Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

23 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Personally, I prefer an old school, brutal, tense 13-10 defensive struggle over this glorified game of basketball. I hate the way it's all pass, pass, pass and the running game is now an afterthought. 54-51 is for stupid people with no attention span. If I wanted to watch that I'd watch Texas Tech vs Baylor in the NCAA. Give me 3 yards and a cloud of dust any day. Rant over.

The Rams D did the business, you can't say it wasn't tense?

Amazing game. Holding the best offence in football to less than 250 yards and 10 points! Enjoyed that more than Rams/Chiefs tbh.

Also it looks like the Cowboys somehow won the Amari Cooper trade which is amazing considering how much they overspent to get him in. Plus the more they win the less valuable that pick gets.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, the fox said:

Kareem hunt was seen on tape pushing, shoving and (lightly kicking) a women. Not a falcon-punch type incident like Joe Mixon's but things like these will be handled harshly by the NFL. 

Released by the chiefs. Redskins probably putting a waiver claim as we speak to go along with the other scumbag they just signed after getting released from the 49ers.

The worst thing about this is that the league already investigated and did nothing until TMZ leaked the video which shows that they have learnt nothing from the ray Rice incident. Depressing all round.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

Redskins probably putting a waiver claim as we speak

Lol. One of the few positives of this situation is all those funny tweets about the Redskin lol

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

No. It's been 23 years of of futility for us Cowboys fans.

Not gonna lie, I will not be mad if the Cowboys won a SB soon. That defence is mean. 

10 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

A 4 game win streak is bound to make us a little giddy

I can already picture it. The Cowboys make the playoffs after running the table just to lose with a walk-off 52 yard field goal.

And you can hear Shannon Sharpe's voice drifting in the winds........ "How 'bout dem Cowboys! How' bout dem Cowboys, skip bayless! "  that would make my week lol

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, the fox said:

Lol. One of the few positives of this situation is all those funny tweets about the Redskin lol

Not gonna lie, I will not be mad if the Cowboys won a SB soon. That defence is mean. 

I can already picture it. The Cowboys make the playoffs after running the table just to lose with a walk-off 52 yard field goal.

And you can hear Shannon Sharpe's voice drifting in the winds........ "How 'bout dem Cowboys! How' bout dem Cowboys, skip bayless! "  that would make my week lol

Oh don't worry, they'll mess it up in the playoffs, in the most excruciatingly heartbreaking and embarassing way. It's the Cowboys way.

The Titans' Derrick Henry just tied the record set in 1983 by the Cowboys' great Tony Dorsett for the longest run from scrimmage. 99 yard TD run. Obviously you can't have a longer run so the record can only be tied, never broken.

Tony Dorsett's run was better though because he had one less blocker as the Cowboys mistakenly lined up with only 10 men on the field.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

Records are falling like rain in the league right now.

Tom Brady with a new NFL touchdown pass record (580), Aaron Rodgers (395 consecutive passes without interception) and Drew Brees (currently on 73'908 passing yards) also. LA and Kansas produce a total of 105 points in a single NFL game, never been done before.

Also kudos to Philip Rivers, throwing 25 consecutive completions in one game and Adam Vinatieri for approaching 600 successful field goals.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Tom Brady with a new NFL touchdown pass record (580), Aaron Rodgers (395 consecutive passes without interception) and Drew Brees (currently on 73'908 passing yards) also. LA and Kansas produce a total of 105 points in a single NFL game, never been done before.

Also kudos to Philip Rivers, throwing 25 consecutive completions in one game and Adam Vinatieri for approaching 600 successful field goals.

The Brady pass TD one includes postseason so not technically the pass TD record. 

Huge game tonight, I am incredibly excited. Fingers crossed Hill is still a bit gimpy and either Gordon plays or Jackson has a stormer filling in ??

7 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

It was the first time 2 teams scored 50+ points in the same game. But there have been 2 games with higher aggregate points totals (1966 - Washington 72-41 NY Giants, 2004 - Bengals 58-48 Browns).

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

:thumbup:  I told yous all, going for 2 is the smart choice. It's only stupid IF you don't make it. 

Technically if we are getting smart about it we should have gone for 2 on the first touchdown, not waited until the second - but who cares, amazing win. 

Big couple days in the AFC North with the Steelers losing again and the Ravens beating the Chargers. Massive turnaround from 3-4 weeks ago when the Steelers looked to have the Division sewn up and now they might not even get a playoff spot.

I just hope we stay on top of our game and beat the Browns, we've missed out on the playoffs in the closing minutes in 2 of the last 3 seasons and they were both gutting.