Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jon the Hat

2015 Election season ..........stuff it in here.

'Political virgin, Vote Nicola Sturgeon'

'More Job Centre calls?, step forward Ed Balls'

'For neighbours with tans, vote Ed Miliband" :ph34r:

love your avitar.One of the best I have seen world wide, from soccer sites, competes against the blueeyed fox.

Not my work, I stole it from JJSJ, good work though.

Source?

Actually there is an article in the Mail and The BBC News about a woman who suffered mental illness and had an heart attack after her benefits were stopped when he stressed out because of the worry. She was sent a letter asking what she was doing to find work whilst lying in a hospital bed in a coma.

Unfortunately the Mail is 1o months too late with the story as I saw it back in Janurary and I believe I may have posted it and received the usual responses 'untrue, trouble makers, loony left, never happened, admin error' amongst others so I see no reason why I should search for stories if people debunk them because the story does not fit in with their way of thinking.

The Google search is quite good for finding stories not always seen in the mainstream media. You just have to be open minded when searching.

Google woman in coma asked to work then take your choice on which one of the links to believe.

Lord Freud certainly said something out loud that probably should have stayed in his head!  If only we had a name for such a slip...

Showing again, how conservatives think towards its poorer or disabled citizens.

FFS 2014, and we have morans, even voted in has Lords.Freud would have been at home in

Germany 1936-45.Forget the out of context, its the thinking behind it.

Its not the first time he has opened his mouth and spoken through his arse.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/lord-freud-past-gaffes-on-welfare-food-banks-and-bedroom-tax-revealed-9797082.html

It amazes me how many people are mock outraged at this poorly worded comment.  On one hand we want our polticians to be of the people, not some polished PR person, the next thing you know we will jump on someone who doesn't present their ideas perfectly in answering an off the cuff question in an informal setting at the party conference.  Next up recordings of pissed up politicians telling bad jokes.

My brother was asked to run for a place as a party member of a party. He declined when told that it was allowed for politicians to tell porkys if it is in conjunction with their job or working hours. There may well be some whose intention at the start were genuine but for a lot the old saying fits 'Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. (apologies if the quote is not spot on)

I suppose the reality is politicians cannot always do what is morally right and they cannot please everyone.

My brother was asked to run for a place as a party member of a party. He declined when told that it was allowed for politicians to tell porkys if it is in conjunction with their job or working hours. There may well be some whose intention at the start were genuine but for a lot the old saying fits 'Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. (apologies if the quote is not spot on)

I suppose the reality is politicians cannot always do what is morally right and they cannot please everyone.

This just isn't true is it Ken?

A lot of politicians are actually pretty good people who do a lot of good work, I found out a few months back that of the the £1,000 allowance my local councillor gets he puts every penny back into the community and it's all accounted for in the local village rag.

The people I find who often moan about them the most are the ones who have never tried to make contact with their local MP.

You would be mad to go into politics if you didnt genuinely want to help people and your country.  People see the disconnect when people treat it as an intellectual excercise and dont worry about the details.  You need all types of people yet we seem to judge them as if they are a single type and there is such as thing as the perfect politician.

This just isn't true is it Ken?

A lot of politicians are actually pretty good people who do a lot of good work, I found out a few months back that of the the £1,000 allowance my local councillor gets he puts every penny back into the community and it's all accounted for in the local village rag.

The people I find who often moan about them the most are the ones who have never tried to make contact with their local MP.

Not saying all are like it. My MP has the best attendance record for Parliament. Then there are MP's who hardly ever visit their constituencies. I have known of MP's that do not answer letters or send a bog standard reply.

And that is true. It may not be widely publicised though for obvious reasons. I think it is more white lies than complete full on fibs. It was a few months ago when I was told. I will ask him to put it in writing so I can quote exactly. I do not lie.

Archived