Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SOCCERROO FOX

The Tinder Thread

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I deleted all my Tinder and Bumble matches the other day, just got fed up with it.

The more people I chat to and dates I go on, the more I realise I'm happy as I am.

Still believe the right person might be out there though... 

polite way of saying that you kept getting rejected :ph34r: 

After reading this thread i feel i am missing out in something.

I've heard of Tinder and dating websites of course, but that's about it. Is it for finding friends with benefits  or long term relationships? 

What do you do, sign up and wait for a swipe and if you get swiped arrange a hook-up? Is it purely for the younger generation or for anyone? 

Isn't it a bit scary meeting a random person, you know bugger all about? What if you meet and have nothing in common and it becomes super boring?

Asking because i really am intrigued - for my friend obviously :D 

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I've heard of Tinder and dating websites of course, but that's about it. Is it for finding friends with benefits  or long term relationships? 

What do you do, sign up and wait for a swipe and if you get swiped arrange a hook-up? Is it purely for the younger generation or for anyone? 

Isn't it a bit scary meeting a random person, you know bugger all about? What if you meet and have nothing in common and it becomes super boring?

Way less people use it for honestly meeting up than used to. A lot of people essentially play it as a swiping game to boost their self esteem and to have some banter with a stranger. It's like Omegle and Hot or Not rolled on to one app. 

There are still people on it looking for everything from hook ups to relationships though. Just depends what you're after. 

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

My mate married a girl last week who he had met on Tinder, so it's clearly not just for the Des and Stans of this world.

bro des is literally getting married cos of this thread 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Interesting replies. 

Im curious, might give it a go and make an account. I will die though if i don't get any swipes. lol 

You definitely will, you're a girl.

On 11/10/2018 at 12:05, Suzie the Fox said:

Apparently you want something called ‘Lumen’ Suze.

It’s the dating app for the over 50’s :thumbup:

On 11/10/2018 at 18:32, Suzie the Fox said:

Interesting replies. 

Im curious, might give it a go and make an account. I will die though if i don't get any swipes. lol 

Awaits you dating someone on here and see two separate posts in “ How was your day”

” went out on a date with this woman tonight,really hit it off,she was so in to me”

” went on a date with the most boring man in the world,won’t be seeing him again “

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Warning! This post might be a little vulgar.

My main relationship ended three years ago. I then saw a girl (real world pull, not online) for a few months and I rightly ended it, but it hurt her and I felt uncomfortable in causing hurt (I'd never actually dumped a girl before!)

So been single for 18 months. Partly by choice and partly coz I rubbish at pulling in bars

So a mate implores me on to go online. I did a couple of weeks ago  and ended up in a one night stand last week

Honestly, I felt disgusted. I actually preferred the dignity of being single/celibate! (No, I'm not kidding)

So my point/question is, Does anybody really like online dating? I find the whole business seedy and demeaning (demaning to me and the bird). Or is there a better way?!

7 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

My main relationship ended three years ago. I then saw a girl (real world pull, not online) for a few months and I rightly ended it, but it hurt her and I felt uncomfortable in causing hurt (I'd never actually dumped a girl before!)

So been single for 18 months. Partly by choice and partly coz I rubbish at pulling in bars

So a mate implores me on to go online. I did a couple of weeks ago  and ended up in a one night stand last week

Honestly, I felt disgusted. I actually preferred the dignity of being single/celibate! (No, I'm not kidding)

So my point/question is, Does anybody really like online dating? I find the whole business seedy and demeaning (demaning to me and the bird). Or is there a better way?!

I've been married long  enough to want to switch situations with you. One night stands, she goes home (or you do) is fantastic lol.

I know it can get tiring (not for me) and that you may prefer long term (i get that) but that will happen when the right lady falls into/onto your lap.

I dont think online dating is demeaning if both of you why you are there. If its tinder then sex and bounce is the deal. If on match.com or Christiansingles.com then perhaps its more longer term.

In terms of meeting women you see them daily. I think if you have  enough confidence youd be surprised at what responses youd get back from the ladies. 

4 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I've been married long  enough to want to switch situations with you. One night stands, she goes home (or you do) is fantastic lol.

