Philly Fox

USA Foxes

855 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, KingsX said:

Well, that's 50 bucks out of pocket for every stateside LCFC fan who wants to see the games.  A laptop full of viruses from "dodgey Russian streams" that are minutes behind -- if they work at all -- is not an alternative if you have the buck and a half a week in disposable income. 

Rather than drive myself crazy, I will try to see this as a glass half full.  NBC has built a good team of broadcasters, considering they go ten deep on some gamedays.  And the availability of all the games on, at worst, a quality stream, is the reason why I can engage with my club on a level as good or better than, those UK fans who cannot get to games.

I worry what buying in will do as precedent. Once they know they have you by the balls for $50, then why not charge $100, $200? If profit is all they care about, they'll figure out how to maximize it.

I already pay a monthly fee for cable to support NBCSN. What exactly does that extra $50 get me? It's actually a worse product next year because you can't stream games that ARE on TV (like I can now). So if I'm not at home, I can load up a televised leicester game on my phone, laptop, etc. You wont be able to do that next year.

At the end of the day, you vote with your wallet. I might cave, we'll see, but right now I don't want to give them $50 more for a lesser product.

Maybe I'll just listen to the game on LCFC radio.

4 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

I already pay a monthly fee for cable to support NBCSN. What exactly does that extra $50 get me? It's actually a worse product next year because you can't stream games that ARE on TV (like I can now). So if I'm not at home, I can load up a televised leicester game on my phone, laptop, etc. You wont be able to do that next year.

I may have read something wrong, but I believe you can still stream the televised games as you could in the past, through the regular NBC Sports app or online, with a cable subscription. The non-televised games are through the NBC Sports Gold app/site.

17 hours ago, WiFoxes said:

I may have read something wrong, but I believe you can still stream the televised games as you could in the past, through the regular NBC Sports app or online, with a cable subscription. The non-televised games are through the NBC Sports Gold app/site.

C'est vrai.

Hey fellow US based fans. Thought I'd let you know that I've emailed the club asking why we are charged VAT on club shop orders. Hopefully they'll reply soon and if they can waive it, we can save 20% off orders!! I've not had CBP pull any packages yet but should save double taxes if they do (not sure threshold before they tax us). 

Will keep you all posted  

Well this is annoying. From the club... 

"Thank you for your email. 

Unfortunately, our website does not have this feature; hopefully it is something we will look at implicating sometime in the future.

Kind regards, 

LCFC Shop"

"implicating"?! That linked to the king power investigation? If any owners should be good at duty free shopping, it's ours!! I did point out the irony of that to them... 

Edited by HoustonFox
Added some more text