Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

How precious people get when two lanes merge. I've been caught out plenty of times being in the middle lane on Soar Valley Way and watched dozens of other cars go past and I've just thought ffs. So now I'm wise to it and go down the right lane when it's busy because it's quicker. Might not be the done thing, but it's just experience.

I get the other guys waited longer than me but I was slowly moving (whilst indicating to come in) and 5 cars whizzed past almost pushing me into the central reservation. Just common sense to have one left-one right isn't it? That's my rule when letting people on the right merge anyway.

Edited by RonnieTodger

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

How precious people get when two lanes merge. I've been caught out plenty of times being in the middle lane on Soar Valley Way and watched dozens of other cars go past and I've just thought ffs. So now I'm wise to it and go down the right lane when it's busy because it's quicker. Might not be the done thing, but it's just experience.

I get the other guys waited longer than me but I was slowly moving (whilst indicating to come in) and 5 cars whizzed past almost pushing me into the central reservation. Just common sense to have one left-one right isn't it? That's my rule when letting people on the right merge anyway.

Not just common sense, I'm pretty sure the zipper merge is the highway code standard for that sort of scenario.

• Like 1

People who don't understand or look at roundabouts.

Coming out of the Braunstone Gate Tesco and turning right at the mini-roundabout, Woman in a Landover puffing on a fag, just doesn't look when I'm just about to pass her lane, doesn't break, just drives straight over, having to quickly swerve out the way, we was pretty much side to side.

When I managed to get back in lane with her behind me, I put my arms up in the wtf motion and she just shrugged and puffed away again.

We all make errors on the road from time to time, but when your at fault the minimum of an apology would be appreciated at least. 

The third lane that merges into the other two on a dual carriageway.  Perfect example - the lights outside Fosse Park on the way up to Aylestone crossroads.

If you're going to stick yourself there, shift your arse when the lights turn green and stop faffing about!  

The typical scenario being I go slow, you go slower, I go slower, you go slower.  

Just move!!!

15 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The third lane that merges into the other two on a dual carriageway.  Perfect example - the lights outside Fosse Park on the way up to Aylestone crossroads.

If you're going to stick yourself there, shift your arse when the lights turn green and stop faffing about!  

The typical scenario being I go slow, you go slower, I go slower, you go slower.  

Just move!!!

Coming back towards Fosse Park from Aylestone, no end of people sit in the right hand lane the whole way down waiting to turn into Fosse Park but go at about 40 blocking the whole road up. 

Arseholes who move out to overtake on the A1 (2 lanes) when they are not at the vehicle and so cause a tail back of those who could have gone past them had they pulled out at the correct time.

Arseholes who wave and flash their lights at me after I go past them and 20 odd other vehicles on the left because they pulled out to early.

Arseholes who are out of sight before they finally overtake said vehicle.

Coming out of the Enderby Park and Ride this morning, the lights go green and I trundle out to be nearly sideswiped by a twat in in a Skoda who could only have blatantly run the lights long after they had gone red. It's not really that that annoyed me, but rather his horn action and hand gestures as if I was somehow to blame for his brainless driving. Followed him up Lubbesthorpe Way, and was sorely tempted to continue following him when he turned into the Meridian to see if he would have still been so keen to give me the w*!ker hand gesture face to face.

On 07/08/2018 at 16:22, RonnieTodger said:

It's absolutely the done thing, in fact it's the correct thing to make use of both lanes. Always try and get across into the right hand lane towards the top before the lights. What's not the done thing is the total c**** who go up the left hand lane and then force their way into the middle lane and then across into the 3rd lane at the lights, when the left lane is clearly left only.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's absolutely the done thing, in fact it's the correct thing to make use of both lanes. Always try and get across into the right hand lane towards the top before the lights. What's not the done thing is the total c**** who go up the left hand lane and then force their way into the middle lane and then across into the 3rd lane at the lights, when the left lane is clearly left only.

This happens everyday on my way back from work.

On 06/08/2018 at 17:55, Carl the Llama said:

More cyclist shenanigans.  So I'm crossing a bus & cycle lane as a bike rounds the bend, travelling towards me on the far side of the road.   At our respective paces I obviously won't be all the way across before their path and my own intersect however I've just finished work and I'm tired so I carry on as I am, after all I'll be pretty much about to mount the pavement when they catch to me and they're the only other road user so that's basically a whole lane for this cyclist to work with, they just need to pull a little to the right and they'll clear me with tons of road to spare.  And yet this lady makes no attempt to alter her course and nearly knocks me down as I'm stepping up onto the kerb.  Completely unnecessary, aggressive behaviour.

