Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Philly Fox

USA Foxes

13 hours ago, KingsX said:

Well, that's 50 bucks out of pocket for every stateside LCFC fan who wants to see the games.  A laptop full of viruses from "dodgey Russian streams" that are minutes behind -- if they work at all -- is not an alternative if you have the buck and a half a week in disposable income. 

Rather than drive myself crazy, I will try to see this as a glass half full.  NBC has built a good team of broadcasters, considering they go ten deep on some gamedays.  And the availability of all the games on, at worst, a quality stream, is the reason why I can engage with my club on a level as good or better than, those UK fans who cannot get to games.

I worry what buying in will do as precedent. Once they know they have you by the balls for $50, then why not charge $100, $200? If profit is all they care about, they'll figure out how to maximize it.

I already pay a monthly fee for cable to support NBCSN. What exactly does that extra $50 get me? It's actually a worse product next year because you can't stream games that ARE on TV (like I can now). So if I'm not at home, I can load up a televised leicester game on my phone, laptop, etc. You wont be able to do that next year.

At the end of the day, you vote with your wallet. I might cave, we'll see, but right now I don't want to give them $50 more for a lesser product.

Maybe I'll just listen to the game on LCFC radio.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

I already pay a monthly fee for cable to support NBCSN. What exactly does that extra $50 get me? It's actually a worse product next year because you can't stream games that ARE on TV (like I can now). So if I'm not at home, I can load up a televised leicester game on my phone, laptop, etc. You wont be able to do that next year.

I may have read something wrong, but I believe you can still stream the televised games as you could in the past, through the regular NBC Sports app or online, with a cable subscription. The non-televised games are through the NBC Sports Gold app/site.

17 hours ago, WiFoxes said:

I may have read something wrong, but I believe you can still stream the televised games as you could in the past, through the regular NBC Sports app or online, with a cable subscription. The non-televised games are through the NBC Sports Gold app/site.

C'est vrai.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey fellow US based fans. Thought I'd let you know that I've emailed the club asking why we are charged VAT on club shop orders. Hopefully they'll reply soon and if they can waive it, we can save 20% off orders!! I've not had CBP pull any packages yet but should save double taxes if they do (not sure threshold before they tax us). 

Will keep you all posted  

• Like 1

Well this is annoying. From the club... 

"Thank you for your email. 

Unfortunately, our website does not have this feature; hopefully it is something we will look at implicating sometime in the future.

Kind regards, 

LCFC Shop"

"implicating"?! That linked to the king power investigation? If any owners should be good at duty free shopping, it's ours!! I did point out the irony of that to them... 

Edited by HoustonFox
Added some more text

On 7/24/2017 at 10:36, HoustonFox said:

Well this is annoying. From the club... 

"Thank you for your email. 

Unfortunately, our website does not have this feature; hopefully it is something we will look at implicating sometime in the future.

Kind regards, 

LCFC Shop"

"implicating"?! That linked to the king power investigation? If any owners should be good at duty free shopping, it's ours!! I did point out the irony of that to them... 

Lol, that last bit was great.

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

Update!

Apparently if we call, well, I call (I'm sure not just me), to make an order they can take off the VAT! Just need to spend more than £30, which shouldn't be hard. 

What's the shipping cost like? I feel like that's always the expensive part of the deal. 

4 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

What's the shipping cost like? I feel like that's always the expensive part of the deal. 

£15 all in I think, but I comes pretty fast. The no VAT should cover that if you get a couple of items. Also, I've found the club shop to be cheaper for shirts, even with names on that getting here in the US. $80 vs $120 or so.

Also, buying from the club makes me feel more like I am directly contributing to the next signing! ?

Edited by HoustonFox
  • Like 1

Looking at tomorrow's games plenty listed as being on nbcsports gold. Does this confirm you need to pay extra on top of your cable fee to watch these?

On 8/11/2017 at 14:21, davieG said:

Looking at tomorrow's games plenty listed as being on nbcsports gold. Does this confirm you need to pay extra on top of your cable fee to watch these?

Correct. Any premier league match not broadcast on NBCSN (or their affiliated networks) can only be viewed online through NBCsports gold. 

For Leicester, I think that will be a large majority of them. 

10 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Correct. Any premier league match not broadcast on NBCSN (or their affiliated networks) can only be viewed online through NBCsports gold. 

I presume that's not included automatically in your cable contract like it was before and you need to pay an extra 50.

23 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

Anybody pulled the trigger yet?  The PL Pass website page shows only the first three weeks of matches, and lists only three to five matches per week.  I thought all non-televised PL matches were included.  All "big six" games will likely be on NBCSN or CNBC, but I might have to rethink, if the whole LCFC schedule is not covered.

Would be nice to know if the quality of the streams is at least as good as in the past -- and how well the on-demand feature works.

50 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Anybody pulled the trigger yet?  The PL Pass website page shows only the first three weeks of matches, and lists only three to five matches per week.  I thought all non-televised PL matches were included.  All "big six" games will likely be on NBCSN or CNBC, but I might have to rethink, if the whole LCFC schedule is not covered.

Would be nice to know if the quality of the streams is at least as good as in the past -- and how well the on-demand feature works.

I haven't yet. I'll probably cave at some point, though.

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

It's there. Were you looking on the mobile version of their site perchance?

Yes I know it wasn't when I posted the link though.