Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Philly Fox

USA Foxes

What a game indeed. Everything came together just at the right time. From amazing set pieces to Carli's Charlie Adam-like goal, it was just unbelievable. They thoroughly deserved to win this and I'm glad I was along for the ride.

I was happy to see the HUGE support the women's team was getting from the States. American Outlaws are doing a FANTASTIC job with getting people to love our national teams. Hopefully the men carry on tomorrow with their Gold Cup fixture. I'm pretty much over LCFC news until the club gets their manager position filled out. Too much to follow and too many, "who do you think should be our next manager" facebook posts. My page has blown up over them.

Update: I just moved into a new office today. I started a new job the beginning of May and I had an office that was kind of... make shift? Now I have a door and I need some foxes flair up! Any of you guys have anything good in your offices?

I keep a scarf and the logo up. A few co-workers put up a big photo of Jobber and a the logo up in our "lounge" area just as a gag just before the Great Escape started-- of course it had to stay through the season!

• Like 1

There are 5 men, including myself, in my office. Soon there will be only 4 of us. My boss enjoys soccer but doesn't really support a club, just the league in general. He goes to MLS and NASL games (Fire or Crew and Indy Eleven). But I'm sure if I had clients in here none of them would know lol

Bob Bradley, anyone?

That man is a legend in my opinion. But I'm from Chicago and (barely) remember his great days here. His success helped get me into "soccer" when I was young, so would love it if he got the job... Hopefully the owners at least consider him.

The MON of Chicago.

As others said in the Preki thread, I certainly wouldn't mind if he managed to get his son here too.

If we keep Cambiasso, our midfield would be a little confusing though.

Also as I said in the Preki thread:

The Norway league has a short summer break between the 12th and 26th.

A respectable time for Bob Bradley to leave Stabæk and join us? In time to join for the start of Austria training too, right?

If we keep Cambiasso, our midfield would be a little confusing though.

Also as I said in the Preki thread:

The Norway league has a short summer break between the 12th and 26th.

A respectable time for Bob Bradley to leave Stabæk and join us? In time to join for the start of Austria training too, right?

Hahaha, very true. I was thinking about myself. Realistically though, I imagine it would be a year or two before getting MB was even close to a possibility. I wonder how much his purchase price would be...

I didn't know that as I know nothing about the Norway league, but that certainly makes sense!

I like Bob Bradley (even though things started to get really stale at the very end of his USMNT tenure), but honestly, I don't even know what to think when it comes to any topic related to Leicester City right now.

I don't either. I don't think many of our UK brethren care too much for him, but I think he would be fine. Doesn't exactly fill me with overwhelming excitement but he would be a decent hiring. It would certainly make more sense about all this Preki business. 

Edited by Swiper

Just posted in the Preki thread, thought I'd copy it here to get you guys' thoughts:

It has to be Bradley coming in with Preki his #2 right?

Bradley is signed up But wants to wait until the league break to leave (last game Sunday). He brought no coaches with him to Stabaek, so he gets his old number 2 Preki on board. Preki's team, Sacramento, **** up the timing by having a press conference for his departure, even though he is staying through the weekend for friendlies, which allows him to come on board at exactly the same time as...Bradley.

That's my opinion of what has gone down. Maybe I'm way off and there will be a press conference announcing that Preki is our man tomorrow, but I'd rather go forward with Bradley.

Honestly, this seems like the most plausible scenario going right now. I can't wrap my head around why Sacramento had their press conference this early though if no announcement can be made about the job Preki is taking.

It amazes me the amount of negativity over a manager due to his "league 3" status. I'm just sitting here waiting for the crazy to end so we can move forward with a manager and a club and a preseason.

It amazes me the amount of negativity over a manager due to his "league 3" status. I'm just sitting here waiting for the crazy to end so we can move forward with a manager and a club and a preseason.

If we were linked with appointing Rob Page as manager then there would be a lot of negativity as well.

Probably so. It just amazes me the level of anger lol. I think the post that made the most sense was, "appoint someone...there isn't much time left for the manager and the team to gel together."

Probably so. It just amazes me the level of anger lol. I think the post that made the most sense was, "appoint someone...there isn't much time left for the manager and the team to gel together."

Been a Leicester fan long? Anger is what we do.

Hi there -. I wanted to join the ranks of fellow US based Foxes supporters. I was a season ticket holder at Leicester as a kid and moved to the states to coach youth football back in 2001. I now live in Rochester, NY and still try and fly back at least once per year to watch them in action. My American daughters both have shirts and pretend to enjoy watching the games on Saturday mornings!

I'd take Bob Bradley in a heartbeat. Like most US players; he's probably grossly underrated and would end up doing a superb job. I also think that from a marketing standpoint, having an American manager would be quite a ploy given NBC's blanket coverage of the Prem.

• Like 1

My news aggregators went crazy over Martin O'Neill this morning. It seems fans just want A manager now. IIRC many weren't too keen on him, or anyone else for that matter.

Any news on what Pearson might be up to?