Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

4 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Seen a few videos of this now..absolute madness.

Should be made to retake or do a driving assessment at a certain age. I know 3 people who have been bit by someone in their 80s/90s. All 3 resulted in fatalities to the elderly drivers. 

People who can't turn left at a road junction without swerving into the oncoming lane. Sometimes in the smallest of cars. Notice it quite often and it beggars belief that these people have passed their driving exam having been unable to master this simple skill.

23 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Those dash cam videos are absolutely terrifying.

Cant imagine what it must have been like to have to react to that in a split second.

Fair play to those drivers in the dash cam vids ive seen, incredible reaction times and somehow managed to not take any other motorists out.

3 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

People who can't turn left at a road junction without swerving into the oncoming lane. Sometimes in the smallest of cars. Notice it quite often and it beggars belief that these people have passed their driving exam having been unable to master this simple skill.

They seem to think their Nissan Micra requires the same turning area as a 40 foot HGV. I have seen this so often, as have you and it seems to be mainly elderly women/women in general. Maybe their perception of size has been influenced by their partners?

Now autumn is here and the nights are drawing in, we once again find out those drivers who have their headlights set wrong, who don't know where their full beam off switch is, or just plainly don't realise the need for headlights. In a few weeks we'll also discover those who have no idea when to correctly use fog lights (when visibility is less than 100 metres, in case you didn't know), and who also, having turned them on unnecessarily, then fail to turn them off again the following day/when visibility is normal/at night. 

In anticipation of foggy November evenings, can I remind (some) people that SIDELIGHTS ARE INADEQUATE YOU OLD FOOL!! You don't get an extra charge on your electricity bill for using your fvcking headlights! :mad:

57 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Now autumn is here and the nights are drawing in, we once again find out those drivers who have their headlights set wrong, who don't know where their full beam off switch is, or just plainly don't realise the need for headlights. In a few weeks we'll also discover those who have no idea when to correctly use fog lights (when visibility is less than 100 metres, in case you didn't know), and who also, having turned them on unnecessarily, then fail to turn them off again the following day/when visibility is normal/at night. 

In anticipation of foggy November evenings, can I remind (some) people that SIDELIGHTS ARE INADEQUATE YOU OLD FOOL!! You don't get an extra charge on your electricity bill for using your fvcking headlights! :mad:

As a passenger I have on a couple of occasions told people, when driving in fog, to turn their lights on, to which the reply was that they could see fine. I think a lot of people think that this is why/when you should have your lights on in fog.

Which is wrong. If anything it might lessen what you can see because of reflected light. The reason for having your lights on is so OTHER people can see YOU.

For some reason, drivers of grey cars seem to understand this the least. Or maybe they just stand out more... or less.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Seen a few videos of this now..absolute madness.

I can't understand how this happened...I heard the Subaru did 5 miles down the M40? The driver would have know he made a mistake when he was on the slip road, but entered the Motorway anyway and then to speed up and just carry on...why not wait on the hard shoulder with hazards on? Just madness.

9 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I can't understand how this happened...I heard the Subaru did 5 miles down the M40? The driver would have know he made a mistake when he was on the slip road, but entered the Motorway anyway and then to speed up and just carry on...why not wait on the hard shoulder with hazards on? Just madness.

Apparently the vehicle had foreign plates? 

Maybe the driver was in what he thought was the left lane and maybe thought the oncoming traffic was overtaking into his lane?

I dunno but if they were 80+ year old foreigners they might have been confused and just carried on.

Should never have happened though.

10 hours ago, Parafox said:

It is quite something, on rural Derbyshire roads, in poor light or fog, seeing the dullest of cars without lights or using pathetically inadequate sidelights, with the driver apparently oblivious to the danger they are putting themselves in.

10 hours ago, Parafox said:

They should make automatic headlights standard on all cars and make it hard to turn them off.

How much does a light sensor cost? Not much. Instead, they're only included as a luxury to justify the higher cost of one model over another. It shouldn't be possible to drive a car without its lights on after dark.

Also, it should be compulsory for cars to be able to tell you if a bulb has blown/light isn't working. My shite old Astra had this, but my more recent motor doesn't. The number of cars I see with headlights out is crazy, and it's not as if there are any traffic coppers anymore to point this out to people

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Apparently the vehicle had foreign plates? 

Maybe the driver was in what he thought was the left lane and maybe thought the oncoming traffic was overtaking into his lane?

I dunno but if they were 80+ year old foreigners they might have been confused and just carried on.

Should never have happened though.

I guess we'll never know. Such a sad incident that was totally aviodable.

22 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

And the feckers that can't turn right without cutting across a least half of the other other lane! :mad:

The return of "a little bit of fog" is accompanied by the return of three types of driver.

1 - The driver who switches on every light possible (including those red fogs at the back!) even when it is not necessary to do so. 

2 - The driver who decides not to use any lights at all.

3 - The driver who drives at a steady but slow 15-25 mph due to what they must consider inclement weather conditions accompanied by what they consider to be poor visibility, neither of which is true.

Met all three this morning within the first 5 minutes of driving on the road.  lol

7 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The return of "a little bit of fog" is accompanied by the return of three types of driver.

1 - The driver who switches on every light possible (including those red fogs at the back!) even when it is not necessary to do so. 

3 - The driver who drives at a steady but slow 15-25 mph due to what they must consider inclement weather conditions accompanied by what they consider to be poor visibility, neither of which is true.

Met all three this morning within the first 5 minutes of driving on the road.  lol

Fookin morons ....   should be covered as part of the driving test ...  

3 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I gave those doing 1 the benefit of the doubt today. The fog was that patchy it was going from 5m visibility, to 200m, back to 5m, then totally clear and back to 5m in the space of about a mile.