Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

End of tenancy clean

London, man.

I've got some of this lethal ass shit to try out later. I'll basically either have a clean oven or be dead by the end of the day. 

OvenPride.png

I bought some of that earlier and it's now going to town on my oven, I shall report back tomorrow and the quality of it's work.

Hypothetically (because it's really not that bad here!) can they actually bill you beyond the deposit?

I don't think they can. They will just take whatever they see necessary out of the bond or even keep it depending on the circumstances. There has to be evidence and stuff provided though so they know it's down to you ie knackered carpets, damage ect.

I might be wrong though....

First things first, grab hold of the inventory and condition report when you entered the house and check how it stacks up against that.

Is your deposit covered by the deposit protection scheme? If ou went through an agent if I understand correctly they now have to process it through there which makes it much harder for landlords to screw you over.

That's even a real thing?

Currently got my missus round helping so I think that's a no on the paying one to come round.

She has been moaning it's too hot mind so a freebie isn't off the cards. Got a nice bit of Kwak in the fridge.

Kwak is absolutely bloody lovely! One of my favourite bev's at the minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it all depends on how good your landlord is really.

There's some great, honest landlords out there. There's also some nasty ones who'll try and get every penny possible from you....

The problem is that what you see as clean as what the agency see as clean aren't necessarily the same thing.

I would go to the agent, if you have one, or the landlord and ask if they have a preferred cleaner - book through them, get it done and send the receipt to them. At least you'll get the rest of your deposit back and be able to go down the pub and chill while it's being done.

I paid £400 for a large 3 bed flat in edinburgh.

lol not sure with my place me and wife was given a fairly basic agreement to sign which lasted six months. We are now in our 7th year there lol

lol not sure with my place me and wife was given a fairly basic agreement to sign which lasted six months. We are now in our 7th year there lol

Archived