Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

Mod mafia strike again!

So posted earlier about an alledged incident between knocky and RDL which was possibly the cause of his omission from the squad at the weekend, but our mafia have made the thread disappear without trace!

Who else has been a victim of this over zealous policing?

Think the word alledged in your post says it all.

It's not over zealous at all, it's called protecting the forum.

We've had problems before which involved false rumours about De Laet which originated on here, he was gracious enough then to accept an apology. That might not happen again, meaning big trouble for the forum and you.

Remember that.what people fail to remember is that the mods and I presume Mark do not get paid for doing this,how many people would police the forum for nothing on here as I expect its a right pain in the arse.Allegedly!Wouldnt bother me at all if they took a small fee.

I'm pretty sure whatever I say you'll keep this white knight act going.

Well you are being a bit of a dick! 

There's hundred of people who use this forum, clearly the occasional post gets deleted accidentally. Old Babs has explained that already! I'm pretty sure most posts are deleted for good reason though and if people don't understand why, maybe they shouldn't be on the internet! This forum is a great place and its free! If we were all paying then maybe we could get an explanation when posts are deleted! But its not, and like i say 9 times out of 10 its clear as day why that post was deleted!

People like me would stop moaning about disappearing posts

Or you could just stop moaning anyway....

I have had stuff deleted before and I have not had a clue why, but you know what? Life is bigger than an Internet forum and there's more important stuff in life for someone to get their knickers in a twist about.

Or you could just stop moaning anyway....

I have had stuff deleted before and I have not had a clue why, but you know what? Life is bigger than an Internet forum and there's more important stuff in life for someone to get their knickers in a twist about.

right.name one thing more important.

How about set your own forum up and then you will have free reign to post what you like.

Thought not....

Wow!! Does Mark run this site as a full time job?

No, but he puts a lot of time, money and effort into keeping the forum running. Something most of you won't even be bothered to realise.

Well you are being a bit of a dick!

There's hundred of people who use this forum, clearly the occasional post gets deleted accidentally. Old Babs has explained that already! I'm pretty sure most posts are deleted for good reason though and if people don't understand why, maybe they shouldn't be on the internet! This forum is a great place and its free! If we were all paying then maybe we could get an explanation when posts are deleted! But its not, and like i say 9 times out of 10 its clear as day why that post was deleted!

Okay okay. I get all of your points and appreciate all the hard work and time dedicated to the forum.

I didnt know posts could be accidently deleted so easily. I thought there would be a bit more or a process to it. To someone not in the know, it does just seem like you've got mods deleting random things, which is why I suggested a feature to stop new posters feeling aggrieved.

I will now bow out before I make myself seem like even more or a dick.

I had a comment deleted and was unable to post for about 12 hours cos I told finners to shut up after England lost to Uruguay

Other than that I've probably had loads deleted but not noticed. So can't have been that interesting i guess

I had a comment deleted and was unable to post for about 12 hours cos I told finners to shut up after England lost to Uruguay

Other than that I've probably had loads deleted but not noticed. So can't have been that interesting i guess

You told him to shut up!

Don't you realise where he gets his hair cut?

Okay okay. I get all of your points and appreciate all the hard work and time dedicated to the forum.

I didnt know posts could be accidently deleted so easily. I thought there would be a bit more or a process to it. To someone not in the know, it does just seem like you've got mods deleting random things, which is why I suggested a feature to stop new posters feeling aggrieved.

Fair response!

If you must know it was me that deleted it.

Whether it's true or not, we can't have unfounded rumours such as this flying around.

Can you prove it happened?

Even if it could be it should not be posted here.

This if it happened should stay in house be delt with hands shook and never spoken of again.

We all understand the team ethic Nige has set up and it works.

Why should we use this place to destroy this all I want is the best for my club not to bring it down.

As supporters thats what we should do support the club and players.

Not post stuff that could erode what Nigel and the players have worked so hard for.

There will inevitably be an element of randomness about any mod action because we're all individuals mostly having never met and working to a very basic set of guidelines so we will all interpret them differently.

It's not perfect but aside from us all entering a training programme and passing a test to check we're all singing the same song to the same tune there's little else that can be done about it.

So you'll have to live with the randomness and focus on what is good about the forum, it's popularity suggests there's not that much wrong with it.

Archived