I know it can get tiring (not for me) and that you may prefer long term (i get that) but that will happen when the right lady falls into/onto your lap.

I dont think online dating is demeaning if both of you why you are there. If its tinder then sex and bounce is the deal. If on match.com or Christiansingles.com then perhaps its more longer term.

In terms of meeting women you see them daily. I think if you have  enough confidence youd be surprised at what responses youd get back from the ladies. 

Grass is always greener. When I was attached, I'd long for a one night stand.

But, to me, they are definitely overrated. It's not just the shagging though. On a wider note, I honestly think this generation is missing out on the cat & mouse of being single. I used to be so excited to be going in a date. I mean the best anticipatory feeling ever.

There was zero buzz, zero jeopardy, zero risk meeting for an online date

12 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I have been in a similar situation. I had a two-and-a-half year relationship end about two years ago, and I did ‘resort’ to Tinder at one point. I didn’t do it for very long on the basis that I felt like I was trying to ‘replace’ her. It might have felt good for a short time, but I didn’t want to go further into a situation I couldn’t get out of easily. Unfortunately, I have had to learn that the hard way. Being single for a little while longer is better than having aggro from someone whose feelings I am not reciprocating, if that makes sense. And yes, I find “pulling in bars” a little difficult, too (usually because they find I’m a Watford fan - hah).

I would love a meaningful relationship, but I want one for the right reasons. So to ‘answer’ your question, I don’t know how I feel about online dating, especially in relation to this. But personally, I feel like I’ve previously resorted to apps like Tinder to fill a void, so to speak. Unfortunately, I find the concept of dating baffling at the best of times, anyway.

Edited by aefevans

6 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Grass is always greener. When I was attached, I'd long for a one night stand.

But, to me, they are definitely overrated. It's not just the shagging though. On a wider note, I honestly think this generation is missing out on the cat & mouse of being single. I used to be so excited to be going in a date. I mean the best anticipatory feeling ever.

There was zero buzz, zero jeopardy, zero risk meeting for an online date

I was really joking of course but most men will see a fit lady and think,  if i was single.... lol

There is 10 to 12 year gap between me and my two younger brothers and ive seen how they grew up dating in the 2000s and 2010s as teens/20 years old was totally different then when i was doing the same 10 years earlier.

Seems like a generation of just casual sex, not commitments.   I mean i was a bit of a playa in my teens but it wasnt easy to shag on a first date etc. My brothers stories were shocking. I felt like i grew up in the wrong decade but am glad i didnt.  My youngest brother is single and basically is shagging  different woman every few weeks for the last 2 years. He says he is tired of it and longs for a meaningful relationship but that most women he meets are not mentally mature to want that or just dont want it.  Guess there is immaturity on both sides.  Perhaps it has something to do with all this crap we see on the tube, internet, parent divorces (more common). 

Im happily married with two kids and my wife is fanstastic. Always has my back, super supportive and a wonderful mother. 

I have to say though being in a meaningful relationship with someone who has your back no matter what  is where its at.  Hope you find that sooner than later mate

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aefevans said:

I have been in a similar situation. I had a two-and-a-half year relationship end about two years ago, and I did ‘resort’ to Tinder at one point. I didn’t do it for very long on the basis that I felt like I was trying to ‘replace’ her. It might have felt good for a short time, but I didn’t want to go further into a situation I couldn’t get out of easily. Unfortunately, I have had to learn that the hard way. Being single for a little while longer is better than having aggro from someone whose feelings I am not reciprocating, if that makes sense. And yes, I find “pulling in bars” a little difficult, too (usually because they find I’m a Watford fan - hah).

I would love a meaningful relationship, but I want one for the right reasons. So to ‘answer’ your question, I don’t know how I feel about online dating, especially in relation to this. But personally, I feel like I’ve previously resorted to apps like Tinder to fill a void, so to speak. Unfortunately, I find the concept of dating baffling at the best of times, anyway.

Lol. Yes, the whole dating game is baffling. That's its appeal in some respects.

As you say, the online stuff is so transactional. It kinda misses the point of flirting*, the risk, the dare, the buzz, the glory and failure

* flirting, BTW, is an art that's passed me by - regardless of online dating's existence. But, again, as I'm useless at it, I'm fascinated by it!

• Like 1