I look forward to hearing how the angelic cyclist did nothing wrong because cyclists can't do bad things.

I alternate between cycle and car, everyday I’m astonished by the antics of road users (including pedestrians) on my bike I’ve been swerved into purposely twice by cars, pedestrians cross junctions without looking and quite a number of cyclists are just plain stupid, everyone is in such a rush, it’s the me, me, me society 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/08/2018 at 16:17, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I alternate between cycle and car, everyday I’m astonished by the antics of road users (including pedestrians) on my bike I’ve been swerved into purposely twice by cars, pedestrians cross junctions without looking and quite a number of cyclists are just plain stupid, everyone is in such a rush, it’s the me, me, me society 

The amount of times I've been sat there on my bike and just laughed in amazement at some of the sh1t that I've seen happen from others. But at the same time, cyclists can be complete arseholes. Those that run reds and wonder why they get nearly hit 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I keep on being stuck behind this idiot when I am returning home from work.

I wonder if anyone else recognises the car - a blueish skoda. I see it at Ratby Lane at J21a between 17:45 and 18:00. They have come from either the M1 northbound or A46 southbound.

1) Cannot maintain sufficient speed on a road where the national speed limit applies. They are doing 30mph.

2) Approaching the roundabout to turn right onto Blood Hill (to head towards Kirby Muxloe) they straddle both lanes and do not indicate.

3) Again cannot maintain sufficient speed on a road where the national speed limit applies (Blood Hill into Kirby - and its down hill).

4) At the roundabout at the bottom of the hill they straddle the two lanes, fail to indicate and turn left.

5) Go through main street at below 20mph.

6) Reach the end of Main Street (t junction with Hedgerow Lane) they stop about 10 yeards from the junction and fail to indicate before turning left

If I had a dash cam I would send it to the police for inconsiderate driving. If its a matter of confidence - I'm sorry but they are a danger to themselves and others.

On 17/08/2018 at 12:13, Ian Nacho said:

Coming back towards Fosse Park from Aylestone, no end of people sit in the right hand lane the whole way down waiting to turn into Fosse Park but go at about 40 blocking the whole road up. 

Bugs me a lot too. Sometimes they trundle along in the right lane and then DON'T turn into Fosse Park. Sometimes they trundle along in the right lane, don't turn into Fosse Park and then don't turn right at the subsequent roundabout.

These people, in my opinion, are all cvnts.

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 22:22, adam1 said:

I keep on being stuck behind this idiot when I am returning home from work.

I wonder if anyone else recognises the car - a blueish skoda. I see it at Ratby Lane at J21a between 17:45 and 18:00. They have come from either the M1 northbound or A46 southbound.

1) Cannot maintain sufficient speed on a road where the national speed limit applies. They are doing 30mph.

2) Approaching the roundabout to turn right onto Blood Hill (to head towards Kirby Muxloe) they straddle both lanes and do not indicate.

3) Again cannot maintain sufficient speed on a road where the national speed limit applies (Blood Hill into Kirby - and its down hill).

4) At the roundabout at the bottom of the hill they straddle the two lanes, fail to indicate and turn left.

5) Go through main street at below 20mph.

6) Reach the end of Main Street (t junction with Hedgerow Lane) they stop about 10 yeards from the junction and fail to indicate before turning left

If I had a dash cam I would send it to the police for inconsiderate driving. If its a matter of confidence - I'm sorry but they are a danger to themselves and others.

How about you leave work 10 mins later, get a bit more work done and avoid the dick in the Skoda? :yesyes:

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 23:16, Captain... said:

People driving in your blind spot on the motorway and matching your speed. 

It's these bloody smart motorways, half of them still being built up t'north for a hundred miles and no bugger knows which bit of stanchion has cameras on them so they all watch each other.

Try braking moderately under one on them and watch them panic.

People on rural two way roads, that seem to drive in a manner that assumes that nothing will be coming the other way, and act offended when my car has the temerity to exist, thus reminding them that they are in actual fact a bit of a c**t. Happens to me pretty much every day. 

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

People on rural two way roads, that seem to drive in a manner that assumes that nothing will be coming the other way, and act offended when my car has the temerity to exist, thus reminding them that they are in actual fact a bit of a c**t. Happens to me pretty much every day. 

I’m using that one down the pub tonight Peaky ...    “My car has the temerity to exist” ....    can’t wait to see their faces ! ...    :)

• Like 1