Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

3 hours ago, MPH said:

Falling over easily and getting knocked off the ball easily are two different things.....

And anyone of similar speed and strength as knocky is either playing for a relegation threatened team or has the skill to compensate for it.

I think people have french tinted glasses when it comes to Knocky... or man-love tinted glasses or whatever it is.. I think people are confusing a great character for being a great player...

Another who dismisses players too easily.  All good packets come in 3.   Ex Leicester connections all beginning with "K"

Kane..Keane..Knockaert..!!!   Kinhel Now theres a thought..And a great 4th...Kante..

and a legend called King.

Edited by fuchsntf

8 hours ago, filbertway said:

I feel like if Knocky was still here, he'd be fighting it out with Shinji for the #10 role behind Vardy. Happy to work his nuts off and probably more of a goal threat than Shinji. Could see him picking up a fair few yellows as well mind as it looks like it can be a frustrating role to play.

Think N'golo deserved it last year, not seen enough of Chelsea to comment on him this year. Happy for the guy though, most consistent top performing player I think I'm ever likely to see play for Leicester. Can't remember one game where I was disappointed with him last year.

Don't really get the love for Knocky. He was a decent player but didn't have the best attitude IMO. Too self centred and greedy for me, but maybe he has now learned it s a team game.

We offered him a contract, but he wasn't willing to fight for his place. Chose to ply his trade in the sub standard Belgium league (only two half decent teams). Showed his lack of ambition to me, wants it too easily.

I will look forward to seeing him play again and give him a round of applause, but we owe him nothing, no doubt he tried his hardest for us more often than not, but he just isn't good enough, otherwise he wouldn't be playing for B & HA.

Gray is far superior and has a real future on the game. I wasn't bothered when Knocky left, I would be disappointed if Gray went, which is very possible. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, the fox said:

Why am I seeing "kantè deserved it last season", it was mahrez>vardy>kantè for the poty award

I find it funny that people will use "well, the players voted for him" to justify him getting it this season over hazard while overlooking the fact that those same players voted for mahrez.

Say all you want about how kantè being hard to replace, but so does a double digit in goals and assists RM and a 24 goals striker.

This current team could've had a chance in a top 6 finish.

Edit: congrats to n'golo (before some people read too much into it)

You're right. We could do with one of those now.

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Another who dismisses players too easily.  All good packets come in 3.   Ex Leicester connections all beginning with "K"

Kane..Keane..Knockaert..!!!   Kinhel Now theres a thought..And a great 4th...Kante..

and a legend called King.

I was one of knocks biggest fans when he was with us. He just isn't a Number ten and isn't as fast or strong as Okazaki. It's a crazy world if that's called dismissing a player..

3 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Don't really get the love for Knocky. He was a decent player but didn't have the best attitude IMO. Too self centred and greedy for me, but maybe he has now learned it s a team game.

We offered him a contract, but he wasn't willing to fight for his place. Chose to ply his trade in the sub standard Belgium league (only two half decent teams). Showed his lack of ambition to me, wants it too easily.

I will look forward to seeing him play again and give him a round of applause, but we owe him nothing, no doubt he tried his hardest for us more often than not, but he just isn't good enough, otherwise he wouldn't be playing for B & HA.

Gray is far superior and has a real future on the game. I wasn't bothered when Knocky left, I would be disappointed if Gray went, which is very possible. 

Not willing to fight for his place/ wanting to be closer to his dad who wasn't very well. Same difference I suppose.

He was that desperate to leave with a bad attitude he was crying his eyes out at the training ground when he went. Zzzzzzzzz. 

Still, whoever said he would be challenging Shinji for that role lol he's slow as hell so watching him close down would be painful.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, the fox said:

Do you think kantè is a top 20 in the world?

Is he better than than one of :

Messi, Rinaldo, Suarez, bale, neymar, modric, kroos, iniesta, thiago, Vidal, chiellini, neuer, lewa, higuain,Ramos, griezmann, hazard/Sanchez, verratti, Godin, boateng/kun/kdb

(/ means "or")

In his position (CM/CDM) he certainly is one of the best.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, the fox said:

Those are ballon d'or winners, champions league winners, world cup winners, euro winners, copa America winners and been doing it on the highest level for so long, kante still has a long way to go. Call me when he does it on the international stage.

