Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

On 10/04/2017 at 11:26, Samilktray said:

Is anyone still playing Sun/Moon? I picked it up again for the first time in a couple months this weekend and its still quite enjoyable.

Me. Fantastic game 

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 13:53, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Anyone still playing PoGo, how on earth do you defeat Blissey in gyms? I keep on getting so close every time and then end up furious as I just run out of time!

Get as many charge attacks in as possible. Don't dodge as there isn't time.

It will take two mons if it's good. I use two strong Exeguttor's.

• 5 weeks later...
On 2017-5-22 at 20:32, Great Boos Up said:

My Blissey is now at 2750. I think at 2800 it starts to time out most attackers.

I've seen a unown and a shiny Gyarados in a gym but does anyone have them?

Ive seen them both too, but have neither.

Agreed about Blissey, I've got 2 both at 2650 mark that don't seem to hold anyone off.

There's a lot of cheats using GPS manipulating software around me - one guy in particular plays at 2am every night and takes all of the gyms in a 4/5 mile radius, which is ruining the game quite a bit.

Thinking of deletingPoGo, but so much time has gone into it........

4 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Ive seen them both too, but have neither.

Agreed about Blissey, I've got 2 both at 2650 mark that don't seem to hold anyone off.

There's a lot of cheats using GPS manipulating software around me - one guy in particular plays at 2am every night and takes all of the gyms in a 4/5 mile radius, which is ruining the game quite a bit.

Thinking of deletingPoGo, but so much time has gone into it........

Not sure it's a GPS manipulation. I thought the same until I caught a guy actually driving around doing this.

If it's a 4-5 mile radius that would make sense. I picked two and waited and knocked his out as he put them in. I could hear him shouting. Once you get above his level. Which you will cause you're walking and he's driving, eventually he will move on.

However that's a lot of effort. I had to start a second account as just putting one in a gym is pointless. Once he saw two were going in at midnight after knocking his down after a week he never came back.

Strangely I miss the fight. I started this game late but I'm in for long haul.

20 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

Not sure it's a GPS manipulation. I thought the same until I caught a guy actually driving around doing this.

If it's a 4-5 mile radius that would make sense. I picked two and waited and knocked his out as he put them in. I could hear him shouting. Once you get above his level. Which you will cause you're walking and he's driving, eventually he will move on.

However that's a lot of effort. I had to start a second account as just putting one in a gym is pointless. Once he saw two were going in at midnight after knocking his down after a week he never came back.

Strangely I miss the fight. I started this game late but I'm in for long haul.

Agree, the battles and personal rivalries with other players make the game worthwhile!

Look up 'Pokemon Go spoofing' however.......

• 4 weeks later...

All gyms are down for major revamp.

One of each pokemon type only allowed.

To lose health over time unless you feed them at the gym and you gain the coins pro rata when the mon is defeated at the gym.

They will also be pokestops for other items?

I'm waiting....

• Like 1

Still amuses me on my walk to work/into town/to the pub it encourages me not to be bum and get the bus, so has saved me money and increased my activity levels.

Interesting to see if the new gym system gets some more interest, get into a good gym and you could just harvest coins. Not that there is much to spend them on.

25 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

The new raids seem like the perfect way to introduce legendaries to the game, fingers crossed. Enjoying this current fire & ice event also 

They will probably see how they go and tweak them before releasing legendaries, I just hope that you don't all need to gather round a gym to attack at the same time, I don't want to interact with anyone else, just amuse myself whilst out for a stroll.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

No way have you caught all Gen2 ??? I demand to see your unown.

No I haven't. When there's not many Pokemon left to catch (particularly the rare ones) and they don't pop up, it gets more and more tedious. So when Gen 3 Pokemon start appearing, I'll be playing the game again.

1 hour ago, GLC said:

Sadly, I missed out on an unknown in Greenwich a few weeks back! i turned up and it had just gone :( 

New gym updates and raids!!! 

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/raids

Shame on the unown.

6 v 6 in gyms to combat spoofers levelling up to max from their bedrooms will please ALZ plus I like the idea of only one type of mon per gym as I get sick of seeing the same old mons everywhere.

I'm unsure of the raids as I like the solitary tedious nature of the game. But if I turn up to a raid battle the other trainers will not like me when they see my username and realise I've been knocking them out every single night on my midnight walks.

Also a bit unhappy that I just managed to power up my blissey to become undefeated. 

and we have live gyms again. Gonna be a late night.

The top of the gyms seems to be the last one in it, not the highest CP and you feed them with raspberries to keep the health up.

But the health goes down every 15 minutes it seems ??

When you put your mon in a gym it is not full CP ~ feed it a berry.

Plus raids will be for level 35 plus. (I'm level 35)

Edited by Great Boos Up