Jump to content
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Recommended Posts

On 02/10/2020 at 05:47, LCFCtotheprem said:

Yeah got a text saying they will refund within 28 days. 
I’m not going to rebook anywhere now, feel like most places will be put on the list next week anyway

FYI, I recently received my refund from Jet2 it actually took longer than 28days was closer to 50 depending on which mail you take as the start date as i got a mail on the 17th Aug to say refund process started then another on the 1st Sep? with the refund coming through on the 7th Oct although either date is longer than 28days.
The person that i was travelling with hasn't received their refund as yet & we cancelled at the same time so got the same mails 17th Aug & 1st Sep, i guess its just taking its time to filter through to them, so i wouldn't expect it within 28days but it will turn up eventually.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

After New York, Malaysia/Thailand and Turkey have all been cancelled this year, finally managed to touch down in another country.

 

In Greece for 7 nights and despite the initial worry that we’d be tested for covid and potentially whisked off to a quarantine hotel to isolate, it has all worked out. 
 

Can finally chill out.

Where abouts are you Ronnie?  Worth a visit? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Vince Vega said:

Where abouts are you Ronnie?  Worth a visit? 

In Kos mate. the hotel is wonderful, but beach isn’t great. I see they’ve added a load of islands back on, so there’s more choice now too. (Assuming UK & Greece don’t go on each others blacklists).

 

The place we were meant to be going to in Turkey looked a little nicer but we’re just happy to be away and in the sun.
 

26 degrees today too!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

In Kos mate. the hotel is wonderful, but beach isn’t great. I see they’ve added a load of islands back on, so there’s more choice now too. (Assuming UK & Greece don’t go on each others blacklists).

 

The place we were meant to be going to in Turkey looked a little nicer but we’re just happy to be away and in the sun.
 

26 degrees today too!

Where abouts? Kardamena?  Been to Kos a few times.  Lovely island, but it got disadvantaged with the migrant crisis a few years ago. Had some good times there.  Enjoy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

In Kos mate. the hotel is wonderful, but beach isn’t great. I see they’ve added a load of islands back on, so there’s more choice now too. (Assuming UK & Greece don’t go on each others blacklists).

 

The place we were meant to be going to in Turkey looked a little nicer but we’re just happy to be away and in the sun.
 

26 degrees today too!

Any photos..to get our feet a itching....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Back home ,Woellstein, After a 14 day break visting my Daughter & hubby in Bern-oberland Switzerland.

Spectacular wheelchair accessible wander-routes...Winding through Waterfalls & snow-clad peaks.

Vacation-lodges, or Appart-hotels reasonable priced. Lifts Gondels expensive, site-seeing & Beer &  food can be on the high side....

3000 new & old  Local Breweries..

Though there is much that one can Undertake in the nature,without dishing out the dosh......

People helpfull & friendly,but the Oberland  Deep Valley Swiss-German dialect....Might as well be in the  lost Jungles of S.America.:o

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Hahahah mate that’s the exact post that made me do an about turn on Athens, guaranteed a bunch of pissed up football fans all get an odd number, **** that 

Well Ryanair have cancelled my flight so that’s a bonus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vince Vega said:

Where abouts? Kardamena?  Been to Kos a few times.  Lovely island, but it got disadvantaged with the migrant crisis a few years ago. Had some good times there.  Enjoy!

Paridisi I think it’s called. Not much round the hotel, but Kos centre isn’t far away!
 

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Any photos..to get our feet a itching....

Haha I haven’t taken any good ones, just these so far lol 
 

 

AF5B5665-630C-4F46-AADF-96FCC4100D7A.jpeg

780608A0-8E4E-4FF1-8A34-F0CC53597D1D.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely love kos, used to go every year with family sometimes twice, as a child. Havent been for a few years but I really want to go back. My mum went twice in the past few months. We always stay in a lovely little village called Mastihari, everyone there knows us, never really stayed anywhere else but always explore the island. My mum went for the first time nearly 40cyears ago, to the same village, for myself it was almost like a second home growing up. Shame I don't know what anything is officially called there, as "Peacock Forest" and "Tortoise Mountain" are brilliant spots.

Edited by Kopic
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BKLFox said:

FYI, I recently received my refund from Jet2 it actually took longer than 28days was closer to 50 depending on which mail you take as the start date as i got a mail on the 17th Aug to say refund process started then another on the 1st Sep? with the refund coming through on the 7th Oct although either date is longer than 28days.
The person that i was travelling with hasn't received their refund as yet & we cancelled at the same time so got the same mails 17th Aug & 1st Sep, i guess its just taking its time to filter through to them, so i wouldn't expect it within 28days but it will turn up eventually.

