Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AnotherShitSeason

Heavy handed censorship on here

I've never seen anything like it ANYWHERE else on the internet.

May as we be posting via Snapchat the amount of time my threads stay up for!

Poor form & further backs up my suspicions regarding certain individuals on here.

Two deleted last night & this one sure to go the same way.

Discussion forum anyone?

Maybe they'd leave this open if it was in the User Feedback section.

Who actually looks in that riviting section though!? I didn't even know it existed.

If threads are in the wrong section then just need to be moved. Not deleted.

I'm talking about censorship (i.e. deletion) of threads that don't tow the party line.

What's the point of this place if you can't discuss these things directly relating to Leicester City Football Club?

Guest MattP

They to sensor more bollocks on here imo.

It's like Bentley Roof at times with the amount of out of date moronic opinions spouted.

Look at my "Just Like Watching Brazil" thread for example. LOCKED after one comment.

Why? It's a valid point. Somebody doesn't like what I'm saying because it's not popular opinion.

Full of Kim Jong-un's on here given the power to supress opinion.

Any other situation there would be uproar.

A flippant comment with no substance, why the need to start an new thread when there are already countless threads discussing/predicting how we will do next season? Some of the even started by you.

If it is discussion you want post something of substance rather than a re-hash of the same point you've been making for years with no new evidence to back it up.

There is no total freedom on an internet messageboard. At some point, censorship/moderation has to come into play and remain active.

The OP has a created a peculiar image with his posting history.

ASS, you have to admit that you're more likely to be moderated with a history of previous "outbursts" and moronic posts like yours.

And if you think it's bad on here, you might want to try and delve into some other clubs' online forum(s).

You strike me as the kind of guy who'd fit in perfectly with Bentleys Roof. But then again, I suppose you're already active there, anyway.

I prefer the Bentley's Roof way of doing things. Post what you want, if you don't like it then don't read it. We're all grown ups ffs. The 'Just Like Watching Brazil' thread wasn't the funniest but Jesus I've seen many more dubious posts, there were a couple a few months ago taking the piss out of a Holocaust film that Rincewind had watched. But then it's the internet and I don't expect everything to be nice and fluffy and I wouldn't want it deleted.

And why get so precious over starting new threads, I've never really understood the obsession with that....

To be fair, there is a point to be made at times. I had 2 posts removed from the World Cup sub section, the other week, in the wake of the Suarez/Chiellini incident, despite both of them receiving a fair number of 'plus points' or whatever. It seemed like they were only removed because they were aimed (but not in a vicious or insulting way), at a member in particular. I've seen A LOT, LOT worse said on here and nothing done.

I sent this reply to member on here so i thought I'd put it in here.

This forum is a privately run forum when you join you agree to abide by the rules set out by the owner, in that sense it's not democratic as the owner has both legal responsibilities and personal views on what makes the forum 'good'. Based on the popularity one can't really argue that it's not good.

Having said that a lot of the responsibility for maintaining the forum has been given to moderators and administrators, people that have rarely if ever even met the owner or each other and each with a different interpretation on what is an acceptable post.

So you're not going to get any degree of consistency in what is deleted, merged, warned or banned. It's not a perfect situation but the mods are all part time volunteers that's the way it is and is not going to change so people really need to accept it and move on and stop forever bleating about how unfair it is. Welcome to life.

I prefer the Bentley's Roof way of doing things. Post what you want, if you don't like it then don't read it. We're all grown ups ffs. The 'Just Like Watching Brazil' thread wasn't the funniest but Jesus I've seen many more dubious posts, there were a couple a few months ago taking the piss out of a Holocaust film that Rincewind had watched. But then it's the internet and I don't expect everything to be nice and fluffy and I wouldn't want it deleted.

And why get so precious over starting new threads, I've never really understood the obsession with that....

^^^ Bovril get's it. :thumbup:

I sent this reply to member on here so i thought I'd put it in here.

This forum is a privately run forum when you join you agree to abide by the rules set out by the owner, in that sense it's not democratic as the owner has both legal responsibilities and personal views on what makes the forum 'good'. Based on the popularity one can't really argue that it's not good.

Having said that a lot of the responsibility for maintaining the forum has been given to moderators and administrators, people that have rarely if ever even met the owner or each other and each with a different interpretation on what is an acceptable post.

So you're not going to get any degree of consistency in what is deleted, merged, warned or banned. It's not a perfect situation but the mods are all part time volunteers that's the way it is and is not going to change so people really need to accept it and move on and stop forever bleating about how unfair it is. Welcome to life.

The content of my posts aren't the issue here. There was nothing derogatory or offensive. Just a flippant / topical post regarding next season.

It's the suppression of anything other than unbridled positivity that the problem here. I just don't think that way…and wouldn't ever want to.

I'm a target because I don't think the same way as everyone else on here.

Whoever deleted my thread shoved it back up (locked) once I made a fuss & they realised they were acting like a crazed North Korean Dictator.

I am Foxes Talk's evangelist of free speech. The Peoples Poster! Never a troll. Just a purveyor Truth, Justice & Negative thought.

The content of my posts aren't the issue here. There was nothing derogatory or offensive. Just a flippant / topical post regarding next season.

It's the suppression of anything other than unbridled positivity that the problem here. I just don't think that way…and wouldn't ever want to.

I'm a target because I don't think the same way as everyone else on here.

Whoever deleted my thread shoved it back up (locked) once I made a fuss & they realised they were acting like a crazed North Korean Dictator.

I am Foxes Talk's evangelist of free speech. The Peoples Poster! Never a troll. Just a purveyor Truth, Justice & Negative thought.

Can we finally nail you to the cross now?

As I stated this is a privately owned forum so freedom of speech is not a right. There may have been nothing offensive in your post but the owner has the right to determine what does and what doesn't enhance/improve the forum and judging by its popularity they must be doing something right. So if they think your continual negative postings don't add anything good to the forum then they have the right to do what they want with it.

It's a cliché but if you don't like how it's run then I suggest you go and start up your own then you can post what you like.

I've said enough now so won't be continuing this debate as is my right.

As I stated this is a privately owned forum so freedom of speech is not a right. There may have been nothing offensive in your post but the owner has the right to determine what does and what doesn't enhance/improve the forum and judging by its popularity they must be doing something right. So if they think your continual negative postings don't add anything good to the forum then they have the right to do what they want with it.

It's a cliché but if you don't like how it's run then I suggest you go and start up your own then you can post what you like.

I've said enough now so won't be continuing this debate as is my right.

Good reply tbf.

Posting on here is a privilege not a right. Mark doesn't have to suffer your shit.

If you don't like the way you're treated then **** off.

Somewhat more succinctly put than i put it lol

Archived