Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jordan

New York Foxes

I'm hoping the club will do a pre season tour over there at some point.

If they did, and played somewhere that travel was reasonable (especially in the Northeast), I'd go. But as much as money talks, these things can be huge pains in the ass for the squad. For the big clubs, travel in and length of preseason put a lot of strain on the players. I firmly believe that Chelsea deciding to dick around the USA up until a few days before the Community Shield didn't do anything good to get the team to proper fitness (look how Terry and Ivanovic started the season) and was a big a factor in their awful start (Jose had this excuse ready before the season even started).

Question for NY'ers: Are NYC FC fans typically Man City fans too? Or are the local supporters of either club pretty indifferent to the partnership?

While there are some fans that follow both sides, they only make up a very small number of NYCFC fans. In my experience, most fans are indifferent and/or already have an English or international team they follow and simply won't switch that allegiance.

There's lots of "synergy" in marketing efforts by the City Football Group clubs, but that stuff really doesn't trickle down to the fan level.

More fans simply follow the goings-on at Man City rather than support them, due to events at Man City having had effects on things over here. There were many more NYCFC fans that were really pissed off at Man City for how they handled the Lampard situation than those that support Man City.

It's a little different with NYCFC being a new team that only has one season in the books, but crossover in fan support isn't a big thing, which seems similar to other clubs that are part of ownership "families" (the Red Bull teams, the Pozzo-owned teams, certainly not the Duchâtelet clubs...)

While there are some fans that follow both sides, they only make up a very small number of NYCFC fans. In my experience, most fans are indifferent and/or already have an English or international team they follow and simply won't switch that allegiance.

There's lots of "synergy" in marketing efforts by the City Football Group clubs, but that stuff really doesn't trickle down to the fan level.

More fans simply follow the goings-on at Man City rather than support them, due to events at Man City having had effects on things over here. There were many more NYCFC fans that were really pissed off at Man City for how they handled the Lampard situation than those that support Man City.

It's a little different with NYCFC being a new team that only has one season in the books, but crossover in fan support isn't a big thing, which seems similar to other clubs that are part of ownership "families" (the Red Bull teams, the Pozzo-owned teams, certainly not the Duchâtelet clubs...)

Forgot about the lampard stuff. Nothing like reassuring your fans that they're 2nd priority.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quick one to everyone who went to the Football Factory for the Southampton game to say what a fantastic time my wife Sam and I had. You were all magnificent, especially Jason and Patrick - such great hosts!

The place erupted when Wes scored and we've not stopped singing since!

Cheers Jez and Sam from Whetstone

• Like 1