Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian

Burnley Stats

Game Statistics

Burnley City

7 Goal Attempts 19

6 On Target 6

13 Crosses 18

1 Corners 3

6 Offside 2

10 Fouls 10

1 Yellow Cards 1

0 Red Cards 0

42 % 58

Not sure what this proves if anything, but we weren't outplayed by Bunley and the stats back that up, but 19 attempts with only 6 on Target is not good enough and to be fair i can only recall a couple of decent saves so the others must have been very tame attempts.

I think we do have a foundation to build on but we need to start building fast and that starts with the strikers, we need someone to make the opposition defenses think, we are too easy to defend against. Cotterill said he changed his the shape of his teams defending when he heard the Leicester team sheet, TOO easy for them, he knows with Dublin and De Vries up front exactly what is going to happen. We were always going to be a one trick pony with no options to change it about

I personally was never one to rave about he merits of DC but he did give us one thing, and that was he is very hard to defend against because he had trickery and was a finisher, you had confidence of him at least hitting the post :D if he was presented with an oppotunity but at the momment if any one of our players was one on one with a goalie i would give him a 40% chance of success.

We need to play Hume and De vries up front and i would stick Hammond on the right with Smith on the Left.

Assuming 442 then for me we have to play

Big Rab

Maybury Mc Carthy Gerrbrand Sheenan

Hammond Hughes Joey Smith

De vries Hume

Bench

Henderson Stearman Williams Tiatto Sylla

I really dont see the other players in the team putting in any sort of performances to warrant them in the team.

Archived