Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jordan

New York Foxes

On 9/16/2017 at 07:42, Gazza3 said:

hi

just booked for a half term trip to New York. Will be there for wba home game.

this will be a 3pm Monday afternoon ok local time. advice needed on where to go. Anyone else watching ? 

thanks

Rough day in the office, looking less likely that I'll be able to make it down. :/

14 hours ago, FireFox said:

Will probably be there Saturday!

Seeing a concert Friday night and no flights back to Chicago until the morning, so might as well stay for the game, right?

Good stuff. Should be a decent crowd-- after the international break and a Monday game, people are itching for a pint and a win.

On 10/16/2017 at 17:21, Gazza3 said:

Great turnout ....... 

But I do wish there was a crowd for you, that’s not the way it normally is. If you’re around this weekend or ever back in NYC, let me know and I’d like to get you a few beers. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there fine New York Folks... we are planning heading over there early mid next year.

Would appreciate some suggestions as to "must do's" please.

Keep in mind, we are not interested in food or drinking (other than to survive :) ) and looking for a few things that are a little unusual, not the typical stuff. Any of our well traveled FTers or even those living over there that can give us the secrets?

How safe is it... looking at Apartments in The Bronx... im still remembering and basing pretty much all of my planning on "Welcome Back Kotter."...so :)

Image result for welcome back kotter

Appreciate any ideas, locations and suggestions... thanks folks :)

On 11/15/2017 at 09:42, ozleicester said:

Hey there fine New York Folks... we are planning heading over there early mid next year.

Would appreciate some suggestions as to "must do's" please.

Keep in mind, we are not interested in food or drinking (other than to survive :) ) and looking for a few things that are a little unusual, not the typical stuff. Any of our well traveled FTers or even those living over there that can give us the secrets?

How safe is it... looking at Apartments in The Bronx... im still remembering and basing pretty much all of my planning on "Welcome Back Kotter."...so :)

Image result for welcome back kotter

Appreciate any ideas, locations and suggestions... thanks folks :)

I'd say that the food in New York is a huge part of what makes the city so special and one of the best things about living here. There's so much great food from every corner of the globe. The Bronx has plenty of great and relatively cheap Latin, West African, and Italian food. Venture out on the 7 train into Queens and you'll find yourself going through most diverse area in the world with authentic food from each country. And don't even get me started on the delis, bagel spots, Chinese food, and pizza here compared to everywhere else. :P Seriously, if you spend a trip in NYC without eating good food, you're doing it wrong. I'm sure plenty of other folks on this thread will agree!

If you're planning to stay in the Bronx, then pay close attention to where you're staying and what the transportation options are like nearby. The Bronx is a big borough (they all are, really) made up of many neighborhoods. I love the Bronx but there are still plenty of neighborhoods up there that aren't the safest places and good sections of the borough are not the most accessible via the subway.

Lemme know when you have more of a narrow window for when you're coming over and I'll give you some better suggestions. 

Of course, you're going to watch a game with the NY Foxes, right?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kegworthfox said:

i am coming over on the 14/12 miss 2 games for the 1st time in 5 years, where can i watch lcfc v palace and man city  

Football Factory-- downstairs at Legends Bar. 6 W 33rd Street, New York, NY 10001. Right across from the Empire State Building.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tom17LCFC said:

Does anyone know anywhere showing the game tomorrow morning? Or if it’s on tv at all? In New York at the mo (absolutely Baltic by the way) and fancy catching it!

You might be in town for a record-breaking cold spell, but on the bright side, you can watch the game. Hopefully, you're still on UK time, as its. 7:30 am kickoff! The game is on Fox Sports 1, and The Football Factory (downstairs at Legends, W 33rd St b/w 5th and 6t aves, across the street from the Empire State Building) will be open and showing it, too.

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

You might be in town for a record-breaking cold spell, but on the bright side, you can watch the game. Hopefully, you're still on UK time, as its. 7:30 am kickoff! The game is on Fox Sports 1, and The Football Factory (downstairs at Legends, W 33rd St b/w 5th and 6t aves, across the street from the Empire State Building) will be open and showing it, too.

Haha it’s ridiculous I’ve never known anything like it! 

Thanks a a lot mate appreciate that will give it a go if the hotels not showing it!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...