Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

48 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Nothing too glamorous but going to Gibraltar next week. Just be nice to get away as I'm really stressed at the moment

Make sure you take some smoke bombs to throw at the Spanish border guards 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wrighty22 said:

Looking to go Cyprus in June to see my friend in the army but the flights are at horrible times. 

If you are going Protaras/ Ayia Napa area try Monarch.

I go Cyprus nearly every summer and I always fly with them. They do flights out of Birmingham first thing Sunday morning and return around 5pm the following week. 

17 hours ago, Filbert_Ross said:

Going Dubrovnik next month, any hidden gems I should know about?

There has been plenty of advice given on Dubrovnik in this thread, I recommend using the search function to search for advice.  Tripe knows his stuff so do drop him a PM and hope he is feeling generous! :) 

1 hour ago, The Blur said:

There has been plenty of advice given on Dubrovnik in this thread, I recommend using the search function to search for advice.  Tripe knows his stuff so do drop him a PM and hope he is feeling generous! :) 

Nice one. Cheers for that. Will have a browse later. 

Not exactly a holiday but I've been in Poland since Saturday with the cycling team I'm working with. Poznan on Saturday and Grudziadz Sunday until tomorrow, been pleasantly surprised by the country as a whole. We are shipping the riders back on a flight and then the staff are heading for Hannover which should be a decent night after a long week.

1 hour ago, Watson said:

Just booked Croatia next month too - making our way from Dubrovnik to Pula over 15 days. I'll need to have a read through this thread to work out where to go.

Good length of time to get to some off the beaten track places, not only on the coast. The interior is really beautiful and interesting culturally. Try to get to some Islands near rijeka especially cres which is quite verdant and wild.

• Like 1

So, being a tad strapped for cash at the moment (single dad paying big chunks of maintenance), does anybody know of any British gems that would be good for me and a 13 year old daughter and don't break the bank? Otherwise it'll be a choice between Butlins or nothing (again). 

2 hours ago, toddybad said:

So, being a tad strapped for cash at the moment (single dad paying big chunks of maintenance), does anybody know of any British gems that would be good for me and a 13 year old daughter and don't break the bank? Otherwise it'll be a choice between Butlins or nothing (again). 

You could try renting a static holiday home near a lake or beach or forest?  

21 hours ago, toddybad said:

I went to Isle of Wight lot as a child, you could take your daughter to likes of Needles,  Robin Hill, Sandown, Dinosaur museum that name escape me and some beaches.  Since I was a kid back then, I am not sure how pricey it is though.

If your daughter likes nature then Robin Hood Bay is a great shout.  It is also near to Whitby and Scarborough (tacky though but has a small funfair and arcades for your daughter?) as well countless museums and cool landscapes for walks.

50 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Not glamorous but managed to save to book an autistic friendly hotel for a week at skeggy.

Just broke the news and my wife and boy are bouncing off the walls. I feel like a real dad for the first time providing something positive to my family to look forward to.

Nothing wrong with that mate, something for you and the family to look forward to.

On 07/03/2017 at 20:47, LcFc_Smiv said:

We were based in Cavtat which was about a 25-30min sea taxi trip between Cavtat itself and Dubrovnik old town. A lovely little fishing village with some incredible restaurants, we found it slightly cheaper than Dubrovnik and far more relaxing in the evening.

Dubrovnik was lovely in May, it was hot in the day but not at the temperatures where you don't feel like you can't do anything. I think the hottest day we had there was one of days walking around Dubrovnik old town, we spent some time at the hole in the wall bar, a few cool drinks and the sea breeze did the job. On the opposite side of the old town is an exit from the old town itself that looks straight at the cable cars, as you come out of the exit theres a small car park to the right, at the back is a small pizzeria which served quality food and drink at very cheap prices for that part of town, a quick google maps search and I believe it's called Pizzeria Tabasco. 

Have a good time!

Added that Pizza place to my notes on my phone for my trip next month. 

Pizzas look good on the website. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, broughtonblue said:

Booked to go to Denis private island (seychelles) in August for 11 nights to get married . Then stopping in Dubai on way home for 4 nights

Sounds horrible mate, hope you survive.

ive just checked it out and I really think you shouldn't go. It's infested with crabs and you may get eaten by a shark or worst of all you are getting married.

I'll take one for the team mate don't worry.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2017 at 21:20, Great Boos Up said:

Not glamorous but managed to save to book an autistic friendly hotel for a week at skeggy.

Just broke the news and my wife and boy are bouncing off the walls. I feel like a real dad for the first time providing something positive to my family to look forward to.

Nice one Boosy ! ...       :thumbup:

Been back to to that Hidden River Cabins place north of Carlisle for a few days and again had a fantastic time. Fully recommend it if you want somewhere to relax with no access to your phone and like walks etc.

Off to Dubrovnik tomorrow and almost wish I had just stayed up there for another 4 nights instead but I'm sure il enjoy it.

On 05/05/2017 at 07:34, Filbert_Ross said:

Added that Pizza place to my notes on my phone for my trip next month. 

Pizzas look good on the website. 

I recommend downloading maps.me app.  You can then pin locations on the app so you can end up with assorted pins of tourist attractions or restaurants that you want to visit.  It is also able to work without data (you just need to download the country you are visiting beforehand)  so you can use it to navigate around as well.  

Edited by The Blur