Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

HELP is at hand for General PC queries, not Foxestalk ones

have you tried generic drivers?

No mate.

Im not really sure what I am doing lol. I just tried to download a couple of the suggested rivers but they dont work. I wouldnt know where the best generic drivers are available. Any suggestions?

No mate.

Im not really sure what I am doing lol . I just tried to download a couple of the suggested rivers but they dont work. I wouldnt know where the best generic drivers are available. Any suggestions?

I find streaming difficult as well :P

Okay here's a music/PC question:

How do I convert my iTunes music into MP3. All mine seems to be in MPEG (or something...)??

I don't get it... :cry:

JHymn is free and works.

Takes a while though.

It used to unlock music bought of iTunes, but they haven't got it working since iTunes 6 came out.

Still converts to .mp3

Some funny boy told me to press alt + f4 - it turned the program off.

Reloaded but it's ok now :S:huh:

Alt + F4 is the shortcut for closing any window, watch out for that one in the future :thumbup:

I need to reinstall windows but my CD-ROM drive is shite and doesn't read the disks, If I put the xp disk into the dvd drive the computer won't recognise it when I restart.

I looked in the BIOS boot up order but the dvd drive isn't there, just the hard drive, the cd drive and a couple of others

im buggered

I cant access my msn messgenger. Im not sure what it is,its says something about the internet connection but the connection is fine. The bar where you type in your email address is really slow for some reason,i think it may have been blocked but im not sure? If anyone could help that would be great.

I cant access my msn messgenger. Im not sure what it is,its says something about the internet connection but the connection is fine. The bar where you type in your email address is really slow for some reason,i think it may have been blocked but im not sure? If anyone could help that would be great.

Try re-installing your msn ;)

that should fix it

Have you run the trouble shooter? It runs through the log on process step by step?

Yep. Ive done everything,i think it could be well and truely fcukd. It happend before and i had to contact Bt who un-installed everything and then re-installed it then it worked. It was a virus from messenger that did it,i think im just going to have to live without it, sorry to everyone i entertain on there.

• 2 weeks later...
My system keeps freezing up.

When I have had task manager open, I notice that svchost.exe (system) is taking up 99% of the CPU.

This starts happening approx 5 mins after start up. What can be causing it to do this, and how do I prevent it?

Description:

svchost.exe is a system process belonging to the Microsoft Windows Operating System which handles processes executed from DLLs. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Note: svchost.exe is a process registered as a backdoor vulnerability which may be installed for malicious purposes by an attacker allowing access to your computer from remote locations, stealing passwords, Internet banking and personal data. If unaccounted for, this process should be removed immediately.

Note: svchost.exe is a process which is registered as a trojan. This Trojan allows attackers to access your computer from remote locations, stealing passwords, Internet banking and personal data. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system.

Note: svchost.exe is a process belonging to Microsoft Service Host Process. This could also be a stealth monitoring software that sits in the background and tracks all activities such as keyboard input (including websites visited, passwords etc.) This information can be sent to third parties through email or ftp uploads. If you did not intentionally install this program make sure you remove it to protect your privacy.

Looks as though you have an unwanted program my friend

• 3 weeks later...

Hey

Ok, problem.

After playing on Footbal Manager 06 I saved my game, and as I was pushed for time instead of quitting the game and shuting down my computer normally and pressed and held my power button until my computer shut down.

Nowm around 7 hours later I tried to boot up my computer. It comes up with the screen

"Start In Safe Mode

Safe mode with yadda yadda blah blah blah

After every setting I try i get a blue screen with error code:

*** STOP: 0X00000024 (0X0019011FF,0X81B9F238,0XC0000102,0X00000000)

Can anyone help with this? anything short of formatting my hard driv cuz i've got lots of stuff on there I need and i can't be arsed really to be honest :P

Any help is very much appreciated

Not really a support issue but if you are looking for a cheap pc www.itcsales.co.uk has some cheap stuff, it's mainly dell returns but the warranties are pretty good.

I need to reinstall windows but my CD-ROM drive is shite and doesn't read the disks, If I put the xp disk into the dvd drive the computer won't recognise it when I restart.

I looked in the BIOS boot up order but the dvd drive isn't there, just the hard drive, the cd drive and a couple of others

im buggered

can you go to the 1st boot option in bios and change it to cd drive (rmember the order incase you need to change back) then make the second option what was the first and the third what was the second, basically moving them all down one so the CD drive is above the hard drive. this should pick a Windows cd up if its in there and if not will go to boot of hard drive.