Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

HELP is at hand for General PC queries, not Foxestalk ones

I'm first!

Can someone send me an email with an attachment, preferably smut and virus free to this address as I don't seem to able to receive any on my new laptop's Windows Mail (a clone of MS Outlook). Thanks

[email protected].

Is it possible to get an internet page to automatically refresh itself or does that have to be set up at source by the page provider?

Is it possible to get an internet page to automatically refresh itself or does that have to be set up at source by the page provider?

If you're talking about your Googlemail page - it does it automatically...plus you can download a desktop gadget that'll do a pop-up message to tell you "You got mail!"

If you're talking about your Googlemail page - it does it automatically...plus you can download a desktop gadget that'll do a pop-up message to tell you "You got mail!"

No I was in a lazy mode, now I've got my laptop I'm watching the TV at the same time and rather wishing my 'View new Posts' Foxestalk page would refresh so I could spot new posts.

:P:D

No I was in a lazy mode, now I've got my laptop I'm watching the TV at the same time and rather wishing my 'View new Posts' Foxestalk page would refresh so I could spot new posts.

:P:D

that would be pretty cool

if you find one let me know please

I'm first!

Can someone send me an email with an attachment, preferably smut and virus free to this address as I don't seem to able to receive any on my new laptop's Windows Mail (a clone of MS Outlook). Thanks

[email protected].

I'd edit your e-mail address out there if I was you. If trawlers get hold of it you'll get all sorts of spam.

I'd edit your e-mail address out there if I was you. If trawlers get hold of it you'll get all sorts of spam.

Have done :thumbup:

What's the best was to clean a keyboard?

air_duster_keyboard.jpg:dunno:

Compressed air in a can to blow this bits up/out. :thumbup:

A more detailed plan of action can be found at Ask.Yahoo.com. ;)

It really depends how you define clean (i.e. are you trying to get rid of crumbs, or kill the ecosystem your keyboard has developed)? ;)

Edited by lookwhaticando

hi i wonder if anyone knows why every time i go on another internet page i keep getting disconnected. its not that much of a big deal as if i press connect its connected again in a second but when im downloading something it becomes a pain.

any help appreciated.

Wireless, broadband or dial-up?

Where better than an interweb forum for you guys to tell me what I should buy to replace my ageing desktop at home?

Not too keen on a laptop, but as it's been a while since I last bought a PC can anyone give any recommendations? I'd like to know what the standard for a decent computer is in terms of processor speed, memory etc these days.

Would use it for Internet surfing, remote access to work (VPN), word processing/spreadsheets, music (managing my iPod), digital photos (would like to learn Photoshop) and the odd game (missus likes the Sims, I am a Championship Manager fan (the original - Football Manager won't run properly on my current machine, so I'm on CM 02/03 I think)).

All suggestions welcome!

Thanks

Where better than an interweb forum for you guys to tell me what I should buy to replace my ageing desktop at home?

Not too keen on a laptop, but as it's been a while since I last bought a PC can anyone give any recommendations? I'd like to know what the standard for a decent computer is in terms of processor speed, memory etc these days.

Would use it for Internet surfing, remote access to work (VPN), word processing/spreadsheets, music (managing my iPod), digital photos (would like to learn Photoshop) and the odd game (missus likes the Sims, I am a Championship Manager fan (the original - Football Manager won't run properly on my current machine, so I'm on CM 02/03 I think)).

All suggestions welcome!

Thanks

Dell have some good deals!

I find Dell are sooo expensive for mid-range (i.e. £800-£1200) pc's. I can get one from Mesh for ...

Argh...

*spit* *spit*

...you said the 'M'-word. Ugh!

Year in year out, M*sh come bottom or next to bottom of customer satisfaction tables...and with damn good reason - they're absolutely shite at aftercare service.

My current laptop is a M*sh ~ it's fine, it does its job but I will NEVER buy from them again. :angry:

Also, I reckon that if you aren't really clued up as to what you want inside a computer then you are better off going into a store and not shopping online...which sounds the case with Sooper Steve's shin. :)