Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Player Ratings v Burnley

Douglas - 6

Wasn't actually tested much throughout, but again seemed reluctant to come off his line. One example of this was in the second half when a high ball was lumped in to the box from the right, which was dropping just outside the 6 yard box. McCathy was underneath it with no Burnley players around him, and Douglas just stood flat on his line, so McCarthy had to head it away, albeit not very far, when Douglas could have easily claimed it.

Maybury - 5

An improvement on previous games, but he looked all over the place in the first half as Burnley committed midfield players in the box to support Akinbiyi. Distribution still not up to scratch, particularly his crossing, which was flat and slow - not exactly going to benefit the two targetmen upfront.

McCarthy - 7

Had the better of Akinbiyi when asked to mark him. Assured on the ball and seems to have cut out his blatant fouling.

Gerrbrand - 5

Looked shaky early on and things didn't improve much as the game wore on. Struggled against the power and pace of Akinbiyi, a stark contrast to McCarthy. Caught out of position a number of times, which allowed Akinbiyi clear runs at goal.

Johansson - 4

Struggled to get to grips with his opponenent, allowing him far too much space and time to swing crosses in. The goal derived from his side. Struggled in posession of the ball and offered virtually no support to Smith on an attacking side.

Sylla - 5

Started off the game well (again, seems a pattern is emerging here) but he increasingly becomes anonymous as the game progresses. Only managed a few crosses in to the box, and even then they were shite.

Kisnorbo - 5

Same old. Got around a bit, but didn't offer much in the way of quality. Struggled to compete against Burnley's 5 man midfield, especially in the first half.

Gudjonsson - 6

Provided the attacking threat with his forward runs but the final ball wasn't there. Did give the ball away cheaply at times, but was the only one prepared to get us going.

Smith - 5

Received very little support from Johansson in the first half, and was often marked by 2 players, allowing him very little space and time to produce anything. Second half followed the same pattern until Tiatto came on and at least tried to support him up the left flank. Enjoyed a bit more success, but Burnley's 9 men behind the ball tactic restricted any space in behind.

de Vries - 5

Anonymous in the first half, looked slightly more dangerous in the second. First half involved flicking the ball down Dublin and vice versa. If that's what they've spent 2 weeks doing on the training ground, then I'm mightily concerned. Had a few chances in the second half when the ball was played to his feet, so he could actually turn and shoot, as opposed the ball being lumped up to him, where the defender would have no problem dealing with it.

Dublin - 4

Didn't offer us anything upfront. Burnley must have been laughing when they saw Dublin/de Vries upfront. While Dublin may have shown the odd good touch, he took far too long in deciding what he wanted to do. Too slow and too ineffective.

Subs:

Tiatto - 5

Acted like a twat (surprise?) defensively with his lack of discipline, but at least he supported Smith up the left more than Johansson.

Hammond - 5

Only thing I remember him doing was holding the ball with his back to goal then laying it off.

Hughes - 5

Not really given enough time, but struggled to get in to the game.

Douglas - 6

- Difficult to call the second half incident I thought Scowy as it was at the far end. A couple of good saves though.

Maybury - 6

- I think Stearman is ahead of him at the moment. Looks out of sorts.

McCarthy - 6

- Growing in stature.

Gerrbrand - 5

- Poorest game to date

Johansson - 5

- Exposed by his lack of pace and Smith not covering back all of the time.

Sylla - 5

- Momo, when you've beat the bloke, you've beat him. No need to try it all again.

Kisnorbo - 3

- I really really dislike this man. His best game was at left back. In the middle of the park he offers nothing but sideways movement.

Gudjonsson - 6.5

- As Scowy rightly says, his final ball let him down but he really tried to drive things.

Smith - 5

- Reminded me a bit attimes of Keown in as much as his class is apparent but you wonder just how much he wants to be there. Extremely talented but not sure that we're the right outlet for him.

de Vries - 5

- Why does he bang the ground so much? Just get on with it FFS. Thought he looked much more effective when Dion went off.

Dublin - 5

- Sorry DD but you are now no longer good enough to start up front and bearing in mind our current options, that's pretty bad.

Subs:

Tiatto - 6

- Not his biggest fan but he did okay I thought and earned a starting place on Tuesday.

Hammond - 5.5

- I saw a chink of light here for the first time in a while. I thought he did well to come deep and lost his defender on a number of occasions to lay the ball off. One woeful header in front of goal.

Hughes - 6

Took him 10 minutes to touch the ball. He is just not an impact player and if he's fit enough for the bench, he should start.

Archived