Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

On 05/12/2018 at 12:01, Wakeyfox said:

I've been there 3 times in the last 18 months, love it there. Really cheap, great beaches and snorkelling and generally really good people. 

Where are you staying?

Sinbad Club :ph34r:. As long as it’s warm, nice food, I’m happy. I’ve been told that the evenings can cool off considerably. Anyone been there over Christmas/New year ? 

14 minutes ago, Raj said:

Alghero Sardinia anyone???

Decent for a weekend break. Lovely old town with plenty of good restaurants and bars. Little marina and beach area but much better beaches up in the north of the island..Very close to the airport as well so you dont necessarily need a car. 

1 hour ago, The soup nazi said:

Decent for a weekend break. Lovely old town with plenty of good restaurants and bars. Little marina and beach area but much better beaches up in the north of the island..Very close to the airport as well so you dont necessarily need a car. 

Thank you. Was looking at a week in Easter with the family. 2 kids aged 6 and 10??? Still be okay you reckon?.Like abit of culture As well as chilling.

19 hours ago, Raj said:

Thank you. Was looking at a week in Easter with the family. 2 kids aged 6 and 10??? Still be okay you reckon?.Like abit of culture As well as chilling.

Like most places in Sardinia the towns aren't very big. You could spend a week but when I've been I'd  spend a few nights in different places. Although out of season some of the coastal town's were very quite and not everything was open, but Alghero is always pretty busy. Out of all the Italian cites I've done it lacks the history of some of the others but is very nice all the same. 

Weather wise at easter Italy isn't as warm as say Spain or Portugal..Even the southern regions can be cold that time of year..

• Thanks 1

Due to work commitments we struggle to get away during July-September, but are close to booking Malta for next year (travelling very end of September/first week of October), has anyone been to Malta early Autumn? Just wondering how people found the weather? Is it still warm enough?

3 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

Due to work commitments we struggle to get away during July-September, but are close to booking Malta for next year (travelling very end of September/first week of October), has anyone been to Malta early Autumn? Just wondering how people found the weather? Is it still warm enough?

Malta is my favourite place in the world ? I've been many times in November and it's still very warm, so September and October will be lovely. We went at the beginning of November this year and it was still high twenties during the day, bikini and sunbathing weather, and still short sleeves in the evening. 

Whereabouts are you planning on staying? Are you planning to hire a car? If you want any recommendations of places to see or things to do give me a shout ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Malta is my favourite place in the world ? I've been many times in November and it's still very warm, so September and October will be lovely. We went at the beginning of November this year and it was still high twenties during the day, bikini and sunbathing weather, and still short sleeves in the evening. 

Whereabouts are you planning on staying? Are you planning to hire a car? If you want any recommendations of places to see or things to do give me a shout ?

That sounds reassuring! We don't expect or need 30+ heat but mid twenties would be ideal and it sounds like we would probably be ok then for that sort of temperature.

As for where in Malta, we've not decided just yet. In my opinion Mellieha looks lovely, albeit quiet, but Malta seems small enough to be able to explore easy enough anyway. We're not a fan of massively built up tourist hot spots, and in terms of nightlife we don't need clubs etc but equally we want enough restaurants/bars to have a nice meal and a few drinks on an evening. Any recommendations would be gratefully received! :) 

Edited by rn9013

20 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

That sounds reassuring! We don't expect or need 30+ heat but mid twenties would be ideal and it sounds like we would probably be ok then for that sort of temperature.

As for where in Malta, we've not decided just yet. In my opinion Mellieha looks lovely, albeit quiet, but Malta seems small enough to be able to explore easy enough anyway. We're not a fan of massively built up tourist hot spots, and in terms of nightlife we don't need clubs etc but equally we want enough restaurants/bars to have a nice meal and a few drinks on an evening. Any recommendations would be gratefully received! :) 

Mellieha is lovely, small and quiet but a few decent bars and restaurants, and a supermarket. It also has one of the only sandy beaches on the island. 

If you hire a car I recommend you book through Zest and not directly with any of the big companies, there have been lots of horror stories regarding the big names on Malta, but I've never had a problem using Zest. It's really cheap and easy to use the buses though, they're new and reliable, and you can go anywhere on the island for a couple of euros, but be aware they'll be incredibly packed. 

I'll drop you a PM later when I have more time with some other bits and pieces of info ?

• Thanks 1

This summer the lads are thinking of doing Munich to Florence like this.

Munich,

Salzburg - my mate has already been several times so would prefer somewhere else on the way to Ljubljana if anyone has any suggestions?

Ljubljana,

Trieste,

Venice,

Rimini,

Florence

Any thoughts on that? Anywhere you'd miss out? I've only been to Florence out of the lot and it's one of my favourite places.

We want a mix of partying and culture.

12 hours ago, ousefox said:

Munich,

Salzburg - my mate has already been several times so would prefer somewhere else on the way to Ljubljana if anyone has any suggestions?

Ljubljana,

Trieste,

Venice,

Rimini,

Florence

Any thoughts on that? Anywhere you'd miss out? I've only been to Florence out of the lot and it's one of my favourite places.

You really mean... traditional debauchery.:jump:

• Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 23:24, ousefox said:

Munich,

Ljubljana,

Trieste,

Venice,

Rimini,

Florence

Sounds good. I've spent a lot of time in Trieste and Venice so I can send you some recommendations. Ljubljana is a great city and a great base for some stunning scenery. Rimini is good fun and also has a surprising amount of historic art and architecture to see, plus it's close to Ravenna which is worth visiting. There are some beautiful places between Rimini and Florence too where Emilia Romagna meets Tuscany. Quite an underexplored region.

• Like 1

On 17/12/2018 at 18:38, walkerleeds said:

Two years too late but booked a weekend away to Porto in March. Any tips? 

Don't go to boavistas ground. It looks like a car park and has **** all there. 

Do find Guindalense Football Club the views of the river and bridge are worth it.