Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Solar Eclipse March 20

Definitely the best tiny crescent shape light projected onto a piece of white paper I've ever seen.

Apparently, there's a decent chance of me being alive for the next one.  Super!

they occur fairly regularly, just regional. Like the 2026 one is going to be in Spain. It's a bit like watching england at the world cup - occurs fairly regularly but never lasts long and is underwhelming compared to the media hype.

Haha, trying to decide which of these posts is the most ridiculous  :wes:

You won't be laughing when you're up a tree trying to stop your strides from catching fire. I will be though. Like a flipping nutter!

Indeed.  The force is strong with him.

darth.jpg

That's not The Lord. That's just some bloke with a childish job who is wearing a plastic helmet, face mask, gloves and cape.

The Great One hasn't shown his face in our universe. And being as the universe from the outside is only about the size of a chinese takeaway fish tank (but flatter), it's a good job he hasn't. It'd frighten the life out of most folk.

You only have to live until 2017 (and go to America) shouldn't be to difficult!

A lot could happen between now and then.

I don't think I'd go to America for one, based on yesterday's evidence. I'd need another reason as well, like to eat an oversized breakfast or buy some shoes

• 2 years later...

Thought I'd drag this one up rather than starting a new thread, but we are now just a few days away from a major solar eclipse. Unfortunately for us it will not be visible (not in totality, or anywhere near it, from the UK), but instead, on August 21st, will cut a narrow path across the entire United States from the Pacific North West right down to the Carolina coast

http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/path_through_the_US.htm

I'd originally been tempted to try an be in the US for this one, but it didn't really pan out. Just wondered if any US based Foxes Talkers have any plans to be "in the path"? 

I guess the media over there will start ramping up for this in the next week or so.

They get to see another total eclipse in the US in 2024, whereas the next total one visible from the UK is not until 2090!

Archived