Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Recommended Posts

First ever time flying on Monday and to make it worse it’s on my own lol 

 

Really nervous as I keep thinking I’ll forget something or won’t bring the correct stuff to get on the plane :blush:lol 

 

Trying to read tips on the internet and I think as long as I take my passport and have the flight reference on my phone I’ll be okay...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

First ever time flying on Monday and to make it worse it’s on my own lol 

 

Really nervous as I keep thinking I’ll forget something or won’t bring the correct stuff to get on the plane :blush:lol 

 

Trying to read tips on the internet and I think as long as I take my passport and have the flight reference on my phone I’ll be okay...

Where are you flying to? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Where are you flying to? 

Menorca, meeting family over there for a weeks holiday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Menorca, meeting family over there for a weeks holiday.

Enjoy it, pal. 

 

I think most people are over cool with flying and lose the wonder. 

 

I'm still buzzed every time I fly. Thrilling stuff along the runway and then - as I'm a bit of a geography geek - I enjoy watching out the window over coastline, mountains and cities

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Menorca, meeting family over there for a weeks holiday.

Nice, you will be alright. Arrive a few hours early if you are worried so you can just chill out when you get there. Print/ download your boarding pass and you will be fine.

 

Security is a pain in the arse and you won’t be able to take liquids bigger than 100ml in your hand luggage otherwise you will have to throw them away so bear that in mind. You will need to put all of them in a small clear plastic bag but you get them when you are there.

 

If you are worried about the actual flight download a film or two, make sure your music is downloaded and you will be fine.

 

Enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The actual flying I’m not fussed about at all. It’s more the thinking have I got the correct stuff to get on the plane.

 

I tried checking in online to make it easier but apparently I have to check in at the airport. I assume you just give them the flight reference number and your name/passport and they’ll give you the boarding pass at the gate and then that’s when you go to security. Here’s hoping :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Menorca, meeting family over there for a weeks holiday.

Whereabouts in Menorca? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

The actual flying I’m not fussed about at all. It’s more the thinking have I got the correct stuff to get on the plane.

 

I tried checking in online to make it easier but apparently I have to check in at the airport. I assume you just give them the flight reference number and your name/passport and they’ll give you the boarding pass at the gate and then that’s when you go to security. Here’s hoping :) 

Yeah, hand over your passport and then they print it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

The actual flying I’m not fussed about at all. It’s more the thinking have I got the correct stuff to get on the plane.

 

I tried checking in online to make it easier but apparently I have to check in at the airport. I assume you just give them the flight reference number and your name/passport and they’ll give you the boarding pass at the gate and then that’s when you go to security. Here’s hoping :) 

Are you checking in a big suitcase, or just taking hand luggage into the cabin with you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Are you checking in a big suitcase, or just taking hand luggage into the cabin with you? 

Just hand luggage as it’s just for my self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

Fornells

Nice. The seafood dish Caldereta is amazing if you're in to that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/07/2019 at 09:06, LCFC FOX said:

Just hand luggage as it’s just for my self

Who with as you might need to check in online?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ousefox said:

Who with as you might need to check in online?

Jet2. I want to check in online but when I go to check in online it states all passengers must check in at the airport. Don’t know why but that’s what it says... so I’ll just check in and hopefully get my boarding pass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Jet2. I want to check in online but when I go to check in online it states all passengers must check in at the airport. Don’t know why but that’s what it says... so I’ll just check in and hopefully get my boarding pass

That seems unusual but I haven't flown with them for a year or so. Should be fine if that's what it says!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

Jet2. I want to check in online but when I go to check in online it states all passengers must check in at the airport. Don’t know why but that’s what it says... so I’ll just check in and hopefully get my boarding pass

That's odd, Jet2 definitely let you check in online as long as it's 28 days or fewer before you fly. Have you tried through the app? It seems a shame to have to queue with everyone checking in luggage when you don't have to 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buce said:

Wow that looks pretty horrific, thankfully im not flying to Cairo, i fly from Birmingham to Hurgharda. 

 

Didnt like reading the part

 

The UK Foreign Office on Friday updated its advice for Britons travelling to Egypt.

The advice includes the warning: "There's a heightened risk of terrorism against aviation. Additional security measures are in place for flights departing from Egypt to the UK."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

That's odd, Jet2 definitely let you check in online as long as it's 28 days or fewer before you fly. Have you tried through the app? It seems a shame to have to queue with everyone checking in luggage when you don't have to 

I’ve rang them and confirmed. It’s because all normal seats have been reserved 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

I’ve rang them and confirmed. It’s because all normal seats have been reserved 

That could mean you get an extra leg room seat for free then, bonus ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/07/2019 at 20:40, Suzie the Fox said:

I fly from Birmingham to Hurgharda. 

Went to Hurghada in February. Stayed in an all inclusive, didn't venture out of the resort as it had everything I needed. Really enjoyed it. Staff very attentive. Hope you have a good time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at a Driving holiday throughout New Zealand... but geebus, enough with the "Lord of the Rings crap" people!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Looking at a Driving holiday throughout New Zealand... but geebus, enough with the "Lord of the Rings crap" people!

 

These do some great motorhome deals, mate, and they have a sale on atm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...