Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

HELP is at hand for General PC queries, not Foxestalk ones

• 3 weeks later...

My current and badly aging gaming PC really needs replacing, it is only adequate for playing wow with all the graphics requirements set at low and even then in areas the lag and screen tearing is not good.

At the same time I'm trying to cut down on the spending and have been looking at a few PCs online, the local stores like Currys and Lewis's not having what i need, either being out of stock or not available in Leicester.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0722XX6KX/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2TO76TSICA2WP&colid=11VJNYCPERQ0P&psc=1

This looks a little better.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IPGAI16/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I15B553JOX5LWP&colid=11VJNYCPERQ0P&psc=1

This does not look to bad either I suppose.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0187KROGC/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=ITO6CWIBDPAY5&colid=11VJNYCPERQ0P&psc=0

Just wondering what peeps who are into gaming PCs think and if there are any decent stores in Leicester I can check out. 

Edited by ithuriel

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I’d steer well clear of pc world/currys, etc. 

For the price bracket you are looking at, I’d probably say an Intel i5 and GeForce 1050 are the minimum spec. 

Maybe use that as a base and look at some websites that allow you to build your own system around that. You can always buy more RAM an i7 processor and higher spec graphics card and pop than in at a later date. 

• 1 month later...

None of my bluetooth devices will connect to my computer, this has been going on for ages and ive tried to fix a couple of times and given up, but i really want to get it sorted, so any help is appreciated.

The devices are fine (they connect to tablet and phones etc)

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the device and drivers.

The bluetooth says they are paired...but just will not connect.

It says... "that didn't work, make sure your device is discoverable and try again"

Can anyone help please... thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

Internet speed issue.

When I check my internet speed I'm getting between 30-40 mbs however my devices especially chrome often take ages to fully load, this is on a laptop, samsung phone and tablet, anyone got any ideas on why this should be happening?

The wifi must be ok to be getting those speeds although it's supposed to be up to 75mbs but what would cause all three items to run slow is there something about chrome that's messing me up and how can I find out?

41 minutes ago, davieG said:

Internet speed issue.

When I check my internet speed I'm getting between 30-40 mbs however my devices especially chrome often take ages to fully load, this is on a laptop, samsung phone and tablet, anyone got any ideas on why this should be happening?

The wifi must be ok to be getting those speeds although it's supposed to be up to 75mbs but what would cause all three items to run slow is there something about chrome that's messing me up and how can I find out?

how much ram is in your laptop, chrome is very resource hungry and it might be worth trying a different browser like firefox or edge that use far less

34 minutes ago, Beliall said:

how much ram is in your laptop, chrome is very resource hungry and it might be worth trying a different browser like firefox or edge that use far less

PC Spec.jpg

2 minutes ago, Beliall said:

should be plenty depending on the speed and what else you are running.. the i5 clock speed is slow though. that is what i would think the problem is @davieG

Can I improve that in any way other than buy a new pc with i7?

• 3 weeks later...

Laptop again won't connect to  the Internet. Windows 10

All other devices including Windows 7 pc, android phone and tablet, Windows 10 tablet all working

When I switch on it shows a good connection in the tray and also says Connected, secured. Gives me the option to disconnect.

When I open chrome and go to a website it tells me there is no Internet connection, the wifi icon then changes to include an exclamation mark and I get the message there is no Internet connection.

If I then leave it in that state after a while the internet connection connects and the whole process starts again. 

I've  run the diagnostics and get

DNS Server isn't responding. Clicking on Details I get...

The page XML cannot be displayed. Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct error and the click refresh button.

Sadly it doesn't tell me how to correct the error.

Any solutions welcomed.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Help.

Just recently I've been getting this message when trying to open a number of obviously safe sites like Wembley and The British Heart Foundation usually for some form of financial transaction.

I've just changed from BT to  Virgin and it's the same for both.

This is what I got for trying to register for Gift Aid with the BHF

Any idea s to solve this.

Not secure.jpg

On 29/03/2018 at 16:28, Wymeswold fox said:

Have you tried deleting cookies from your device?

Apparently it's something to do with google/chrome about changing they way sites are authenticated and millions have not done it or at least through every way you can reach their sites

I've just got a tablet with my phone contract upgrade from Vodafone. It runs off Android.

I've downloaded Exagear Strategies to play Champ Manager 01/02 on and it runs great. The only issue is the keyboard is non existent. 

Does anyone know a work around or a keyboard app I can download that will work with Exagear? The google keyboard and Swype keyboard aren't compatible with it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Folks,

Hope someone can help me please.

Ive just bought a new laptop, it has a 1TB hard rive and a 128GB SSD (i assume this is where my confusion is)

Ive just installed google sync on to it (Ive had it on the old one for years) and it is telling me i have run out of disk space and i ned to delete unneccesary files, obviously ive got 1TB so.. plaenty of space for the 19gb that Gdrive has.

Im guessing its reading the SSD... can anyone advise please... thanks

On 16/06/2018 at 14:32, ozleicester said:

Hi Folks,

Hope someone can help me please.

Ive just bought a new laptop, it has a 1TB hard rive and a 128GB SSD (i assume this is where my confusion is)

Ive just installed google sync on to it (Ive had it on the old one for years) and it is telling me i have run out of disk space and i ned to delete unneccesary files, obviously ive got 1TB so.. plaenty of space for the 19gb that Gdrive has.

Im guessing its reading the SSD... can anyone advise please... thanks

Entirely depends where you set the install to, I'm assuming they've installed your operating software to the SSD for it to boot up extremely quickly. Does the Laptop have a lot of bloatware on? Maybe worth uninstalling some of the supplied applications and perhaps uninstalling google sync but ensuring it's installed to the 1TB hard drive.

9 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Entirely depends where you set the install to, I'm assuming they've installed your operating software to the SSD for it to boot up extremely quickly. Does the Laptop have a lot of bloatware on? Maybe worth uninstalling some of the supplied applications and perhaps uninstalling google sync but ensuring it's installed to the 1TB hard drive.

Cheers, yeh i figured out it was all going onto the ssd, so i had to change that and yup, ditched a whole lot of junk

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/06/2018 at 12:15, ozleicester said:

Cheers, yeh i figured out it was all going onto the ssd, so i had to change that and yup, ditched a whole lot of junk

For future reference you should probably change the default download drive to your hard drive so you dont get in this position again.

Pretty easy to do if you google it (very easy if you use Chrome as your default browser.) 

• Like 1