Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

1 minute ago, TheMightySystem said:

Joe Dodoo is on loan at Blackpool. Doubt he would have made it here anyway but must regret moving surely?

I doubt it. He would have been told he would be in the U21 team for the season and decided to move on.

48 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Joe Dodoo is on loan at Blackpool. Doubt he would have made it here anyway but must regret moving surely?

He just wasn't good enough for us and nothing was going to change that. He was destined for a lower league career at best. Getting a 250k move to Rangers was good for us and for him as it might be the best contract he ever gets.

Andy Hall

@officialcufc

United boss John Sheridan has today appointed former-Leeds, Leicester and Boro winger Tommy Wright as his assistant manager on a two-year deal.

Dunfermline-born Wright, 52, moved down from Scotland as a youngster to start his career at Elland Road where he went on to make over 100 career appearances in a four-year stay.

His next six years were split between spells with Oldham Athletic and Leicester City before he teamed up with Middlesbrough in 1992.

A move to Bradford City preceded short stays with St Johnstone and Livingston, north of the border, before he rounded off his playing career with Doncaster Rovers.

He has worked previously as assistant to Sheridan at Oldham and Chesterfield, and was also most recently part of the managerial staff at Barnsley.

“Tommy is a good friend of mine and he’s someone I trust, but the main reason I’ve brought him in is that he’s good at his job,” Sheridan said. “We’ve had success together, having been with me at a few clubs, and I’m chuffed to bits that he’s come on board.

“Along with Paul Murray and the other members of staff that we’ll have I think we’re putting together a good management team. The way we work is that we bounce things back and forward off each other and Tommy has his opinion, which I like.

“He’s honest and he’s not frightened to say how he feels about things. We’ve proved in the past that we’ve been a good partnership and we need to prove that again. It’s a good challenge here but he’s going to add to what we’ve already got to help us to take it on.”

“He comes here with a great track record,” he continued. “At clubs where he hasn’t been working with me he’s won promotions and been to cup finals, and he knows the game and the players inside out.

“Another big thing for me is that he’s a winner and he doesn’t just come along for the ride. He’ll get to know the players and he’ll work out how to get the best out of them along the way. I’m looking forward to working with him again.”

HITC Sport understands Shrewsbury have bid for Tranmere star Norburn.

Shrewsbury are hoping to steal a march on their rivals in the race for Tranmere Rovers midfielder Oliver Norburn after tabling a bid for his services, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

New Shrewsbury boss John Askey has made Norburn one of his top targets this summer having worked with the player during his time in charge of Macclesfield.

Askey signed Norburn at Macclesfield and he feels the former Leicester City youngster would be a valuable addition to his plans for next season at Shrewsbury.

A number of League One clubs, including Bradford City and Scunthorpe are monitoring Norburn's situation and are weighing up moves for the talented midfielder.

Norburn joined Tranmere last summer from Macclesfield and played a key role in their promotion back to League Two from the National League.

The 25-year-old made 46 apppearances in all competitions for Tranmere last season and chipped in with four goals and four assists from midfield.

SEE ALSO: Scunthorpe move for non-league ace

Tranmere are reluctant to lose Norburn as they prepare for life back in the Football League and they understood to have rejected Shrewsbury's offer for the player.

Jacob Blyth: Barrow sign former Leicester City and Motherwell striker
40 minutes ago From the sectionBarrow

Jacob Blyth failed to score in his nine appearances for Motherwell in 2016-17
Jacob Blyth failed to score in his nine appearances for Motherwell in 2016-17
Barrow have made former Leicester City and Motherwell striker Jacob Blyth their fourth summer signing.

The arrival of Blyth, 25, follows the recruitment of forwards Jack Hindle and Astley Mulholland from Colwyn Bay and Ashton United defender Josh Granite.

Blyth had loan spells with Burton Albion, Notts County, Northampton Town, Cambridge United and Blackpool during his four years on Leicester's books.

He joined Motherwell in June 2016, before leaving 14 months later.

He suffered a range of injuries while with the Scottish Premier League side - an Achilles problem followed by thigh, ankle and foot complaints.

Blyth played non-league football at Nuneaton Griff, Bedworth United and Leamington before his move to Leicester in 2012.

3 hours ago, boots60 said:

Callum Davidson to join Stoke as Gary Rowetts assistant.

I can feel a flutter on Stoke coming on.

As well as Kevin Phillips being part of Rowatt's backroom team.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

12 hours ago, Gerard said:

Good luck to the lad - he's deserved a more extended shot at the Premier League.

And who knows? Maybe in two, three years' time, he'll be back in a Leicester City shirt.

Edited by MC Prussian

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Good luck to the lad - he's deserved a more extended shot at the Premier League.

And who knows? Maybe in two, three years' time, he'll be back in a Leicester City shirt.

I wish we could justify signing him now - by all accounts he's been great at Reading.

He left us because he wasn't getting in the first eleven though, so I'd much rather he goes to Brighton and has a fighting chance of getting in their first eleven. Fingers crossed he ends up back here eventually.

8 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Ben Marshall joins Norwich. Always liked him when he was here. Completely forgot he was at Wolves.

Made possible thanks to the Maddison money. Good move for Marshall - I hope he's dropped some of his previous attitude issues whilst he was at LCFC.

Will never forget his screamer against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...