Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

St Etienne

I followed guingamp for half a season when I worked out there. Unbelievable atmosphere every week.Drogba was playing for them at the time. I saw them v st ettiene. They had a decent away following, flares going strong. They had an ex Liverpool full back Playing for them.10 points for a y one that can name him. I can't!

Edited by la domestique

I followed guingamp for half a season when I worked out there. Unbelievable atmosphere every week.Drogba was playing for them at the time. I saw them v st ettiene. They had a decent away following, flares going strong. They had an ex Liverpool full back Playing for them.10 points for a y one that can name him. I can't!

Medjani?

EDIT : Just done a google and he never actually played for St Etienne; for once in my life I thought I'd nailed an answer but NO

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

What season are we talking?

Italian away support is dreadful considering it's a quite small country.

Apparently Malaga have one of the best away followings because their away support is mostly English

I didn't think Spain, Italy or France really had an away fan culture anything like England or Germany.

Italy small? If you are in the North and you have a game down south...you are looking at 8 hours plus train ride.

Malaga indeed do. As do Tenerife. Bilbao are commonly the best away travellers in Spain however. It's slowly building in Spain.

Tenerife take away numbers?! I'd have thought them and Las Palmas take, and get absolutely minimal away ends?

I didn't think Spain, Italy or France really had an away fan culture anything like England or Germany.

Italy certainly does or did. The over coverage of Serie A - every game available on satellite combined with the ultras crackdown has killed it off. Traditional of playing on Sunday's can cause travel problems too.

looks like huge support from bastia at monaco tonight. been really noisy throughout extra time (and the whole game according to the comms). probably out number the monaco home support lol

4k away end apparently. flares and a pitch invasion as they win the shootout. so there are some away fans in france :D

4k away end apparently. flares and a pitch invasion as they win the shootout. so there are some away fans in france :D

Glad they lost - second time they've cost me a decent win.

Last time I bet on Monaco I lost out thanks to the ref saying Falcao had dived after the defender's challenge has just broken his leg.

Glad they lost - second time they've cost me a decent win.

Last time I bet on Monaco I lost out thanks to the ref saying Falcao had dived after the defender's challenge has just broken his leg.

yeah they let me down last night so as soon as it hit extra time I wanted them to get ****ed.

They've been kind of late tho, unders and Monaco win has been where it's at. was always gonna come to an end one day though!

yeah they let me down last night so as soon as it hit extra time I wanted them to get ****ed.

They've been kind of late tho, unders and Monaco win has been where it's at. was always gonna come to an end one day though!

That's what I was on, had Leverkusen/Monaco and unders with Liverpool and overs.

Thought it was going to come in when that cheeky chappy Coutinho stepped up.

Flicked onto Monaco for the last 15 and all they managed was a 35 yards shot that went about 35 yards over lol.

The standard of decision making in the final 3rd in Ligue 1 is shambolic.

That's what I was on, had Leverkusen/Monaco and unders with Liverpool and overs.

Thought it was going to come in when that cheeky chappy Coutinho stepped up.

Flicked onto Monaco for the last 15 and all they managed was a 35 yards shot that went about 35 yards over lol.

The standard of decision making in the final 3rd in Ligue 1 is shambolic.

i had liverpool napoli and a few others, liverpool and napoli both bagged in the same minute of injury time so did the same as you and watched the last 10 of monaco. painful haha. 

yeah huge gulf in class between lyon, marseille & psg and pretty much everyone else. st etienne give it a go but even watching them half the time you'd be happy to back 0-0 most games. not exactly a goal happy league every time i see it! 

i had liverpool napoli and a few others, liverpool and napoli both bagged in the same minute of injury time so did the same as you and watched the last 10 of monaco. painful haha. 

yeah huge gulf in class between lyon, marseille & psg and pretty much everyone else. st etienne give it a go but even watching them half the time you'd be happy to back 0-0 most games. not exactly a goal happy league every time i see it! 

I wish they only got a % of their wage based on the result. 25% if you lose, 50% for a draw and 100% for a win. I'm sure they'd start trying harder then. Absolutely killed me when Traore blasted that shot over, the camera pans to him. You expect to see disappointment and all you see is a look of complete apathy haha.

I don't think they realise how much it means to the punters!

About right there

St Etienne really struggling to keep in 4th at the minute, although will be better again now Gradel is back