They obviously aren’t very consistent with the refunds then, I got mine refunded 5 days after the trip was cancelled ;)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back from Santorini.

 

I'm a lucky bugger in that the need to quarantine was removed on Thursday night, just as I started to dread 2 weeks of isolation.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Just got back from Santorini.

 

I'm a lucky bugger in that the need to quarantine was removed on Thursday night, just as I started to dread 2 weeks of isolation.

Is it as beautiful as it looks? I've never been but it's on my wish list. I'm guessing it was probably pretty quiet? A good thing or not, depending on what you're looking for..!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The planned weekend in Portugal had to be cancelled, I realised that we would need to be quarantining on our wedding day so obviously a no go! We changed the flights no problem though, so we're off to sunny Spain this weekend on a mini honeymoon, hoping to go to Malta in November for longer if we can. The weather looks ok, and the hotel looks fab, but if anyone has any recommendations for Alicante town places to eat and/or drink I'm all ears :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Is it as beautiful as it looks? I've never been but it's on my wish list. I'm guessing it was probably pretty quiet? A good thing or not, depending on what you're looking for..!

It's breathtaking, didn't get bored of the views all week!

 

We stayed in Imerovigli which is much quieter than Oia, which is both more expensive and more of an Instagram hotspot. Having visited Oia I came to the conclusion that I preferred Imerovigli as it feels less spoiled by tourism. It's not as though Oia is exactly bustling with bars and a vibrant atmosphere. To me it just seemed like there were more people and more shops selling tat, so better to go to Imerovigli and do a quiet, relaxing holiday properly and on a 'lower' budget! 

 

There weren't really any bars anywhere. Obviously the season is winding down now but surely a result of the ongoing global situation, it was really eerie how many pools lay empty and villas and hotels boarded up.

 

 

IMG_20201010_145626.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

It's breathtaking, didn't get bored of the views all week!

 

We stayed in Imerovigli which is much quieter than Oia, which is both more expensive and more of an Instagram hotspot. Having visited Oia I came to the conclusion that I preferred Imerovigli as it feels less spoiled by tourism. It's not as though Oia is exactly bustling with bars and a vibrant atmosphere. To me it just seemed like there were more people and more shops selling tat, so better to go to Imerovigli and do a quiet, relaxing holiday properly and on a 'lower' budget! 

 

There weren't really any bars anywhere. Obviously the season is winding down now but surely a result of the ongoing global situation, it was really eerie how many pools lay empty and villas and hotels boarded up.

 

 

IMG_20201010_145626.jpg

You're right, that is breath taking!  And it sounds like my kind of holiday :) Glad you enjoyed it, it puts my forthcoming weekend in Alicante to shame. Your last sentence is a real worry, hopefully soon the daft quarantining rules will come to an end and people can get back to normal, if it's not too late for them...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/10/2020 at 21:15, Kopic said:

Absolutely love kos, used to go every year with family sometimes twice, as a child. Havent been for a few years but I really want to go back. My mum went twice in the past few months. We always stay in a lovely little village called Mastihari, everyone there knows us, never really stayed anywhere else but always explore the island. My mum went for the first time nearly 40cyears ago, to the same village, for myself it was almost like a second home growing up. Shame I don't know what anything is officially called there, as "Peacock Forest" and "Tortoise Mountain" are brilliant spots.

We went there last year - it's a really nice spot, and super convenient for the airport! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What are you guys who are visiting countries on the quarenteen list doing for insurance? I'm interested to know how feasible these countries are still.

 

I know the European Health Card covers some things but it doesnt cover repatriation in case of illness I thought.

Edited by Sampson
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sampson said:

What are you guys who are visiting countries on the quarenteen list doing for insurance? I'm interested to know how feasible these countries are still.

 

I know the European Health Card covers some things but it doesnt cover repatriation in case of illness I thought.

Probably foolishly we have nothing other than the EHIC card. Our multi trip policy ran out before Covid, and when we went to Spain recently I genuinely forgot to renew, it wasn't a condition of going. Going again this weekend and haven't bought a policy yet, it's probably something I should look into though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Scotland in a couple of weeks. I swear if Sturgeon locks me out I’m posting her a turd.

Hopefully she think's it's a black pudding and eats it :thumbup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...