubs based at FF. I'm actually in the process of designing a 6'x12' NYF flag to display there for City games, but I don't know if it'll be ready for the Everton game.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/05/america-football-factory-pint-size-rebellion

When Jack says he'll open at any time for anyone that's genuinely interested in watching any game he can get, he's not kidding. I've gotten messages from Jack on Saturday nights telling me that he's found a way to show a Leicester game at 7:15 the next morning (games that none of the other bars will open for).

Edited by Jordan

Game will definitely be on at Football Factory at Legends bar on W 33rd St. It'll also be on at Smithfield, Nevada Smiths, Mad Hatter, and bunch of other bars that show Premier League games. I always prefer FF because Jack Keane is the hardest-working bartender on the scene, and he graciously includes "New York Foxes" as one of the supporters clubs based at FF. I'm actually in the process of designing a 6'x12' NYF flag to display there for City games, but I don't know if it'll be ready for the Everton game.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/05/america-football-factory-pint-size-rebellion

When Jack says he'll open at any time for anyone that's genuinely interested in watching any game he can get, he's not kidding. I've gotten messages from Jack on Saturday nights telling me that he's found a way to show a Leicester game at 7:15 the next morning (games that none of the other bars will open for).

There really isn't a better guy out there than Jack.

Let's get going on that flag today. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

forgive my ignorance, on holiday in New York atm, how near is this to central Manhattan?

It's on 33rd Street between 5th and 6th Avenues. The bar is directly across the street from the Empire State Building, so you're pretty close if you're in midtown.

It's on 33rd Street between 5th and 6th Avenues. The bar is directly across the street from the Empire State Building, so you're pretty close if you're in midtown.

that's awesome, just to check, I'm only 16 so would I be able to come in and watch the game with my family?

that's awesome, just to check, I'm only 16 so would I be able to come in and watch the game with my family?

They have a food menu, tables, chairs and booths (especially upstairs), so I would think that'd be totally fine. I'd give 'em a call or just pop in and ask if you happen to be nearby before Saturday.

They have a food menu, tables, chairs and booths (especially upstairs), so I would think that'd be totally fine. I'd give 'em a call or just pop in and ask if you happen to be nearby before Saturday.

brilliant, just called in and they've said it's all fine so I'll be here Saturday - nice place they've got. Are you here yourself on Saturday?

• 5 months later...

In a similar fashion I'll be over in NYC for the away fixture at Everton, is that place the best place to catch it? Provided I can convince my better half it's a good idea to get up and go watch it at 10am or whatever :D

In a similar fashion I'll be over in NYC for the away fixture at Everton, is that place the best place to catch it? Provided I can convince my better half it's a good idea to get up and go watch it at 10am or whatever :D

I'd say so. That game'll actually be on at 9 am. Ouch.  :|

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi chaps I'm in NYC for about 3 weeks from Thursday staying with a friend on Roosevelt Island. Can't guarantee that I'll be able to make every city match as we have plans to go away on weekends, but I'll hopefully be able to get to the Arsenal game at least - are any of the pubs mentioned above likely to show the Six Nations? Would prefer a pub near Queensboro Bridge area for convenience but might be able to travel to others.

Hi chaps I'm in NYC for about 3 weeks from Thursday staying with a friend on Roosevelt Island. Can't guarantee that I'll be able to make every city match as we have plans to go away on weekends, but I'll hopefully be able to get to the Arsenal game at least - are any of the pubs mentioned above likely to show the Six Nations? Would prefer a pub near Queensboro Bridge area for convenience but might be able to travel to others.

Baker Street on 63rd St. and 1st Ave. will definitely have Six Nations on and it's very easy to get to from Roosevelt Island.

• 2 weeks later...

Baker Street on 63rd St. and 1st Ave. will definitely have Six Nations on and it's very easy to get to from Roosevelt Island.

Thanks for the advice. Went there last Friday and found an Irish pub on 94th and 3rd for today's matches; sadly bars are charging $20 for entry at most places.

Spoke to the Legends bar on 33rd and they're opening at 7.30 for the Villa match tomorrow

Thanks for the advice. Went there last Friday and found an Irish pub on 94th and 3rd for today's matches; sadly bars are charging $20 for entry at most places.

Spoke to the Legends bar on 33rd and they're opening at 7.30 for the Villa match tomorrow

I'm not going to be able to make it to Legends this morning. If you go, make sure you say hi to Jack behind the bar-- great guy who's always gone the extra mile to put on City (especially back when it wasn't very easy).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk