Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jordan

New York Foxes

42 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I look forward to meeting the NYC fans minus Houston when they do there trip in Jan/feb

We should have just watched at Rick's. We might have had something good to look at, at least (I doubt their top XI are working a Saturday morning shift, though). 

As shit as the game was, it was still great to meet you. 

Maybe some fellow New York foxes can help me. I'm going to NYC in November and would love to take in a sporting event (I'm sure the wife won't mind). 

How easy is it to get tickets to things like basketball, hockey or MLS? 

Any recommendations on other things to do? I've got the New York City pass so will do the usual tourist stuff. Is hooters worth a visit?

7 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Maybe some fellow New York foxes can help me. I'm going to NYC in November and would love to take in a sporting event (I'm sure the wife won't mind). 

How easy is it to get tickets to things like basketball, hockey or MLS? 

Any recommendations on other things to do? I've got the New York City pass so will do the usual tourist stuff. Is hooters worth a visit?

Tickets aren't really difficult for any sporting event in NYC or around (Giants, Jets and RedBulls all play in New Jersey which is a short train ride from the City to the stadium), it's just a matter of what you are willing to spend.

Giants and Jets (NFL) will definitely be the most expensive but you will be able to find them on secondary market websites (Stubhub, Gametime app, Seat Geek etc)

During November the MLS playoffs will be going on. NYCFC and the RedBulls will most likely be in it. NYCFC plays in Yankee Stadium and the RedBulls play in a soccer specific stadium in NJ which is a short train ride (the path train) from the City. Red Bull arena really is a fantastic venue, it's just in the middle of no where, not much to do around the stadium, I guess that's where NYFC beats them as the stretch of bars outside Yankee Stadium is pretty fun. Those tickets shouldn't be that bad, even if the playoffs probably between $40-50 a piece, maybe cheaper for NYC because they have more seats.

The Knicks (NBA) and Rangers (NHL) are always on the more expensive end as they both play in Madison Square Garden. Especially if a good team is in town. I've seen Cavs-Knicks tickets in the nose bleed section for over $100 before.

Then the 2 cheapest options would probably be the Nets (NBA) who play in Brooklyn, The Islanders (NHL) who also play in the Brooklyn, the same venue that the Nets play in (Barclays center) and the Devils (NHL) who play in New Jersey (Newark). The Devils have a really nice arena but it's in Newark, not too sure you wanna be there late at night, and not like you will be going out around the stadium either. Where the Nets and Islanders play in Brooklyn is a really fun area with tons of bars and restaurants around it and for some pretty crappy games (Like Nets vs Hornets) I've seen tickets in single digits (between $8-$9)

All of these on secondary markets like Stubhub, SeatGeek, Gametime. All phone apps which will give you the ticket right there and get you in. You could probably go through the teams for these as well but the more expensive ones will most likely be that expensive because the team has sold out of tickets. For the cheaper tickets (Nets, Islanders, Devils) you'll probably be paying more than what's on the secondary market.

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Edited by NYCFox

5 hours ago, NYCFox said:

Tickets aren't really difficult for any sporting event in NYC or around (Giants, Jets and RedBulls all play in New Jersey which is a short train ride from the City to the stadium), it's just a matter of what you are willing to spend.

Giants and Jets (NFL) will definitely be the most expensive but you will be able to find them on secondary market websites (Stubhub, Gametime app, Seat Geek etc)

During November the MLS playoffs will be going on. NYCFC and the RedBulls will most likely be in it. NYCFC plays in Yankee Stadium and the RedBulls play in a soccer specific stadium in NJ which is a short train ride (the path train) from the City. Red Bull arena really is a fantastic venue, it's just in the middle of no where, not much to do around the stadium, I guess that's where NYFC beats them as the stretch of bars outside Yankee Stadium is pretty fun. Those tickets shouldn't be that bad, even if the playoffs probably between $40-50 a piece, maybe cheaper for NYC because they have more seats.

The Knicks (NBA) and Rangers (NHL) are always on the more expensive end as they both play in Madison Square Garden. Especially if a good team is in town. I've seen Cavs-Knicks tickets in the nose bleed section for over $100 before.

Then the 2 cheapest options would probably be the Nets (NBA) who play in Brooklyn, The Islanders (NHL) who also play in the Brooklyn, the same venue that the Nets play in (Barclays center) and the Devils (NHL) who play in New Jersey (Newark). The Devils have a really nice arena but it's in Newark, not too sure you wanna be there late at night, and not like you will be going out around the stadium either. Where the Nets and Islanders play in Brooklyn is a really fun area with tons of bars and restaurants around it and for some pretty crappy games (Like Nets vs Hornets) I've seen tickets in single digits (between $8-$9)

All of these on secondary markets like Stubhub, SeatGeek, Gametime. All phone apps which will give you the ticket right there and get you in. You could probably go through the teams for these as well but the more expensive ones will most likely be that expensive because the team has sold out of tickets. For the cheaper tickets (Nets, Islanders, Devils) you'll probably be paying more than what's on the secondary market.

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

You forgot to mention Football Factory for game days! 

On 8/18/2016 at 21:25, HoustonFox said:

You forgot to mention Football Factory for game days! 

That is true.

And if you really want to have a good day. Start there for the morning game at 10 then head to something in the afternoon. Prepare your lvier as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am a foxes fan with 60 years of ups & downs behind me. I will be in N.Y. on 17th, so I intend to watch the Burnley game.

Easiest option seems to be FF for guaranteed atmosphere, but Google throws up about 6 locations showing Prem games.

Anyone with good advice on this?

I am staying at the Sheraton on Canal St, Tribeca. Is it easy to get subway or bus from there to the venues?

I am really looking forward to sharing the experience with fellow foxes, esp meeting those of the US variety.

I know I could probably dredge the info from earlier posts here but it would be a trawl, given the number of pages, so excuse my laziness. Thanks in advance.

Up the Foxes!!

I'd recommend you go to Football Factory, superb atmosphere with great people. 

Last time I was over I stayed just down from where you are in Canal Street and walked up Broadway to FF, Its a decent walk seeing bits of the city you probably wouldn't otherwise, crossing Union Square and Madison Square Park. Will probably take 40 mins I should think. 

Of course the subway will get you there in about 15 mins but I'll leave it for the resident New Yorkers to tell you the exact one to get as I always ended up a few blocks off!

7 hours ago, Tommeh said:

Last time I was over I stayed just down from where you are in Canal Street and walked up Broadway to FF, Its a decent walk seeing bits of the city you probably wouldn't otherwise, crossing Union Square and Madison Square Park. Will probably take 40 mins I should think. 

Of course the subway will get you there in about 15 mins but I'll leave it for the resident New Yorkers to tell you the exact one to get as I always ended up a few blocks off!

Thanks for that Tommeh. Thought that would turn out to be the easiest decision, as is your travelling advice. Shame it'll be too early for me to take advantage of the beer selection.

Look forward to meeting up with fellow foxes in NY (will you be there?).

Cheers ... Neil

10 hours ago, deep blue said:

Hi,

I am a foxes fan with 60 years of ups & downs behind me. I will be in N.Y. on 17th, so I intend to watch the Burnley game.

Easiest option seems to be FF for guaranteed atmosphere, but Google throws up about 6 locations showing Prem games.

Anyone with good advice on this?

I am staying at the Sheraton on Canal St, Tribeca. Is it easy to get subway or bus from there to the venues?

I am really looking forward to sharing the experience with fellow foxes, esp meeting those of the US variety.

I know I could probably dredge the info from earlier posts here but it would be a trawl, given the number of pages, so excuse my laziness. Thanks in advance.

Up the Foxes!!

7 hours ago, Tommeh said:

Hey, Neil-- my man Tommy definitely sent you in the right direction. We all watch at The Football Factory downstairs at Legends Bar (6 W. 33rd Street, right across the street from the Empire State Building). Here's their site, you'll see plenty of Leicester in the gallery: www.legendsff.com. There's a legal dispute going on right now about the use of the name "Football Factory" and I hope it'll all be sorted out soon. Rest assured that you'll be joining us at the real location. ;)

I'm less than a ten-minute walk from that hotel-- if you walk a few blocks east, you can take the N, Q, or R trains to Herald Square, 34th Street. If you exit at the 32-33rd street staircase, it'll let you out a block away from the bar.

Let me know if you have any questions about NY or if you're looking for any recommendations. Looking forward to meeting you, and have a great time in NYC!

-Jason

4 hours ago, The_77 said:

Hey, Neil-- my man Tommy definitely sent you in the right direction. We all watch at The Football Factory downstairs at Legends Bar (6 W. 33rd Street, right across the street from the Empire State Building). Here's their site, you'll see plenty of Leicester in the gallery: www.legendsff.com. There's a legal dispute going on right now about the use of the name "Football Factory" and I hope it'll all be sorted out soon. Rest assured that you'll be joining us at the real location. ;)

I'm less than a ten-minute walk from that hotel-- if you walk a few blocks east, you can take the N, Q, or R trains to Herald Square, 34th Street. If you exit at the 32-33rd street staircase, it'll let you out a block away from the bar.

Let me know if you have any questions about NY or if you're looking for any recommendations. Looking forward to meeting you, and have a great time in NYC!

-Jason

Thanks Jason,

Just the extra info I need. Gives me an alternative to walking, as long as I can master the complexities of your subway system.

In our first and only visit to NY 18 months ago the snow was deep and it was so ball-breakingly cold that we just had to walk everwhere at a high tempo, but we loved it. We expected New Yorkers to be terse and rude, as people tend to be in capital cities, but on the whole we found them to be friendly and helpful. We managed quite a lot - a classical concert at Carnegie hall, an evening of jazz at Smalls, a couple of art galleries, the Staten Island ferry, Central Park, several landmarks. On this holiday we have 3 nights before our cruise, and one night after it, to take in the things we missed last year.

I am really looking forward to FF, though, and to being part of the atmosphere there.

See you on the 17th.

Cheers ...

Neil

On 9/9/2016 at 18:48, deep blue said:

Thanks for that Tommeh. Thought that would turn out to be the easiest decision, as is your travelling advice. Shame it'll be too early for me to take advantage of the beer selection.

Look forward to meeting up with fellow foxes in NY (will you be there?).

Cheers ... Neil

No problem mate. 

I won't unfortunately - CL campaign has eaten up all my holiday and funds! It will probably be this time next year now when I next hop over now, I hope they'll have a hat-rick ball ready for me...

Have a great trip.

On 9/9/2016 at 19:02, deep blue said:

Thanks Jason,

Just the extra info I need. Gives me an alternative to walking, as long as I can master the complexities of your subway system.

In our first and only visit to NY 18 months ago the snow was deep and it was so ball-breakingly cold that we just had to walk everwhere at a high tempo, but we loved it. We expected New Yorkers to be terse and rude, as people tend to be in capital cities, but on the whole we found them to be friendly and helpful. We managed quite a lot - a classical concert at Carnegie hall, an evening of jazz at Smalls, a couple of art galleries, the Staten Island ferry, Central Park, several landmarks. On this holiday we have 3 nights before our cruise, and one night after it, to take in the things we missed last year.

I am really looking forward to FF, though, and to being part of the atmosphere there.

See you on the 17th.

Cheers ...

Neil

Won't be hard at all. Just take the N,Q, or R train uptown to 34th-- eazeh! :)

New Yorkers get a bad rap for being rude but I'm glad you got to see that's an unfair characterization of most of us. Sometimes it's just ball-breakingly cold in the winter and we have places to be, haha!

Sounds like you planned a great trip last time you were here.