Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:35, Innovindil said:

Level 35 or above. :nigel:

Only level 30 :/ 

Today it dropped to 25.

Did several today but you need a raid pass which you can get from spinning a gym pokestop or as I had to do buy a few.

At the moment they are all easy to beat but the extra game is to catch the nom with a ball. Equivalent to catching that pokemon from an egg.

You get some goodies. Rare candy can transform into any type candy and bumped up my blissey which took an age walking.

Just used the transform device on my 100IV Muk to give it a better charge attack so it's much better now but you can't choose so it may end up with a worse moveset.

55 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Today it dropped to 25.

Did several today but you need a raid pass which you can get from spinning a gym pokestop or as I had to do buy a few.

At the moment they are all easy to beat but the extra game is to catch the nom with a ball. Equivalent to catching that pokemon from an egg.

You get some goodies. Rare candy can transform into any type candy and bumped up my blissey which took an age walking.

Just used the transform device on my 100IV Muk to give it a better charge attack so it's much better now but you can't choose so it may end up with a worse moveset.

Are you guaranteed a raid pass from the gyms or is it a % chance to drop? 

Not been out today to test it, didn't get a pass yesterday when spinning them though. 

And what sort of pokemon have you seen in the raids so far? Only seen lapras and that big dinosaur thing tyran something so far :D

Just now, Innovindil said:

Are you guaranteed a raid pass from the gyms or is it a % chance to drop? 

Not been out today to test it, didn't get a pass yesterday when spinning them though. 

And what sort of pokemon have you seen in the raids so far? Only seen lapras and that big dinosaur thing tyran something so far :D

No guarantee but spin a few and you should get one. The biggest I saw was a 13000 Exegguttor. I knocked it out with a Jolteon and an exeggutor on my own. Did a 5000 bayleaf which I didn't have in my dex but it ran away in the catch it game after. I've even done a magikarp which you cant hatch from eggs anymore just incase it had good IV's. It was 82 so I binned it. You still get loads of goodies.

You have six mons so at level 30 at this point you could defeat anything with 2 or 3. Chose the best.. fire burns grass ect as you have to wait a minute while the game searches for anyone else to join. You get loads of XP so level 31 in no time.

I hope your blue or I'm giving my best advise away.;)

16 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

No guarantee but spin a few and you should get one. The biggest I saw was a 13000 Exegguttor. I knocked it out with a Jolteon and an exeggutor on my own. Did a 5000 bayleaf which I didn't have in my dex but it ran away in the catch it game after. I've even done a magikarp which you cant hatch from eggs anymore just incase it had good IV's. It was 82 so I binned it. You still get loads of goodies.

You have six mons so at level 30 at this point you could defeat anything with 2 or 3. Chose the best.. fire burns grass ect as you have to wait a minute while the game searches for anyone else to join. You get loads of XP so level 31 in no time.

I hope your blue or I'm giving my best advise away.;)

Ah, that's cool. Sounds like some pretty decent rewards and some rare pokemon are up for grabs :D will probably head out tomorrow and give it a go cheers. 

And yeah I'm blue. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Went round watermead with the missus this afternoon, she was pretty pissed because she's level 24 so couldn't join in so she was just taking all the gyms. Fought a crocodil whatever in one and a gengar in another raid. Was fun, it's exactly what's been missing from the game, instead of just nodding to passers-by that were playing you actually have a reason to talk now, think there was about 8 of us taking on the gengar. 

The rewards seem decent too, got a fast-tm so I can change my ryhorn's move which is handy. :D

20 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

Now trying to work out which mon is best at 2999CP as anything over is dead during the night with the loss of motivation. Even the best Blisseys come down in the morning.

I wouldn't worry about mon's coming back, mine are getting tied up in gyms and not returning so I don't get any coins and don't have my strong ones available for raids.

I've started chucking any old shite into gyms, hoping they stay around long enough to get a few coins, then when they come back knocked out I just transfer them so I'm not wasting revives and potions.

On 29/06/2017 at 21:23, Great Boos Up said:

Now trying to work out which mon is best at 2999CP as anything over is dead during the night with the loss of motivation. Even the best Blisseys come down in the morning.

I didn't realise that was an actual thing:

"Pokémon Go has seriously disadvantaged high CP Pokémon in the new Gym system. Any Pokémon over 3000 CP will now lose motivation at a rate of 10 CP an hour. Pokémon under 3000 CP will only lose motivation at a rate of 1 CP an hour. That, and other changes, will require us to redo our recommendations. While we're testing and making an updated list, here's your quick cheat-sheet: Blissey or Snorlax up to 2999 CP are currently the best defenders in the game by a mile."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

Just evolved these two

Pokemons.JPG

Got to walk quite a few miles to get ampharos then it's just unown to complete gen 2.

Not sure about the raids, think they need tweaking before releasing legendaries, interesting to see how the events going on this weekend go down. Could be a success or a bit of a damp squib, it's also kinda annoying that no safari events are happening in London, I need Kangaskhan, heracross, and Tauros. 

Niantic has constantly balls up this great game by pandering to infrequent whim masses while they could have made it more profitable by incentivising the core players who have been putting in their money for a year. How many posts on here say are people saying is this still a thing or are you still playing this.

They left it 6 months too late for Gen 2 and the legendary are still not here.

1 hour ago, Great Boos Up said:

Niantic has constantly balls up this great game by pandering to infrequent whim masses while they could have made it more profitable by incentivising the core players who have been putting in their money for a year. How many posts on here say are people saying is this still a thing or are you still playing this.

They left it 6 months too late for Gen 2 and the legendary are still not here.

It's difficult because they can't release things too soon, I don't think they left it too late. I had nearly completed gen 1 when gen 2 came out. I'm now just 2 away from completing gen 2. So depending on how they release legendaries that will keep my interest for a bit longer. They've kinda got it spot on for me, but more active players might have lost interest.

4 hours ago, glenny_fox said:

just come across 40 odd people at Abbey park battling Articuno. I didn't have time to wait around otherwise i might of joined in.

I was there earlier lol didn't see 40 odd all in 1 raid but today was probably the most people I've seen playing it in a long time 

17 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

Waited for 45 minutes for some help and no one else showed up :(

Articuno.JPG

Yeah these raids are not the game I want to play. I Stumbled across a group in of about 50 - 60 people in Hyde Park taking down legendaries, joined them for one Articuno battle, we were efficiently split into trainers to increase our ball rewards, 17 Mystic took it down but it was close, I got 9 balls at Articuno didn't catch him. They all then marched off to the next raid while I deleted my app and went home. 

It's a fun game for while I'm commuting/exercising but I'm not going to give up an afternoon to join a group of people I don't know to hunt down legendaries I've got little chance of catching. If I can't satisfy my completionist nature and get them all then I'm out.

If you really want to get yourself a legendary you need at least 10 other high level trainers. Good luck.

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 22:26, syston_fox said:

Got myself an Articuno today after a raid battle where 18 people showed up. Think only four of the 18 managed to catch it after the battle including one person who had failed to catch on 7 attempts now. She wasn't happy! 

I can beat that now. Took down 10 legendary pokemon, with groups of between 15 and 20 in skeggy. One time crashed and one time fainted just as it died. So 8 goes at catching and nothing. Just like my younger days; everyone else gets a bird and all I pull is myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Motivation at 10% decrease per hour has really devalued my years effort and money. From hardcore for nearly a year I'm now just dabbling and sticking any old rubbish in gyms. Mostly I just knock them down and walk away. I've spent no money since the gym rework. Niantic are losing their core fans.