Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Ticket Exchange: Positive Feedback

• 2 weeks later...
Would like to thank [mention=9496]ramboacdc[/mention] for my prime seat at Man U, and the apparent miracle of the ticket arriving without postage!

The less said about my car getting locked in overnight, the better....
to this day i have no idea how the mrs managed that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Lestagirl said:

I too would like to thank Ramboacdc for some fantastic help with tickets... and would love to know the story of the car...

I had another commitment beforehand in Manchester, meaning my original plan to use the tram was out, since time had got too tight. One advantage of this is that all the traffic had cleared, so I got to the general vicnity very quickly. I drove really quite close to the ground and found a parking area open, with no signs prohibiting football traffic, nobody on the gate and no warning that the area would be locked, or indeed at what time. Too good to be true, I thought, correctly as it turned out.

I snuck my car in, and made my way to the ground (finding a fiver en route, which turned out well for me later) and got to my sun-drenched seat just in time to see the kick-off. I enjoyed regressing a little and some extended 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghs' at DDG (and he was noticeably upset at this, at one point pointing in our general direction and asking the stewards that it should stop). I left shortly before the end, having already had a fairly long day, and being fairly sure the game was up, and quickly made my way back to the car park, to find...............it was padlocked. The area belonged to a car dealership over the road, and after a phone call or two and a very pleasant chat with the on-site security guy, it turned out there was no chance of getting that gate unlocked that evening. It wasn't all bad, since someone walked straight past me that I'd not seen in 25 years, and we swapped numbers. He texted me from Fleetwood a few days ago!

I had visions of having to wait until Tuesday to get it back (it being a BH weekend), but no, they said tomorrow morning at 10.30, it happens frequently, sorry for the inconvenience etc. I mildly pointed out there should be signs up about this, which they all nodded at (no doubt they always nod at that) and it was a good job I didn't have to get back to Leicester. Not only that, it is also a good job I have good friends who live in central Manchester. 

That fiver came in handy when requiring sustenance at moments of stress, and for getting me on the tram! I came back the following morning, and after a short wait, got my car back with a minimum of fuss and at no cost. The day was saved and I went to see another local friend, using the difficulty as best I could before going home to Buxton.

N.B. The bit about DDG might be bollocks...

5 hours ago, scottp79 said:

Please do not trust stjohn I transfered money to his account for a ticket for tomorrow no ticket no response to messages either ?

Me too. Were you spun a story about poorly great uncle and a locked SIM?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...