Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

HELP is at hand for General PC queries, not Foxestalk ones

you know pc's yeah? well who can help me fix mine (as deathside's not here and cisono is 'busy')

What's the problem? I'm no expert, but may be able to help. :dunno:

What's the problem? I'm no expert, but may be able to help. :dunno:

well, i've dug out my old pc, so this lappy can be fixed, and when i first fired it up it was fine. got to the main page no worries, then i stared it up again and i get:

invalid system disk

replace the disk, and then press any key

<_< <_< <_<

well, i've dug out my old pc, so this lappy can be fixed, and when i first fired it up it was fine. got to the main page no worries, then i stared it up again and i get:

<_< <_< <_<

Er, dunno, sorry. :(

<_< <_< <_<

Has it got an old 3.5" floppy drive? If it has eject the disk. That normally does the trick.

It also depends upon where your bios settings are pointing to in terms of the boot up stage.

You can switch them around so your hard drive bots before the floppy drive & CD drive.

Argh...

*spit* *spit*

...you said the 'M'-word. Ugh!

Year in year out, M*sh come bottom or next to bottom of customer satisfaction tables...and with damn good reason - they're absolutely shite at aftercare service.

My current laptop is a M*sh ~ it's fine, it does its job but I will NEVER buy from them again. :angry:

Also, I reckon that if you aren't really clued up as to what you want inside a computer then you are better off going into a store and not shopping online...which sounds the case with Sooper Steve's shin. :)

You computer people are funny!!

I must be a complete anathema to you geeky computer types:

Windows, Internet Explorer, thinks about buying from Mesh, MS Office, Norton Anti-Virus!! :o

No it's alright, I'm not a monster, you can get up from behind the sofa I won't hurt you!

You computer people are funny!!

I must be a complete anathema to you geeky computer types:

Windows, Internet Explorer, thinks about buying from Mesh, MS Office, Norton Anti-Virus!! :o

No it's alright, I'm not a monster, you can get up from behind the sofa I won't hurt you!

You missed off AOL as well... :D

Ahem - What's happening with the Acer then??? :dunno: - I'm still holding onto the 'other' one for canabalisation purposes.... :ph34r:

ah now, you see, i was trying to get the pc running so katy could bring the notebook over to yours. i now have another tower off my dad so i can continue with my plan. katy should let you know when she planning on bringing it over. :thumbup:

ah now, you see, i was trying to get the pc running so katy could bring the notebook over to yours. i now have another tower off my dad so i can continue with my plan. katy should let you know when she planning on bringing it over. :thumbup:

OK - I'll sit tight and see what happens... :ph34r:

On my pc (I'm using a horrible windows 98 one atm) to let you know the problem.

But basically when I plug the usb for braodband modem in the screen goes blue and talks about some technical fault with installation.

I can't install the modem properly because it says USB ambit 3500 modem is malfunctioning or something. Really complicated but basically I can't get my modem to work on my pc, how annoying.

Ideas?

On my pc (I'm using a horrible windows 98 one atm) to let you know the problem.

But basically when I plug the usb for braodband modem in the screen goes blue and talks about some technical fault with installation.

I can't install the modem properly because it says USB ambit 3500 modem is malfunctioning or something. Really complicated but basically I can't get my modem to work on my pc, how annoying.

Ideas?

Have you tried sourcing newer drivers?

Could be incompatiabilty with other hardware or it could just be buggered.

Slightly on/off topic.

I once had a guy ring me on a Monday morning to tell me he couldn't get his PC working.

He said "every time I turn it on it says windows is now safe to turn off your PC".

As I struggeled to hold back the laughter when I realised that what he was doing was infact turning his monitor on and off. :D

I struggeled to hold back the laughter when I realised that what he was doing was infact turning his monitor on and off. :D

lol

I love people, especially people with technology.

Most common ailment for the wife when she did tech support - not switched on or not plug in. People like that should have their computers taken from them by the courts and only allowed monthly visitation rights :D

HELP NEEDED!!

I have two PC`s at home, but the one I use from the TV room has no sound! Its a cheapy Emachine that I bought and I had to re-format it recently because theer was some problem with it. Anyway, before it had sound, now it doesnt. Now ordinarily I would just download the sound drivers but I cant seem to find them anywhere for these damn won brand machines.

Its an Emachine 5260.

Does anyone know how/where to get these damn drivers??