Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

9 hours ago, Livid said:

Anyone tried this place, an interesting selection of meat. Someone at work went at the weekend a bit cloak and dagger getting in, you have to prebook apparently. 

http://www.haycockandtailbar.co.uk

Yes I know what it sounds like!!! 

Been to the bar, nice drinks but expensive.

I know this is Nottingham but I had this absolute monster at Annie’s Burger Shack last night. I feel lucky to have survived but want to do it all over again.

04BE407C-BC9F-4855-BF01-4307714B3587.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Not in town, but anyone know of any decent dog-friendly pubs for food in the vaguely sort of Loughborough/Melton/Nottingham triangle?

The Soar Bridge just outside Loughborough is great, loads of dog walkers in and super food last time I went. 

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Not in town, but anyone know of any decent dog-friendly pubs for food in the vaguely sort of Loughborough/Melton/Nottingham triangle?

The Three Crowns in Wymeswold. Part-owned by Stuart Broad and some other cricketer.

Had a roast (they offer a big amount of food on plate, good range of beer selection) there a few weeks back and saws a couple of dogs around the restaurant whilst the owners ate.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The Five Guys restaurant I've noticed in town earlier looks quite attractive from the outside, but from judging several posts on here about it it's just average.. 

I think calling it a restaurant is pushing it. It’s basically a ultra McDonalds. 

I dont how many times i’ve ended up pissed in New Street stations 5 guys, spent about £15 and it tastes heaven 

6 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The Five Guys restaurant I've noticed in town earlier looks quite attractive from the outside, but from judging several posts on here about it it's just average.. 

If you have never been it’s worth a go, just be aware that it is expensive but tastes good.

On 24/09/2018 at 12:12, Wymeswold fox said:

It's overpriced for what it is, but for what it is, its good. Once you eat their burgers, it's hard to go to a lot of fast food burger places and appreciate their burgers. The ones at five guys melt in your mouth. Burgers are super soft and moist. I'd say their milkshakes (also overpriced) are probably one of the best milkshakes you can buy. 

I'd rather go there than Nandos but you're not that far off restaurant prices going there. Is nice if money isn't a factor. 

7 hours ago, Christoph said:

It's overpriced for what it is, but for what it is, its good. Once you eat their burgers, it's hard to go to a lot of fast food burger places and appreciate their burgers. The ones at five guys melt in your mouth. Burgers are super soft and moist. I'd say their milkshakes (also overpriced) are probably one of the best milkshakes you can buy. 

I'd rather go there than Nandos but you're not that far off restaurant prices going there. Is nice if money isn't a factor. 

In America, 5 guys is dirt cheap

• 3 weeks later...

Not town, but had a nice meal at Pesto in Desford recently.

Can choose three courses of what you want (served in small dishes) from the menu and they bring it all together. Service was quick.

Only downside really is that there were kids running about at times.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

On 17/10/2018 at 03:48, Wymeswold fox said:

Can choose three courses of what you want (served in small dishes) from the menu and they bring it all together. Service was quick.

Heard a few recommendations for this place.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/10/2018 at 21:48, Wymeswold fox said:

Been there many times and it's great. There's also one at Wolvey which is also very good. 

On 16/10/2018 at 21:48, Wymeswold fox said:

Bright, noisy ...  kids aplenty ..  sat near the kitchen door, cutlery flying all over the place ...    haven’t been back.   Can’t remember what the food was like ...    but my brother likes it.

• 1 month later...

I know there’s been a couple of occasions that people I’ve asked about places to eat in Birmingham - the city has woke up beyond all belief in the last three months. 

Look up Nocturnal Animals - what a ****ing idea that is and the food is to die for 

@Unabomber has been the Wilderness and he will love this spot 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I know there’s been a couple of occasions that people I’ve asked about places to eat in Birmingham - the city has woke up beyond all belief in the last three months. 

Look up Nocturnal Animals - what a ****ing idea that is and the food is to die for 

@Unabomber has been the Wilderness and he will love this spot 

I went to the wilderness again on Friday at their new location. Was fantastic and the price is pretty reasonable.

I will have to check out this new place.

• 3 weeks later...