Sign in to follow this  
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

Hate this whole show with the trophy and only a couple being allowed up on the podium. Team sport there, not just about 2 or 3 of them

Those who need a dose of Patriots schadenfreude (i.e. every fan of every other club) got a huge one today.  But it’s so gross and so sad, there’s nothing that feels good about it.

A man worth six billion dollars alleged with visiting a strip-mall massage parlor to pay for sex acts with trafficked Asian women.  Charges imminent.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26055197/patriots-owner-robert-kraft-charged-solicitation-prostitution

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Errrr, Cleveland, what's occurring? 

For anyone who doesn't quite understand, Burnley have just signed Aguero, in NFL terms. 

• Haha 2

Gotta love the Giants trading away their best players but keeping Eli. Barkley must be loving that. 

Bell going to the Jets too purely for the $$$. They're absolute garbage. 

Edited by The Bear

19 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Errrr, Cleveland, what's occurring? 

Errrr, I guess I represent Cleveland on here?

I'm as shocked as you.    :jawdrop:  I gave up my season ticket way back, don't live and die with the Browns like I once did.

On paper, complete theft.  A mid-first round pick and an average safety for a superstar at an impact position.  And the Giants swallowed Beckham's $20M signing bonus.

Fair to say folks around here are excited.

12 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The Gronk retires. Linebackers and Defensive Backs everywhere breath a sigh of relief.

http://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/story/_/id/26351121/grateful-gronkowski-announces-retirement

Been on the cards for a while but is still sad to see. Fair play to him though, he's had so many injuries that to risk getting another but one at his age could mean he will be ruined for the rest of his life. 

Living in New England, you hear a lot of his antics and everyone loves him. 

7 hours ago, Uncle Monty said:

Been on the cards for a while but is still sad to see. Fair play to him though, he's had so many injuries that to risk getting another but one at his age could mean he will be ruined for the rest of his life. 

Living in New England, you hear a lot of his antics and everyone loves him. 

Gronk now saying he might come back in an emergency if the Pats really need him.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The Gronk retires. Linebackers and Defensive Backs everywhere breath a sigh of relief.

http://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/story/_/id/26351121/grateful-gronkowski-announces-retirement

I read somewhere that during his 9-10 year career, he's never spent a dime of his basic salary - only the money he's earnt from his endorsements.

At $30m a season in wages, that suggests he's got a fair bit stashed away for his retirement. 

Smart boy behind the goofy exterior :thumbup:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Izzy said:

I read somewhere that during his 9-10 year career, he's never spent a dime of his basic salary - only the money he's earnt from his endorsements.

At $30m a season in wages, that suggests he's got a fair bit stashed away for his retirement. 

Smart boy behind the goofy exterior :thumbup:

Yeah I've heard that a few times as well. I think there was a red bull of monster with his face on recently, which I thought was odd. 

His big one on TV over here last year was for tide pods, so he didn't need to spend money on food for a while either.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Uncle Monty said:

His big one on TV over here last year was for tide pods, so he didn't need to spend money on food for a while either.

ain't they just delicious?

pods.gif.9d56a7f40f7d613143a9e1e7b65941d8.gif

• Like 1

Well it's draft week in the NFL. Normally, I'd stay up and watch. But with the Cowboys not having a first-round pick this year I think I'll just watch the second-round onwards. Not that I'm complaining, the Amari Cooper trade proved to be well worth our first-rounder. Will be interesting to see where Kyler Murray goes though. Like Baker Mayfield last year, opinions seem to be split due to his lack of stature.

On 22/04/2019 at 11:29, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Well it's draft week in the NFL. Normally, I'd stay up and watch. But with the Cowboys not having a first-round pick this year I think I'll just watch the second-round onwards. Not that I'm complaining, the Amari Cooper trade proved to be well worth our first-rounder. Will be interesting to see where Kyler Murray goes though. Like Baker Mayfield last year, opinions seem to be split due to his lack of stature.

Never watched the draft Live.. life's too short. But will be interested to see how the QB's drafted this year plus Josh Rosen get on over the next few years. 

Especially the Giants Vs Redskins choices.. hoping they are both busts!

• Like 1

One good thing about a long off season.. plenty of time for reminiscing. 😆