Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tincy

Leicester Men's Hairdressers

Guest MattP

What's the difference between a barber's and a hairdressers?  I genuinely don't know.

I do know of somewhere where you can get your haircut for a fiver but trust, me the extra £1.50 is well worth spending (and it's not because of the boobs)

In my experience Barbers Shops tend to a bit blokey, my barber still has a topless calendar on the wall. If you have a special occasion I usually go for a dry shave as well, not sure hairdresses do that.

The last hairdressers I went to was very feminine to say the least, which I imagine is only good if you've got a nice tart doing your hair.

Luigi's on Narborough Road, costs £9 I think and I've been going there for 15 odd years.

Came here to the say the same thing. Plus all they ever do is talk about football which im sure would go down well here lol

In my experience Barbers Shops tend to a bit blokey, my barber still has a topless calendar on the wall. If you have a special occasion I usually go for a dry shave as well, not sure hairdresses do that.

The last hairdressers I went to was very feminine to say the least, which I imagine is only good if you've got a nice tart doing your hair.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone having a shave in any of the myriad establishments I've had my hair cut in, which is a shame as I've always fancied having one done properly

A barbers shop will have a bunch of tits harmonising.

A hairdresser's is the same without the singing.

Two of the six in the one I go to were certainly worth the money, a sound investment.

Regrettably they generally play Gem 106 or similar banal commercial station bollocks.

They claim to have all learned their trade at the same place that the Barrie Stephens stylists (is that what they are?) did - is there some sort of super hair styling academy somewhere?  I must admit, when I used to pay £25 to get my hair cut at Tete a Tete, the haircut was practically identical as the one I now pay £6.50 for, but you did get a complimentary (small) bottle of Stella, a bag of Worcester Sauce flavoured Walkers AND a head massage off the girl that swept all the hair up.

I had a lot of spare income at the time but it still felt vaguely obscene so I stopped going

Nix on Hinckley Road. Costs £9 and he is the best I've ever used. I used to go Junction but the young guy who works there is...let's just say he isn't the best. At Nix, it's just the one guy so you're guaranteed consistency.

Cutting Room, Belvoir St, Leicester  .

£22.50 for Gents cut. It's okay for me

For £22.50 it would have to be more than okay for me. I'm a £8 at some barbers in the middle of Manchester, don't even think it has a name... The guy that does it is a right laugh, Sheffield United fan. That's partly the reason I go, decent aswell. Usually go every 3 weeks.

Edited by LCFC Rennie

Eve's on Upperton Road.

Sister works there, it's reasonably priced and you can have a couple of free beers.

My ex used to work with Eve Edited by rico

I'm genuinely surprised at the frequency with which some of you seem to get your hair cut! Every few weeks seems like a ball ache to me! But then I am a fairly scruffy bugger :D