Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SOCCERROO FOX

The Tinder Thread

4 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

All you single lads need to get to shaggin so us married folk can live vicariously through you.

I can assure you the bird I had last weekend is best enjoyed vicariously.

My theory on online dates  is that they look in reality about 33% worse than their worst profile photo. So, if the bird is only just passable on their worst photo, prepare for disappointment

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

My theory on online dates  is that they look in reality about 33% worse than their worst profile photo. So, if the bird is only just passable on their worst photo, prepare for disappointment

Isnt it about shaggin. Dont get me wrong you want to shag a fit bird but it is tinder. Whats your cut off. 6/10 (inclusive of your 33%) ? Or have you been down into the 5, 4 territory due to a dry run.

14 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Ah tinder they were the days. MTWG actually lives in Australia now with that Laura 23 bird hence why he doesn’t post anymore (time difference)

Wife/GF doesnt allow him you mean

Edited by Jattdogg

On 27/02/2019 at 08:45, Paninistickers said:

Only 33%? You're lucky. Your 33% is 66% where I live! I kid you not. I have an awful memory and facial recognition issues so things tend to get excitingly mysterious at times... Nevermind the face though, that's not so bad, what I find really off putting is they shamelessly lie about the body type... and sometimes 'a little extra' gets uncomfortably much lol My online dating motto is abandon all expectations ye who get into, it's hard to go wrong from there..

On a more serious note, what you wrote about the transactional side of it, I can definitely relate to. Talk about putting the best version of yourself in a display window to lure them in. And that's exactly what the birds are doing, displaying the ads - the gold and glitter versions of themselves and we are expected to do the same, a six-pack and a car that will scream BUY. Yes it is demeaning. Maybe it has to be like that to be so direct and effortless. I think if you can manage to detach yourself from it, not to dwell on the 'transactional' side of it too much, and don't set your expectations too high, you might get very pleasantly surprised... things can get rewarding, and I don't mean it only in the sexual way.

On 28/02/2019 at 13:44, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Managed to pluck up the courage to ask a colleague out on a date... We had nothing in common and that amounted to nothing. Didn't do the confidence any good. 

Loved your good news story, but it's this bit that fascinates me. 

How people get out of a date or relationship. 

Would be great if people just said "Nah, this isn't working" and simply went their separate ways.

However, there is usually an "instigator" and a "victim" and mindgames and euphemisms. 

I say this as a married fella who hasn't had to worry about this stuff for more than 20 years. 

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Would be great if people just said "Nah, this isn't working" and simply went their separate ways.

However, there is usually an "instigator" and a "victim" and mindgames and euphemisms. 

I disagree. Sometimes it really isn't working and, albeit rare and fortunate, you find the other person is thinking the same thing so it's easier to break it off. 

Other times you just have to be honest and make sure you can justify a 'break up' or reasons why you don't wanna carry on dating someone. That's if you're sane or just a nice person. I know other people who will literally just stop talking to someone and ghost them, block them out of their lives for good without any reason or explanation. 

13 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I say this as a married fella who hasn't had to worry about this stuff for more than 20 years. 

just don’t reply 

46 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

We did go on a date but at work we'd only ever really spoken about work-related stuff, and on the date it was just so weird to not have anything in common. I think what hurt was that I liked her and before we went on a date I had it in my mind that it would lead somewhere. Whereas when I went on my first Tinder date I just went into it thinking "this is just going to be a laugh" so it was massive bonus that it's a new (much better) chapter in my life

Before the ex left me I'd been talking to a mate (who's in a 10 year relationship of his own) and we were about how we'd have no idea how to get back into dating if either of us ended up single again. Turns out it's a piece of piss these days lol

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I disagree. Sometimes it really isn't working and, albeit rare and fortunate, you find the other person is thinking the same thing so it's easier to break it off. 

Other times you just have to be honest and make sure you can justify a 'break up' or reasons why you don't wanna carry on dating someone. That's if you're sane or just a nice person. I know other people who will literally just stop talking to someone and ghost them, block them out of their lives for good without any reason or explanation. 

Yeah you've got to let them know, there's no point in continuing dating or having a relationship if there's no spark or you disagree on too much stuff, it's only going to cause one or both parties misery. Ghosting is a bit shitty, but excusable if the other person is a total nutjob