Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

50 minutes ago, dominicmsb said:

Aleksandar Tunchev came back from retirement to resign for Plovdiv in the Bulgarian first Division in February. He has just retired for a 2nd time at 35 years old.

Decent player, shame about all the injuries! Reminds me that Kishishev was once here too. Feels weird to think about those days now, especially given they're not that long ago!

Leicester City should target challenging for the Premier League title again this season, believes former City striker Darius Vassell.

City's stunning title success two seasons ago shocked the sporting world and Vassell, who was Sven-Goran Eriksson's first permanent signing when he took over as manager shortly after the King Power Group took over the club and launched City towards the Premier League, believes City are still capable of competing with the Premier League's big clubs again.

Vassell said City shouldn't now be content with their miracle season and instead use it to maintain their growth into a top Premier League side, which began seven years ago.

"I think can certainly challenge for the title again," said Vassell, who scored five goals in 45 appearances for City until injury ended his career.

"I don't know what the point of them winning it is if they are going to sit back on it and not try anymore.

"I think they have good people there and good owners. I think those owners probably have their own little battle going on with the other big owners in the league.

"I am pretty sure Leicester will be pushing for the title again soon. We have to look at the transfer market, who they are going to buy and who leaves.

"Like all the top teams, Leicester will be classed up there with the bookmakers before the start of the season."

Andy King and Kasper Schmeichel were at the club when Vassell was part of Eriksson's City squad and he said he was particularly delighted to see those two stalwarts lift the trophy at the end of the 2015-16 season.

"I was shocked when they won the title," said Vassell.

"I didn't think they were going to do it until the last three or four games.

"The good thing about it was being able to see some of my former team-mates like Kingy and Kasper enjoying that moment.

"I sent them text messages saying well done. That was good.

"I saw the journey Leicester are on, and I was a part of it, even if it was a bit part and right at the start of the journey."

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/leicester-city-should-target-another-title-challenge-believes-former-striker/story-30402099-detail/story.html#TlTW4Ss2oxJEoLLd.99

• Like 3

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Leicester City should target challenging for the Premier League title again this season, believes former City striker Darius Vassell.

City's stunning title success two seasons ago shocked the sporting world and Vassell, who was Sven-Goran Eriksson's first permanent signing when he took over as manager shortly after the King Power Group took over the club and launched City towards the Premier League, believes City are still capable of competing with the Premier League's big clubs again.

Vassell said City shouldn't now be content with their miracle season and instead use it to maintain their growth into a top Premier League side, which began seven years ago.

"I think can certainly challenge for the title again," said Vassell, who scored five goals in 45 appearances for City until injury ended his career.

"I don't know what the point of them winning it is if they are going to sit back on it and not try anymore.

"I think they have good people there and good owners. I think those owners probably have their own little battle going on with the other big owners in the league.

"I am pretty sure Leicester will be pushing for the title again soon. We have to look at the transfer market, who they are going to buy and who leaves.

"Like all the top teams, Leicester will be classed up there with the bookmakers before the start of the season."

Andy King and Kasper Schmeichel were at the club when Vassell was part of Eriksson's City squad and he said he was particularly delighted to see those two stalwarts lift the trophy at the end of the 2015-16 season.

"I was shocked when they won the title," said Vassell.

"I didn't think they were going to do it until the last three or four games.

"The good thing about it was being able to see some of my former team-mates like Kingy and Kasper enjoying that moment.

"I sent them text messages saying well done. That was good.

"I saw the journey Leicester are on, and I was a part of it, even if it was a bit part and right at the start of the journey."

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/leicester-city-should-target-another-title-challenge-believes-former-striker/story-30402099-detail/story.html#TlTW4Ss2oxJEoLLd.99

Nice words there from Vassell, I rated him during his time here.

Will always remember him for his stepovers every time he took on a player.

Micky Adams is coaching the under 18s at Harborough Town, still lives locally.

Last managed Sligo in 2015, looks like the work has dried up since.

17 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Micky Adams is coaching the under 18s at Harborough Town, still lives locally.

Last managed Sligo in 2015, looks like the work has dried up since.

I heard he has interest in property business.

Comes across as a decent person and down-to-earth.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Chris Wood scored the only goal for New Zealand in tonight's Confed Cup match against Mexico, a game the Kiwis lost 2-1 in the end after taking the lead to half-time.

The Video Assistant System (is that the real name for the new rule being tried out?), at the end, after a melee, appeared to have been be very ineffective at that period; took a good while for the referee to caution a few after that particular incident.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Preston first team coach Steve Thompson ( never forget his goal v Swindon at Wembley) has taken on the role of first team affairs at Preston while they search for a new manager.....Great to see that some of the bonds and friendships they had when with us are still strong and they can still work together eg Grayson and Thompson, Saint Martin and Steve Guppy ...

Steve Claridge: Salisbury boss plays against Portsmouth aged 51

• 43 minutes ago
  • From the sectionFootball
Sharethis page
Steve Claridge
Steve Claridge scored 34 league goals in 104 appearances for Portsmouth between 1998-2001

Salisbury boss Steve Claridge came out of retirement at the age of 51 to play in a pre-season friendly on Saturday.

Claridge, who played more than 1,000 senior games before retiring in 2012, started the 3-0 defeat by Portsmouth.

He came in as there was a player shortage against the League One side, with two on holiday.

"Thanks everybody who came today, Salisbury and Pompey, don't suppose there's four of you who could carry me upstairs to bed is there?" he tweeted.

The former Leicester City, Portsmouth and Millwall striker began his professional playing career at Bournemouth in 1984. He went on to manage Pompey, Millwall and Weymouth.

The Wiltshire side are the 23rd team the BBC Sport pundit has played for.

Claridge said he could not have asked for any more from his eighth-tier side as they took on last season's League Two champions.

"I did what I had to because there were no other options than this, but it wasn't about me," Claridge told BBC Radio Solent.

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 18:46, Uncle Monty said:

That hair though...

The stress of being a football manager...this is just 5 and a half years ago when joining Huddersfield...

article-2103911-11D6A653000005DC-573_468

• Like 1