Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Following Mrs CF !!!    Had to take the car in so Mrs CF said she knew exactly where I had to take it to so just follow her ....    light changes to red and she darts through ...    she then 'waits' for me at the next roundabout and goes round and round ...   I catch her up but she doesn't know I'm there and round and round we go together !!   until I give a honk and she realises !!    Then she gets a flat tyre .....      :nono:

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Following Mrs CF !!!    Had to take the car in so Mrs CF said she knew exactly where I had to take it to so just follow her ....    light changes to red and she darts through ...    she then 'waits' for me at the next roundabout and goes round and round ...   I catch her up but she doesn't know I'm there and round and round we go together !!   until I give a honk and she realises !!    Then she gets a flat tyre .....      :nono:

Image result for postman pat driving in circles gif

6 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

convoy.jpg.7e87901a83e1b5497b12ebb979bd77c5.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I knew if I hung on long enough you'd get a pic up for me Bucey !! ....   can go and have my sandwich now ...   :thumbup:

God, I'm so fvcking predictable..

hillbilly-sandwich-shack-700x524.jpg.d0d73ef5210178490a9508c1badccb89.jpg

• Like 1

On 08/04/2017 at 15:17, StanSP said:

when you're at traffic lights and there's 2 lanes - 1 lane goes left, the other goes straight.

I'm in the lane that goes straight and the kid next to me tries to cut in in front of me as he's in the wrong lane.

why not just wait til there's a gap in the traffic instead of nearly causing an accident/collision at a busy junction??

Every single day at the top of Soar Valley Way!! I can forgive them if it's a mistake but I see the same people doing it over and over again. I don't yield any more, they want to cause an accident they can do as they are the ones in the wrong.

20 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Every single day at the top of Soar Valley Way!! I can forgive them if it's a mistake but I see the same people doing it over and over again. I don't yield any more, they want to cause an accident they can do as they are the ones in the wrong.

This is utterly awful at the huge Fosse Park roundabout. Coming from the motorway so many people cut in unsafely when they're in the lane to go to Narb Road rather than into ASDA. I feel like it happens every time I'm in the right lane.

Then coming from the top of Narb Road, there's two lanes towards the motorway and two towards the B4114. How difficult is it to get wrong? People jumping to swap when it's been specifically designed for people not to.

19 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Thurmaston Shopping Centre roundabout.

There really can't be a much worse roundabout in the city than this one - too much congestion and poorly-planned.

Thurmaston shopping centre car park itself is a nightmare. so many people can't read the GIVE WAY road marking heading out towards that roundabout and pull out on cars following the road round to the right (no need to indicate as its just a bend in the road, not a right turn) towards pizza hut

14 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Thurmaston shopping centre car park itself is a nightmare. so many people can't read the GIVE WAY road marking heading out towards that roundabout and pull out on cars following the road round to the right (no need to indicate as its just a bend in the road, not a right turn) towards pizza hut

I agree there's no legal requirement to indicate, but it's helpful if they do.

For anyone who doesn't know, this is the car park in question. Pretty clear that the road bends round to the right. So unless you're indicating to come off it, it should be assumed that you are following the road round. People shouldn't have to indicate right to follow the route of the road. Cars waiting at the give way line shown often pull out on cars coming from either direction here, not just those following to the right, but those coming FROM the right, heading back out to the roundabout.

thurmaston turn.jpg

19 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

This is utterly awful at the huge Fosse Park roundabout. Coming from the motorway so many people cut in unsafely when they're in the lane to go to Narb Road rather than into ASDA. I feel like it happens every time I'm in the right lane.

Yeah that's probably the worst place in my whole commute, even worse there when someone is in the lane to go to Asda and they then decide they want to turn right instead and just swerve all the way across to go right. Absolutely amazed I've not been taken out just there.

I'm waiting for it now so my foots covering the brake and my hands on the horn before I even get there. :D

3 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

For anyone who doesn't know, this is the car park in question. Pretty clear that the road bends round to the right. So unless you're indicating to come off it, it should be assumed that you are following the road round. People shouldn't have to indicate right to follow the route of the road. Cars waiting at the give way line shown often pull out on cars coming from either direction here, not just those following to the right, but those coming FROM the right, heading back out to the roundabout.

thurmaston turn.jpg

I can imagine that being a nightmare, people barely spot those on the roads let alone in a car park when they are distracted looking for parking and lots going on. Not sure why they don't just make that a standard straight on had priority and you give way joining from that side bit.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I can imagine that being a nightmare, people barely spot those on the roads let alone in a car park when they are distracted looking for parking and lots going on. Not sure why they don't just make that a standard straight on had priority and you give way joining from that side bit.

I'm fairly sure it used to be like that. God knows why they changed it.

Now the evenings are lighter, again the only thing that annoys me (apart from not signalling).

SLOW DRIVERS in cars on single lane A roads.

If after 15 minutes you happen to notice a line of cars behind you that disappear into the horizon, please be courteous and pull over.

Was driving home from work today, cars were parked up on my side of the road so had to go on the other side, nothing was coming at the time so obviously I went, then some dork comes over the roundabout ahead towards me and blocks off the road so I can't get through, he then makes me reverse back about 15 meters when he could've gone back about 2.

Motorbikes that swerve in and out at short notice.

It's reasonable if the situation was standstill traffic, but not on a busy A-road.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Some absolute loon in a 63 plate White Polo in Coalville this morning. 

I came out a junction behind him, nearing a bridge he pulls out and overtakes the old guy in a fiat in front of him and then slams his brakes on, stopping dead. Then speeds off to the lights, which are on red leans out the window ranting at the old guy. The red mist had clearly descended at this point. Turns towards Morrisons and nearly clips a parked car, gets stuck behind a 4x4 who wanted to turn right and was a little slow reacting to the oncoming car flashing him to turn, the muppet is hitting his horn and leaning out the window gobbing off again. Finally turns into Morrisons car park.

Some people!!