Just because you are the best player in a position doesn't mean you should be top 20, you could notice that I didn't put any fullback on the list even tho alaba is a world class player.

Well hes just about to win 2 premier leagues in row with 2 different teams not many players have done that look in my opinion he is 100% in the top 20 players in the world he would be in any single team in the world if they had him including real and barca and surely u cant say he wouldn't look are u actually arguing that kante isnt world class??????

Edited by lcfcdamo

12 hours ago, the fox said:

Do you think kantè is a top 20 in the world?

Is he better than than one of :

Messi, Rinaldo, Suarez, bale, neymar, modric, kroos, iniesta, thiago, Vidal, chiellini, neuer, lewa, higuain,Ramos, griezmann, hazard/Sanchez, verratti, Godin, boateng/kun/kdb

(/ means "or")

Yes he is better than every single 1 of them and getting the ball back and starting the attacks for these players football isnt just about putting the ball in the back in the net kante is world class and if you cant accept that then thats up to you

21 hours ago, KingsX said:

Interesting article about N'Golo's days coming up in France.  More rejections and bumps in the road than I would have thought.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2704137-finding-ngolo-kante-the-men-who-discovered-the-pfa-player-of-the-year

Ngolo BR.JPG

Very very interesting read. If he was 6"0 he would have probably gotten his chance sooner

After reading that amazing piece on Kante that KingsX posted above, I thought I'd put this up here - about a similarly modest young midfielder. This is from World Soccer in 1971:

IMG_0725.jpg

Suddenly a new name has exploded on the soccer scene... a name you'll certainly be hearing a lot more of in the coming years. Every so often, but all too seldom, you watch a player with all the natural skills, all the drive and determination, all the flair and imagination and you mark him down as a star, one of the few really talented players from whom something is always expected and always produced.

In the vastness of the Barcelona stadium in a European Cup Winners Cup tie involving a club of part-timers from Northern Ireland, the man plays the game of his life. Martin O'Neill is the man. Distillery his club. Already this exciting youngster has attracted the attention of clubs like Celtic, Leeds, Arsenal, Preston, Coventry and Hull and already, though he has still to play a full season in the Irish League, he has been suggested as a member of the Northern Ireland team. After his breathtaking display in Barcelona, where he matched and often bettered anything the Spaniards could do, and where he won over the sporting fans with his sheer brilliance, the other Distillery players called him the "White Pele" and told me of his genuine modesty.

Captain Peter Rafferty told me of O'Neill's first games for the club: "Every time he missed a goal, even from the most impossible of positions, he would apologize to the rest of us. Every time he tried something and it didn't come off he would say how sorry he was and how he would try and do better next time. And next time he usually did do better." I can personally second Peter's comments. Whenever I watch O'Neill play well and tell him so afterwards, he says: "Do you really think so?"

Distillery are in an awkward position over him. They know they have the hottest property in Ireland on their books, they know he must eventtually leave them for bigger things, yet they know they cannot let him go for chicken feed. If a club wants him they must be prepared to start talking around the 20,000 pound mark, and even then they would have stolen him.

He is, as Barcelona manager Rinus Michels said after the game, something special. Remember the name... Martin O'Neill. 

Edited by kushiro
  • Like 1

On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 10:31, Beliall said:

Gallagher with a great save v Newcastle

The worst thing about it was that he could have headed it, wasnt like the Suarez one in the World Cup where Suarez had no option other than using his hands.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

The worst thing about it was that he could have headed it, wasnt like the Suarez one in the World Cup where Suarez had no option other than using his hands.

I thought the same thing

1 hour ago, Steven said:

Jonny Hayes nominated for PFA Scotland Player of the Year. :blink:

Seven goals and 17 assists in 29 SPL games.

If he hadn't been injured early on during Aberdeen's EL qualifying campaign, he could've added even more goals & assists - imagine!

Speaking of Jonny Hayes - taken from a football page:

"Served him in William Hill in Aberdeen, he absolutely hates football. Said he wished he was a jockey instead, didn't know who half the teams were in Europe haha! Amazing really considering the talent"

Edited by MC Prussian