Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Solar Eclipse March 20

Not even that's as dark as a thunderstorm now and the sun is a crescent?

It's fairly obvious that it's happening.

It most definitely was not as dark as a thunderstorm and the sun wasn't a crescent lol I still had to close my blind for the glare on the TV screen!

It most definitely was not as dark as a thunderstorm and the sun wasn't a crescent lol I still had to close my blind for the glare on the TV screen!

The sun was and still is a crescent - I'm staring at it now, and it's definitely darker than normal

It got noticeably darker but you wouldnt write it off being just abit cloudy if you were hiding in the sheets trying to gauge the glimpse of reality.

Went down to Cornwall as a kid in '99 and lived on a farm for a fortnight skipping between Loe and Newquay basically being a little hippie. That went pitch black but I didnt notice any unsteady eery feeling.

First day of cloudy skies all week here.

Been incredibly hot and sunny.

Didn't even notice a partial eclipse.

Next great event is tomorrow at 5:15am - historically high tides. Considering we lost 15m of dune in a night when there was a storm with a non-high tide in the winter people have been panicking but unless the wind picks up significantly I doubt we'll even see the dunes touched.

It got noticeably darker but you wouldnt write it off being just bit cloudy if were hiding in the sheets trying to gauge the glimpse of reality.

Went down to Cornwall as a kid in '99 and lived on a farm for a week going between Loe and Newquay for a couple of weeks basically being a little hippie. That went pitch black but I didnt notice any unsteady eery feeling.

In 99 it was a total eclipse here and it was amazing how the birds went from crazy to completely silent. A day to remember.

Definitely the best tiny crescent shape light projected onto a piece of white paper I've ever seen.

Apparently, there's a decent chance of me being alive for the next one.  Super!

You won't see a thing. By then we'll have a thick smog lingering and blocking the Sun for a decade or two, caused by nukes, super volcanoes and cracks in the earth which will also release lava. Interesting times.

(I +1'd you when I meant to quote, but you often deserve a +1 so I'm not bothered.)

In 99 it was a total eclipse here and it was amazing how the birds went from crazy to completely silent. A day to remember.

I cant believe how much I messed that original post up :lei1:

Dont remember any birds as we ran down to the beach. Pasties and swimming, been so long since I've had a holiday like that

Definitely the best tiny crescent shape light projected onto a piece of white paper I've ever seen.

Apparently, there's a decent chance of me being alive for the next one. Super!

You only have to live until 2017 (and go to America) shouldn't be to difficult!

I praise the Lord when something like this happens. So mathematical. The perfect Creation and a sign for those with eyes.

HALLELUJAH. 

:trumpet:

You won't see a thing. By then we'll have a thick smog lingering and blocking the Sun for a decade or two, caused by nukes, super volcanoes and cracks in the earth which will also release lava. Interesting times.

(I +1'd you when I meant to quote, but you often deserve a +1 so I'm not bothered.)

Haha, trying to decide which of these posts is the most ridiculous  :wes:

Archived