Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tincy

Leicester Men's Hairdressers

I feel like I have asked this before but I can't find anything via the search function so I'm going to pretend I didn't.

I haven't had a haircut in years, I have somehow managed to get away with cutting it myself for ages because a) I'm scared that they'll cock it up, b) I hate the awkward conversation you are forced into, and c) I never know what I want and I know they hate it when you go in without anything.

I used the same barber for yonks, always had short back and sides, bit on top, it was fine. Then I realised I looked alright with longer hair and here we are, holiday coming and I can't be arsed sorting it out everytime I've been in the pool! I sort of have something in mind so it's time to sort it out.

So yeah, anywhere decen? I guess I'm after a bit more than just a short back and sides type deal but don't want to pay out my arse for a stylist.

Hook me up FT. :D

My sister works at Eve's hairdressers on Upperton Road.

£16 for a men's cut (and a couple of beers) they'll help you with how you want it. I change mine all the time, currently got 1.5 fading up to a 2 on the side and back with half inch on top and an inch of the quiff.

• 2 years later...
5 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

I haven't been to the Barbers in Leicester for a while, but need a haircut.

Is Luigi's still good?, went once 2 years ago.

Has anyone been to Suez Canal Haircutz?

I've knot heard of that place before 

2 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

Used to go Ron's but it seems to have shut now

I've started going 'Up The Junction' on Hinckley Road instead. £8 but it gets very busy, go early if you don't want to be sitting there waiting for an hour

Rons was ace back in the day.  Having a bloke smoking whilst cutting your hair was always a pleasure.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mee-9
8 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

In Thurmaston, never been there but would love to know how they came to call it Males Men's Salon? 

IMG_0083.JPG

I go to the one in Syston, owned by the same people, same name. 

Decent place, can get a quick hair cut, not too costly, friendly too. 

4 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

I go to the one in Syston, owned by the same people, same name. 

Decent place, can get a quick hair cut, not too costly, friendly too. 

When you are in there next, ask them where they got the inspiration for their name from? Genuinely interested. 

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, David Guiza said:

I realise this post is now almost 2 years old, but it reminded me of our old local chippy..

Image result for chips and fishe's

That is a criminal affront to the English language.

I hope you did the decent thing and burn it down?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Buce said:

That is a criminal affront to the English language.

I hope you did the decent thing and burn it down?

It was tempting! I just don't understand how it ever happened. It's been there for years I think, I can only assume that they haven't changed it on the basis of it being a gimmick now.