Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

4 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

What has happened to Terracotta Chinese buffet on Highcross street? I used to love it there, but last time it was horrific.

Just noticed that it has a food hygiene rating of 1 as well now, although it’s been recently inspected and a new rating will be given soon.

I’m not sure but you have probably just answered your own question.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

I’m not sure but you have probably just answered your own question.

? You are probably right.

But it was more me wondering why such a successful place could go so downhill, so quickly. The place used to be heaving. 

It reminded me of Mahrez. Occasionally hot, but mostly cold and I couldn't wait to get out of the door.

Just now, Drew Peacock said:

? You are probably right.

But it was more me wondering why such a successful place could go so downhill, so quickly. The place used to be heaving. 

It reminded me of Mahrez. Occasionally hot, but mostly cold and I couldn't wait to get out of the door.

I don’t think I’ve ever been but I guess the hygiene in the all you can eat places must be difficult to maintain, food sitting there for ages etc.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Ginos pear tree in woodhouse is nice, I went there with the missus and kids and for an upmarket place they were excellent with the kids.

Might check that out for my birthday. Looks quite nice but prices seem reasonable. 

What did you eat? 

3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Might check that out for my birthday. Looks quite nice but prices seem reasonable. 

What did you eat? 

I had a fillet steak but I’m keen to go back and try more as the food they were bringing out for other people looked great. Give it a try mate, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.

Edited by Strokes
  • Thanks 1

On 04/01/2018 at 18:24, baker11 said:

I see that Leicester is getting a 'ZAP' Thai restaurant. Recently went to the Leeds one and it was really good.

Very ready for this, next door to Pho too which is also very decent. Considering those two gaffs have taken over Red Hot we've definitely upgraded

52 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Is there a thread on restaurants not in leicester? If not can anyone recommend anywhere in central London for a Sunday? Also where does honest burgers rate in terms of burger places??

Get yourself to Barrafina. They have one on Drury lane and another somewhere else but it does incredible tapas. You can’t book so may have to wait a while but I’ve been twice and it’s phenomenal.

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Is there a thread on restaurants not in leicester? If not can anyone recommend anywhere in central London for a Sunday? Also where does honest burgers rate in terms of burger places??

Of the 'chain' kind of places I think Honest Burgers is the best, the onion rings are great

Barrafina is proper good, there's Drury Lane, Dean Street and one near Trafalgar Square.

Blacklock is great for a Sunday. Beef, Lamb, and Pork with duck-fat potatoes, veg, a couple of Yorkshire Puddings and gravy for 20 quid.

Big fan of Knight and Garter in town. Went a few weeks back, had a few drinks in the bar area before and then had a meal in the restaurant later on. Steak was absolutely lovely and the staff couldn't do enough for us. It gets booked up very quickly at the weekends so would recommend booking in advance if you are thinking of giving it ago. 

6 hours ago, Lcfc_lass10 said:

Big fan of Knight and Garter in town. Went a few weeks back, had a few drinks in the bar area before and then had a meal in the restaurant later on. Steak was absolutely lovely and the staff couldn't do enough for us. It gets booked up very quickly at the weekends so would recommend booking in advance if you are thinking of giving it ago. 

Haven’t been in there but looks decent from the outside, will check it out soon enough.

• 2 weeks later...