Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Mobile Phones

I'm thinking of getting a new phone as my new job requires constant e-mail access that my beat up Galaxy S3 with it's shite battery and broken screen is struggling to provide.

So i'd appreciate it if you'd say what phone you have, whether it's any good, what you use it for and how much you paid/pay.

Cheers x

iPhone 6. As of yesterday.

Upgraded from my 5. Not really too much to say on iPhones that you probably don't already know, they're not as open as android phones and seem a lot more restricted, I just prefer them. I use mine for standard stuff really social media, emails, shopping, eBay, games ect.

The 6+ was way to big, the 6 seems perfect for me. Pay 38 quid a month.

I'm not gonna sit here and say it's better than the Galaxy S5 and the like, because chances are it's not. If you've had an S3, you'd probably be better with an S5, waiting for the S6 or get another android phone, cheaper too.

Like I said, I'm just used to the iPhone, that's why I stuck with it. :)

iPhone 6. As of yesterday.

Upgraded from my 5. Not really too much to say on iPhones that you probably don't already know, they're not as open as android phones and seem a lot more restricted, I just prefer them. I use mine for standard stuff really social media, emails, shopping, eBay, games ect.

The 6+ was way to big, the 6 seems perfect for me. Pay 38 quid a month.

I'm not gonna sit here and say it's better than the Galaxy S5 and the like, because chances are it's not. If you've had an S3, you'd probably be better with an S5, waiting for the S6 or get another android phone, cheaper too.

Like I said, I'm just used to the iPhone, that's why I stuck with it. :)

Well the iPhone 6 goes for about £45 quid a month, the S5 goes for about 27 which seems tempting. Was never overly impressed with the S3 though.

LG G3 is good, has some great reviews.

G4 is out around April-May I think. iPhone's are crazily overpriced, would avoid them. Also, speaking of Chinese phones, I think its called the OnePlus One which is highly rated, especially given the specs. Just have a look around yourself, plenty of reviews on YouTube and stuff, but its well worth doing your research before making a purchase (stating the obvious, sorry).

Edited by Adam.

Reckon I might splash out on a HTC One M9, comes out at the end of the month. Anyone got the M8?

iPhone 6. O2, 5GB or data, unlimited texts and calls, £38 a month. It's a limited time offer, so if you want one, it should be ASAP.

02 has absolutely dire reception where I work.

LG G3 is good, has some great reviews.

G4 is out around April-May I think. iPhone's are crazily overpriced, would avoid them. Also, speaking of Chinese phones, I think its called the OnePlus One which is highly rated, especially given the specs. Just have a look around yourself, plenty of reviews on YouTube and stuff, but its well worth doing your research before making a purchase (stating the obvious, sorry).

Yeah I did 2 weeks research before buying my THL, it's got a very similar spec to the Galaxy Note 2 (larger screen and faster processor though) except at the time the Samsung was £500 and the THL was £170, including delivery. It dropped to £140 almost as soon as I'd bought it as well

Had it a year and no problems, except the GPS has never been great. I'd always buy from there, and get a Giffgaff SIM - £12 a month gets loads of minutes and texts and 3GB of data.

Reckon I might splash out on a HTC One M9, comes out at the end of the month. Anyone got the M8?

I have an M8 - had it about four months now. I like it - it performs good and the camera is very good considering it has less than brilliant reviews, but then I really just use it for snaps of the kids and stuff.

Battery life is not brilliant, but probably no worse than most of the others out there, and is likely depleted by the number of apps and stuff I have running so I'm sure it could be improved with more efficient use.

£40 a month for 1gb of data seems a lot Chris.

I think it was due to the phone being only out for like a month.. That's the problem you pay the most for the newer phones, the tariffs though may have been better on other contracts but I'm with o2 as it's the best signal around my area

I resent having such expensive phone contracts!

I wait until I can afford the phone I want, buy it outright and then just have a £10 a month sim only contract.

Doesn't really make that much of a difference.

Say you bought an iPhone 6, £600ish. Kept it for 24months = £25p/mth

Sim only £10 p/mth.

Total £35p/mth

Becomes £43.33 if you only kept it for 18months.

Same difference on the whole pretty much.

Obviously if you kept it longer than 24months then it's cheaper but then again you'd re-negotiate with the service provider.

Doesn't really make that much of a difference.

Say you bought an iPhone 6, £600ish. Kept it for 24months = £25p/mth

Sim only £10 p/mth.

Total £35p/mth

Becomes £43.33 if you only kept it for 18months.

Same difference on the whole pretty much.

Obviously if you kept it longer than 24months then it's cheaper but then again you'd re-negotiate with the service provider.

I prefer to keep my monthly bills as low as possible though, within reason.

I won't take a car out on finance for 5 years instead of 3 simply for lower monthly payments because that doesn't make any economical sense.

Edited by DB11

• 8 months later...

can anyone tell me how i can find out exactly what is eating the credit in my phone?

i have a pay as you go samsung galaxy young 2 which i mostly use at work so i can be contacted in case of emergency.

the only accounts on it are whatsapp, google and yahoo mail.

all i get are texts telling me you now have x amount of credit (until my credit is all gone)

this is why i rarely top up.

is there a way of accessing where these charges are coming from?