Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

The Wit and Wisdom of Gordon Strachan

REPORTER: "Welcome to Southampton Football Club. Do you think you're the right man to turn things around?"

STRACHAN: "No, I think they should have got George Graham as I'm useless."

REPORTER: "Gordon, do you think James Beattie deserves to be in the English squad?"

STRACHAN: "I don't care, I'm Scottish."

REPORTER: "Gordon, you must be delighted with that result?"

STRACHAN: "You're spot on. You can read me like a book."

REPORTER: "This might sound like a daft question, but you'll be happy to get your first win under your belt, won't you?"

STRACHAN: "You're right. It is a daft question. I'm not even going to bother answering that one."

REPORTER: "Bang, there goes your unbeaten run. Can you take it?"

STRACHAN: "No, I'm going to crumble like a wreck. I'll go home, become an alcoholic and jump off a bridge. Ummm, I think I can take it."

REPORTER: "So, Gordon, in what areas do you think Middlesbrough were better than you today?"

STRACHAN: "What areas? Mainly that big green one out there."

REPORTER: "Gordon, can I have a quick word?"

STRACHAN: "Velocity."

Reviewing Puppetry of the Penis at the Edinburgh Festival:

"The first 15 minutes were all right - but there's only so much you can do with your hickory dickory. I didn't want to get up and leave in the middle of the show - I was worried the crowd might think I was going to participate."

On a back-heel flick by French Star Zinedine Zidane:

"You know, people call an unmade bed 'art'. To me, THAT is art."

Asked about the same often-injured player:

"I've got more important things to think about. I've got a yoghurt to finish, the expiry date is today. That can be my priority rather than Augustin Delgado."

On his Ecuadorian striker at Southampton:

"Augustin [Delgado] was virtually up against their youth team. I have never seen so much acne on a football pitch."

Guest freund

heh, he's great. managers must get asked these same boring questions over and over again so its refreshing to hear something different :thumbup:

I think the guys a comedian in front of the camera. :D

16467[/snapback]

Strachan and Holloway would make a class double act

and you chaps need no reminding about Holloways corker last year do you ?

16529[/snapback]

yes please :P

16467[/snapback]

16529[/snapback]

16789[/snapback]

are you ready then ? your wish is my command foxes...

16467[/snapback]

16529[/snapback]

16789[/snapback]

are you ready then ? your wish is my command foxes...

16810[/snapback]

ready as i'll ever be :thumbup:

ok for starters heres a few warmers....before the big one..

>>

"Most of our fans get behind us and are fantastic. But those who don't should shut the hell up or they can come round to my house and I will fight them"

QPR boss Ian Holloway reacts to booing in the game with Port Vale.

>>

"I took them orienteering on Monday - and two of them got lost! We had to go out in a van to get them. I can't tell you who they are because they are a little embarrassed"

QPR manager Ian Holloway warms up for the new season by revealing what went on the club's pre-season tour of Scotland.

>>

QPR boss Ian Holloway is well-known for his crazy post-match quotes, now he's taken to playing practical jokes on his players.

The latest jape involved bringing in a bogus player to a training session and convincing the rest of the squad he would be their new team-mate.

Chris Day explains how the QPR players were taken in by 'Eduardo'

Holloway explained: "We did a scam television programme. This fella was brought into training, allegedly called Eduardo and Latvia's captain.

"We told the players a rich guy had just bought the club and wanted him in his team. He was cack, absolutely useless.

"But I said it was out of my hands and they had to give him a chance. And they fell for it.

"After 10 minutes of training the lads were booting him up in the air. It was really funny."

Bet Eduardo thought it was hilarious.

>>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You talking to me?

QPR manager Ian Holloway was confronted by a taxi driver who demanded an explanation for the FA Cup defeat by Vauxhall Motors.

Rangers fan Joe Hylton went to see Holloway at the club's training ground and the pair had a heated argument.

Hylton told The Sun: "I saw chief executive David Davies and he told me if I waited I could see Ian Holloway.

"In Holloway's office there was a frank exchange of views and a lot of effing and blinding.

"But he listened to what I had to say and didn't make excuses."

Hardly surprising, as anybody who has seen the classic Robert De Niro film will know, it's best not to upset a taxi driver with a grudge.

>>

Big one to follow...

ok for starters heres a few warmers....before the big one..

>>

"Most of our fans get behind us and are fantastic. But those who don't should shut the hell up or they can come round to my house and I will fight them"

QPR boss Ian Holloway reacts to booing in the game with Port Vale.

>>

"I took them orienteering on Monday - and two of them got lost! We had to go out in a van to get them. I can't tell you who they are because they are a little embarrassed"

QPR manager Ian Holloway warms up for the new season by revealing what went on the club's pre-season tour of Scotland.

>>

QPR boss Ian Holloway is well-known for his crazy post-match quotes, now he's taken to playing practical jokes on his players.

The latest jape involved bringing in a bogus player to a training session and convincing the rest of the squad he would be their new team-mate.

Chris Day explains how the QPR players were taken in by 'Eduardo'

Holloway explained: "We did a scam television programme. This fella was brought into training, allegedly called Eduardo and Latvia's captain.

"We told the players a rich guy had just bought the club and wanted him in his team. He was cack, absolutely useless.

"But I said it was out of my hands and they had to give him a chance. And they fell for it.

"After 10 minutes of training the lads were booting him up in the air. It was really funny."

Bet Eduardo thought it was hilarious.

>>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You talking to me?

QPR manager Ian Holloway was confronted by a taxi driver who demanded an explanation for the FA Cup defeat by Vauxhall Motors.

Rangers fan Joe Hylton went to see Holloway at the club's training ground and the pair had a heated argument.

Hylton told The Sun: "I saw chief executive David Davies and he told me if I waited I could see Ian Holloway.

"In Holloway's office there was a frank exchange of views and a lot of effing and blinding.

"But he listened to what I had to say and didn't make excuses."

Hardly surprising, as anybody who has seen the classic Robert De Niro film will know, it's best not to upset a taxi driver with a grudge.

>>

Big one to follow...

16815[/snapback]

lol thats like the funniest thing ever :P

OK

Now think

This was a quote straight from the hip...right into the interviewers microphone, not rehearsed and said as is.....

QPR boss Ian Holloway was asked to describe his team's lacklustre performance against Chesterfield which they still won >>>

>>

"To put it in gentleman's terms, if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, you've done what you set out to do. We didn't look our best today but we've pulled.

Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi.

She may not have been the best looking lady we ended up taking home but it was still very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much and let's have coffee"

>>

I thank you

Still magnificent. CLASS!

I have the video clip too which is even funnier when you see how he says it!

OK

Now think

This was a quote straight from the hip...right into the interviewers microphone, not rehearsed and said as is.....

QPR boss Ian Holloway was asked to describe his team's lacklustre performance against Chesterfield which they still won >>>

>>

"To put it in gentleman's terms, if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, you've done what you set out to do. We didn't look our best today but we've pulled.

Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi.

She may not have been the best looking lady we ended up taking home but it was still very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much and let's have coffee"

>>

I thank you

Still magnificent. CLASS!

I have the video clip too which is even funnier when you see how he says it!

16821[/snapback]

lol, i cant believe he said that :D:D:P:P

Archived