Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

1 hour ago, boots60 said:

Booked a week in Pyongyang next month. I fancy it but Mrs Boots reckons there's trouble brewing & fancies Cromer instead. Thing is, I'm not keen on the idea of getting the shit kicked out of me by a gang of pikeys. 

Advice please.

Divorce, next.

4 hours ago, Christoph said:

Rooms look awesome - Great way to do Bali as well.

You'll have a blast, its a beautiful part of the world

6 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Considering Cape Town for a week in January, Any tips?

The restaurants around the V&A waterfront are fantastic. 

Castle lager is ridiculously cheap and quite a nice pint. 

The beach down at Camps Bay is great opposite a load of bars & restaurants. 

Table mountain is overrated but one of them things you just have to do whilst you are there visiting.

7 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

The restaurants around the V&A waterfront are fantastic. 

Castle lager is ridiculously cheap and quite a nice pint. 

The beach down at Camps Bay is great opposite a load of bars & restaurants. 

Table mountain is overrated but one of them things you just have to do whilst you are there visiting.

Cheers, Really tempted to get it booked. Looks great.

Going Disneyland Paris for the second time this year but this time with my girlfriend. Booked it as a surprise 3 days away & we don't go until October. 

Trying hard not to let the secret out but every Monday she wants a bloody clue as to where we are going. 

I'm absolutely rubbish with stuff like that without giving away the destination :sweating:

On 8/7/2017 at 18:50, Voll Blau said:

Booked next month to fly to Budapest on a Monday and back from Vienna on Saturday. Planning to take in Bratislava in between and go between all 3 by train.

How many days would people recommend in each and the main things to do/see?

Off next week. Monday to Wednesday in Budapest. rail to Vienna Wednesday afternoon then there till Saturday with a day in Bratislava probably on Friday.

Any more recommendations?

Edited by Voll Blau

59 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Going to Salou on Sunday, we'll probably have a day in Barcelona. Has anyone ever travelled there from Salou on public transport?

Yes (though it was many years ago), there is a rail connection.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

Orlando next august, 4th time

Well jel :cry:

We got back from our 3rd year in a row last month and the kids are desperate to go back for a 4th time next year.

Just can't afford it again :(

@Webbo

When I sat and thought about it, it was actually going on forty years ago that I caught the train from Salou to Barca, so I checked on Google Earth - there still is a railway station there.

What amazed me is how big Salou has become; I spent a month or so there helping  to construct a campsite, and it was little more than a village. Cambrills, which now appears to be joined to Salou, was a tiny, unspoilt fishing village.

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

@Webbo

When I sat and thought about it, it was actually going on forty years ago that I caught the train from Salou to Barca, so I checked on Google Earth - there still is a railway station there.

What amazed me is how big Salou has become; I spent a month or so there helping  to construct a campsite, and it was little more than a village. Cambrills, which now appears to be joined to Salou, was a tiny, unspoilt fishing village.

We went there 10 or 15 years ago and we went on a bus trip to Barcelona with a guided tour. I just fancied doing it a little differently this time. Seemed to be a popular place with Russians last time we were there. They had street signs in Cyrillic script.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

We went there 10 or 15 years ago and we went on a bus trip to Barcelona with a guided tour. I just fancied doing it a little differently this time. Seemed to be a popular place with Russians last time we were there. They had street signs in Cyrillic script.

The times they are a changin'. :(

I've no idea what services are like now, there's probably an express train, but back then the train would stop at every tiny village that it passed through, which is great as long as you're not in a hurry.

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Well jel :cry:

We got back from our 3rd year in a row last month and the kids are desperate to go back for a 4th time next year.

Just can't afford it again :(

We go every 3 or 4 years.  Kids are abit older now, so not so much into Disney but more into universal.

Not cheap though!!

17 hours ago, Webbo said:

Going to Salou on Sunday, we'll probably have a day in Barcelona. Has anyone ever travelled there from Salou on public transport?

I've done Valencia to Barca a few times and it's the same train you'll get from Salou. Probably just over an hour I reckon to do Barca from there. Decent train but not the fast one but as you're on the coast it's a pleasant trip. It' stops twice in the city and the 2nd stop is about a 10 minute walk from the botttom of La Rambla. 

• Like 1