Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

I know someone who works at the club and he says it doesn't happen very often but Pearson made a mistake by signing him.

The one thing he always looks for in players is attitude and apparently Ben Marshall had a terrible one. One time he pulled up in the training ground opened his door & chucked a load of McDonald's rubbish onto the floor. Someone told him to pick it up, his reply was "it's not my job too"

Sounds like him, he was a ****! I knew why city got rid of him from when I'd meet him

Sounds like him, he was a ****! I knew why city got rid of him from when I'd meet him

Attitude is a big thing with Leicester, seems to big a big driving factor in if they sign a player

I know when i met SSL he turned up late outside the ground early in the season as i was walking in, and as he got out i jokingly said "On time again Sean" and his response was "I don't have to be here if i don't want to be"

Bet he doesn't feel like saying that these days

Attitude is a big thing with Leicester, seems to big a big driving factor in if they sign a player

I know when i met SSL he turned up late outside the ground early in the season as i was walking in, and as he got out i jokingly said "On time again Sean" and his response was "I don't have to be here if i don't want to be"

Bet he doesn't feel like saying that these days

Yeah that sounds like SSL too! I was fortunate enough with old job to be around them quite a lot and you could tell there was a togetherness building behind the scenes which I liked! There was always a few that was outsiders really and they were you're typical big heads.

Gally, wellens & Marshall was a big group who I couldn't stand, thank fully they've all gone and maybe for a good reason as it's now brought the best out of drinkwater, he was around with them at start but since they've all left he has become one of our most crucial players in my opinion.

SSL has always been a player with potential but has never had the professionalism unfortunately. His a great bloke and the players do genuinely like him 

Rarely got a in a position to cross and a run of 4 goals in 6 games makes it sound not as great as initially thought.

He's got the technical attributes to be a good player but he doesn't impose himself nearly enough. He's not got the flair of someone like Knockaert or Mahrez.

Poor man's David Bentley.

This.

I got the feeling when he was with us that it was going to be one of those situations. Same hype around his technical ability but would people choose him over Mahrez or Knockaert - I highly doubt it.

Timing right for Bolton Wanderers exit, says former Leicester City defender Cian Bolger

6:30am Thursday 7th August 2014 in Headlines

3155142.jpg?type=articlePortraitRIGHT MOVE Cian Bolger

CIAN Bolger admits the time was right to leave Wanderers in search of football.

The former Leicester City defender signed for Southend United for a nominal fee on Tuesday, although The Bolton News understands that a sizeable sell-on fee has also been included in his two-year contract at Roots Hall.

Bolger failed to make the first team grade in 18 months with the Whites but impressed during a handful of pre-season appearances.

Linking up with Whites legend Phil Brown at the League Two club, Bolger feels the decision to leave the Championship was right for his career.

“There is only so long you can spend going out on loan before you feel it’s time to try and move on permanently to get some regular football and settle,” he said.

“It was a difficult decision for me to leave Bolton, of course, but the opportunity to come to Southend, settle and be part of the first-team was something I couldn’t turn down.”

I know someone who works at the club and he says it doesn't happen very often but Pearson made a mistake by signing him. (BEN MARSHALL)

Scored some decent goals, created a few, ultimately his attitude let him down and had to be shifted on and the club made HALF A MILLION profit on him. Yes, half a million profit. Not much of a mistake really.

You look at Pearson's signings since he returned. The players, by and large, (and Ulloa excepted, for now) are worth much more than what they originally cost. That is the sign of a decent manager.

Scored some decent goals, created a few, ultimately his attitude let him down and had to be shifted on and the club made HALF A MILLION profit on him. Yes, half a million profit. Not much of a mistake really.

You look at Pearson's signings since he returned. The players, by and large, (and Ulloa excepted, for now) are worth much more than what they originally cost. That is the sign of a decent manager.

I didn't mean he made a mistake in buying him because he wasn't a very good player. I meant that he didn't know/realise how much of a bad attitude he had.