Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

Joe Mattock had a decent game today, good attacking play from left back. I wonder how he would do if he came through our academy now alongside Hamza and Chilwell.

On 06/05/2018 at 20:08, Spudulike said:

Drinkwater not in the Chelsea squad (again) today.

Is he injured, fallen out with the manager or just not good enough ??

he is forgotten - sad really. I hope other player will reflect on Drinky's England career when they seek to jump ship to one of the biggies.  Though my previous example (Fabian deplph) see to have made some progress in his carear at last!

6 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Kramaric scoring vs Dortmund as hoffenheim chase for the champions league, turning into a class CF Benzema/Firmino style 

13 goals and eight assists in all 34 league matches. Respect.

Shame it didn't work out for him here, he just couldn't make an impact and feature more regularly in the starting XI.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Koke said:

Joe Mattock had a decent game today, good attacking play from left back. I wonder how he would do if he came through our academy now alongside Hamza and Chilwell.

Miles behind Chilwell so if he came through at the same time, he would be even further down the ladder than he is now.

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Miles behind Chilwell so if he came through at the same time, he would be even further down the ladder than he is now.

I agree. Chilwell is miles better than him., which make me laugh when some people on here think Chilwell is Mattock in disguise. 

In hindsight if Mattock stayed with us after promotion rather than going to WBA he might have had a different career path. He jumped 2 divisions up which is a huge step up. It did Andy King a lot of good to dominate in that division and gradually improve.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

Martin Allen appointed Chesterfield manager, he's taken Carl Muggleton with him as GK coach and Adrian Whitbread a Assistant Manager.

Edited by Tuna

On 27/04/2018 at 21:23, ealingfox said:

Remember how many of our fans didn't rate him? Good times. Funny how things work out when you actually get some decent coaching at a club.

remember when half our fans were kicking off because we got rid of kramaric and not vardy. good times. 

On 12/05/2018 at 22:48, MC Prussian said:

13 goals and eight assists in all 34 league matches. Respect.

Shame it didn't work out for him here, he just couldn't make an impact and feature more regularly in the starting XI.

Some Italian club wanted him for 30m euros in January. He's done really well for himself.

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Some Italian club wanted him for 30m euros in January. He's done really well for himself.

Hoffenheim paid eleven million Euro (£9.5m) for Andrej last summer. What a steal.

And now he'll be featuring at the World Cup for Croatia and playing Champions League next season. Totally earned it, I'm very glad for him and that he's been able to finally fulfill his potential.

Guest Cujek
11 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Would walk into the team now imo.

7 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Hoffenheim paid eleven million Euro (£9.5m) for Andrej last summer. What a steal.

And now he'll be featuring at the World Cup for Croatia and playing Champions League next season. Totally earned it, I'm very glad for him and that he's been able to finally fulfill his potential.

Right player, wrong time. 

Caught a glimpse of “Greatest Scottish Games” earlier on Sky Sports which showed highlights of the 2006 Scottish Cup Final between Hearts and third tier Gretna Green. 

Roman Bednar (I nearly forgot he played for us!) and Robbie Neilson were on show, with the latter demonstrating prowess with his long throw ability (and he slotted a penalty in the shootout).

Former players - albeit the footage was from a few years before both joined - but former players nevertheless :surrender: