Jump to content
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, LCFCtotheprem said:

Booked my all inclusive to turkey for Sunday about 2 hours ago then this happens :thumbdown:

Anyone know how easy it is to get refunds from Jet2?

They were pretty good with us. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LCFCtotheprem said:

Booked my all inclusive to turkey for Sunday about 2 hours ago then this happens :thumbdown:

Anyone know how easy it is to get refunds from Jet2?

Mate I was due to fly on Sunday to turkey with them as well. Roll on Greece

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LCFCtotheprem said:

Booked my all inclusive to turkey for Sunday about 2 hours ago then this happens :thumbdown:

Anyone know how easy it is to get refunds from Jet2?

Someone I know was due to fly out to Turkey in a few hours, it's just been cancelled by Jet2! They've told him he'll get a full refund and I've heard of others getting money pretty swiftly from them, so I wouldn't worrry too much.

 

I've written everything off until March/April next year, will look at holidays again then, can't be arsed with all the worrying, cancelling and rescheduling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Someone I know was due to fly out to Turkey in a few hours, it's just been cancelled by Jet2! They've told him he'll get a full refund and I've heard of others getting money pretty swiftly from them, so I wouldn't worrry too much.

 

I've written everything off until March/April next year, will look at holidays again then, can't be arsed with all the worrying, cancelling and rescheduling.

Yeah got a text saying they will refund within 28 days. 
I’m not going to rebook anywhere now, feel like most places will be put on the list next week anyway

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/08/2020 at 11:10, Wolfox said:

For a lunchtime treat try fat teds…. A little shack that does amazingly tasty street food…. Was there a couple of weeks ago and it was entirely delicious!  Pop down to the sea wall and sit down and eat 

 

On 15/08/2020 at 20:27, EastAnglianFox said:

 

Yes, Fat Ted's is incredible, so much so it's one of the food trucks that we have chosen to be at our wedding next year, really really good food. 

 

This was an absolutely belting recommendation. Chicken wrap was out of this world.

 

Also, if anyone else on here is the guy in Sheringham today wearing a Leicester shirt I'm the bloke who shouted "Up The City!" earlier. Saw a bloke with an LCFC pinny too, good to see we still always represent in numbers in this part of the world. :D

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

 

 

This was an absolutely belting recommendation. Chicken wrap was out of this world.

 

That’s great…. Really pleased you enjoyed it 👍🏼 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/09/2020 at 13:20, Nalis said:

Meant to be going to Edinburgh in a week and a half but their covid figures are similar to Glasgow when they locked down. And Edinburgh figures are rising.... cant see there not being a local lockdown meaning no trip as I'm meeting another household in pubs / restaurants.

 

Whats worse is that I've passed the deadline for changing my flights for free.

 

Keep fingers crossed but not too hopeful.

Come on Nicola, please dont force unneccesary additional restrictions in Scotland until Monday please. I selfishly want my weekend to go ahead! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone flown within the UK where one place is effectively lockdown?

 

Have flights from Edinburgh to Gatwick from Easyjet on Sunday but I'm not sure whether I should swallow the fee to change flights now or take a risk and wait for them to cancel them on me?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kandersteg Side valley....

Hot-chocolat with schnaps,just to get started, then Another cos my Wife is driving...:yahoo:

Tomorrow we leave my daughters Swiss residence,to visit my wife's sister in the "Schwarzwald"....Gateau mit Schuss,after a tasty Dry  Speck & wurst board.

God... what did I do right to deserve this.....!!!  :celebrate:

 

IMG_20201007_123745203.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Should have been heading to New York and Vegas for our 20th anniversary this November. Obviously won’t be now

looking for inspiration for a night away in UK. Can’t think of much I feel comfortable doing though! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, FLAN said:

Should have been heading to New York and Vegas for our 20th anniversary this November. Obviously won’t be now

looking for inspiration for a night away in UK. Can’t think of much I feel comfortable doing though! 

Coventry or Nuneaton, those places make me feel better about myself

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

After New York, Malaysia/Thailand and Turkey have all been cancelled this year, finally managed to touch down in another country.

 

In Greece for 7 nights and despite the initial worry that we’d be tested for covid and potentially whisked off to a quarantine hotel to isolate, it has all worked out. 
 

Can finally chill out.

Did you get tested mate? I’m sacking Athens off as worried about this, can see them wanting to **** football fans over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Coventry or Nuneaton, those places make me feel better about myself

Me too. Its not very often I feel fashionable. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Did you get tested mate? I’m sacking Athens off as worried about this, can see them wanting to **** football fans over.

No mate, it was a bit sneaky of me really. I reckon I would have at Athens though. 

 

Basically you fill out this entry form online before you go and you get given a QR Code, based on all your data. Having looked at TripAdvisor before we went, it turns out codes starting with an even number don’t get tested and numbers beginnint with odd do. You can add people onto your form, so me and my girlfriend both filled out separate ones. She got a 4 and I got a 7, so we just went through on hers and got waved through lol 

 


 

 

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/10/2020 at 16:51, fuchsntf said:

Kandersteg Side valley....

Hot-chocolat with schnaps,just to get started, then Another cos my Wife is driving...:yahoo:

Tomorrow we leave my daughters Swiss residence,to visit my wife's sister in the "Schwarzwald"....Gateau mit Schuss,after a tasty Dry  Speck & wurst board.

God... what did I do right to deserve this.....!!!  :celebrate:

 

IMG_20201007_123745203.jpg

I went on a walking/youth hostelling holiday in the Scwarzwald in 1972.  Enjoyed it very much.  Did make the mistake of planning the route in advance without taking too much notice of the terrain though - I particularly remember a 40km hike which would have been fine on flat trails.  Did the last 10km with the help of a bottle of Jagermeister.......

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

No mate, it was a bit sneaky of me really. I reckon I would have at Athens though. 

 

Basically you fill out this entry form online before you go and you get given a QR Code, based on all your data. Having looked at TripAdvisor before we went, it turns out codes starting with an even number don’t get tested and numbers beginnint with odd do. You can add people onto your form, so me and my girlfriend both filled out separate ones. She got a 4 and I got a 7, so we just went through on hers and got waved through lol 

 


 

 

Hahahah mate that’s the exact post that made me do an about turn on Athens, guaranteed a bunch of pissed up football fans all get an odd number, **** that 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

I went on a walking/youth hostelling holiday in the Scwarzwald in 1972.  Enjoyed it very much.  Did make the mistake of planning the route in advance without taking too much notice of the terrain though - I particularly remember a 40km hike which would have been fine on flat trails.  Did the last 10km with the help of a bottle of Jagermeister.......

Ahh Jägermeister the scourge of generations of youth...Often Keeping them on the straight & Narrow of those Selling Winding Drop-off  trails..:P

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...