Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Guest Frank Worthington

Member
  • Posts

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Guest Frank Worthington

  1. When I was at University in the 70s we adopted a stray cat that my housemate insisted on calling Frankie. He sort of took on his namesake's rather itchy feet, and buggered off to live with an old lady down the road (probably a decent choice to be fair)
  2. Appreciated, thanks. I haven't been involved with Halifax Civic Trust for long, and someone gave me a list of 'ideas for blue plaques' - mostly uninspiring, but my eyes lit up when I saw Frank Worthington. I never even knew he was from Halifax. Odd fact - John Noakes of BBC Blue Peter fame was born a couple of streets away from the Worthington's home - Frank's brothers said they used to know his mum.
  3. Thanks. I had the nicest morning with his older brothers (Dave and Bob) talking football stories when I was trying to put this together.
  4. Dear all It’s a long road back, but the journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step, and all that. If City could have one striker at his peak to help with the long road back, the great Frank Worthington would surely be one of the first on the list. I am working with Halifax Civic Trust and with Frank’s brothers and other family members to get an official Blue Plaque for Frank near his birth place in Shelf, Halifax. His Leicester years, 72-77 were probably the best of his career, and the time when he won his (criminally few) England caps. Frank sadly died of dementia in 2021. Anyway, we thought it was time that Halifax’s only England International, and one of the game’s great characters, was properly honoured in his home town, so have put together a GoFundMe page. Any excess from the cost of a Blue Plaque – about £650 all in – will go to the Alzheimer’s Society Sport United Against Dementia. We have set a target of £1000 and hope we might raise a bit more. This is the page and we – me, Halifax Civic Trust, Dave and Bob Worthington, and other family members – would be delighted if you could make a contribution. https://www.gofundme.com/f/an-official-blue-plaque-to-celebrate-frank-worthington-dzymz ADMIN – if it’s possible to pin this for a week or two, that would be appreciated. Thanks.
×
×
  • Create New...