Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

The updated motivation system is even worse for me as a player. The higher the CP the faster it deteriorates. I've stopped powering up my defenders and now just progress attackers. There is no challenge aspect left in the gym system anymore. I'm hoping as the winter comes and gen 2 becomes boring and the raid fad dies, Niantic will temper the CP decay or preferably remove it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 02/11/2017 at 20:42, Great Boos Up said:

I'm still playing this! On my own. Everyday for bit. With my own little personal battles against kids a third of my age. I need to get a dog as all the dog walkers who pass me now look with disdain.

Has anything new come in since legendary raids?

17 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Just some Gen 3 for Halloween. I don't play the raids (only for golden raspberries) I prefer the solitary nature of the game 

Yeah, I was happy playing my solo game, but I will never get a legendary playing solo so I gave it up put on a few pounds since giving it up as it just gave that extra push walk rather than get the bus.

• 3 weeks later...

Do many still play this? I thought it died a death a while back. they killed it for me when they put in the raid battles. I don't want to stand with 25 others playing it trying to catch something.

Also, have they put in the trade feature yet?

Edited by glenny_fox

12 hours ago, glenny_fox said:

Do many still play this? I thought it died a death a while back. they killed it for me when they put in the raid battles. I don't want to stand with 25 others playing it trying to catch something.

Also, have they put in the trade feature yet?

They've recently done an event that says globally you've got to catch 3bill pokes in 6 days to unlock a region locked poke. Think 1.5bill have been caught in 3 days, so I'd say a fair few are still playing, obviously not as many as at peak. 

I only play it when walking round Watermead, girlfriend still enjoys it so why not, can do some of the lower raids between just the 2 of us. 

Still no trading yet, honestly not fussed about it, think it would ruin what's left of the game tbh. 

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 21:17, Innovindil said:

They've recently done an event that says globally you've got to catch 3bill pokes in 6 days to unlock a region locked poke. Think 1.5bill have been caught in 3 days, so I'd say a fair few are still playing, obviously not as many as at peak. 

I only play it when walking round Watermead, girlfriend still enjoys it so why not, can do some of the lower raids between just the 2 of us. 

Still no trading yet, honestly not fussed about it, think it would ruin what's left of the game tbh. 

The global event was completed early this morning. The reward; the regional only Farfetch'd is now  everywhere. Spent most of the day catching dozens of the little birds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Do you still need to go around in a gang of twenty to do the legendary raids? That's ultimately what put me off the game.

Yes unfortunately. Although about 6 high level players is enough but you still have to catch it.

I don't play the legendary raids and I'm hoping in time they start day events to catch the earlier ones.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

These research tasks are a great addition, just got to evolve another magikarp to find my mew. Unfortunately I just evolved a shiny before they started.

Plus the legendary raids seem easier than they were first time round.

Dusted off the old pokedex when gen 3 came out, thought I would see what's going on, then this research stuff appeared and I'm hooked again. Got my first legendary pokemon through it, and working towards Mew, annoyingly had recently evolved a Magikarp and powered up my Gyrados so had to pretty much start from 0 candy.

Spoiler alert magikarp evolve is not the end of the research task, you need to do a bit more research before you discover mew, but shouldn't be too hard for a man of your talents.

• Like 1