Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BMR

Barnsley score

Well, just got back and would report as follows;

Pressman - thought he was slow going down for the first goal but made one absolutely superb save. Never really troubled in the second half other than a free header for the winner.

Makin - Did nothing for me. No passion, no speed.

Wilcox - Pleasantly surprised. very nimble and worked well with Tiatto and Williams

Heath - Couldn't put a foot right. Seems to have attended the same school of ball distribution as Matt Elliott and Steve Walsh.

Mawene - Looked nervous to me. seemed to be able to read the game well but his headers lacked direction and force. Gave the ball away too often when trying to pass it out or clear his lines.

Williams - Looks a class act

Tiatto - Will become a cult figure, no doubt about it. Nippy, hard working and hard tackling. We will never gain entry to the UEFA Cup via the fair play route with him in our team. The club shop needs to prepare for a major run on the letter T for shirt printing.

Nalis - Looked faster than last season. wasn't his best game ever but looked good in the air.

Gillespie - Improvement on his efforts last year for a while but soon became anonymous.

Scowcroft - Needed a partner to help him out. Didn't look like a Norwich player to me, he tried hard with little reward.

Benjamin - The only thing Benjamin lacked today was talent. It is one of the worst performances I have ever seen in a city shirt. He was constantly on the floor when challenged and the novelty value of laughing at him soon wore off. Don't be fooled by the goal or what was said earlier about him being in Mickey's plans. He is not up to it on that performance. He reminded me of Akinbiyi.

Of the subs, Wright got half an hour and ran round like an enthusiastic kid without doing anything with the ball. On a couple of occasions he did make good runs only to be outdone by poor service. He was knocked off the ball far too easily for a striker.

Overall it was drab but the were excellent signs of what we could be in for down the left hand side.

Mrs Hullfox voted the pies a winner and also discovered the delights of Munchies in a bag.

Well, just got back and would report as follows;

Pressman - thought he was slow going down for the first goal but made one absolutely superb save. Never really troubled in the second half other than a free header for the winner.

Makin - Did nothing for me. No passion, no speed.

Wilcox - Pleasantly surprised. very nimble and worked well with Tiatto and Williams

Heath - Couldn't put a foot right. Seems to have attended the same school of ball distribution as Matt Elliott and Steve Walsh.

Mawene - Looked nervous to me. seemed to be able to read the game well but his headers lacked direction and force. Gave the ball away too often when trying to pass it out or clear his lines.

Williams - Looks a class act

Tiatto - Will become a cult figure, no doubt about it. Nippy, hard working and hard tackling. We will never gain entry to the UEFA Cup via the fair play route with him in our team. The club shop needs to prepare for a major run on the letter T for shirt printing.

Nalis - Looked faster than last season. wasn't his best game ever but looked good in the air.

Gillespie - Improvement on his efforts last year for a while but soon became anonymous.

Scowcroft - Needed a partner to help him out. Didn't look like a Norwich player to me, he tried hard with little reward.

Benjamin - The only thing Benjamin lacked today was talent. It is one of the worst performances I have ever seen in a city shirt. He was constantly on the floor when challenged and the novelty value of laughing at him soon wore off. Don't be fooled by the goal or what was said earlier about him being in Mickey's plans. He is not up to it on that performance. He reminded me of Akinbiyi.

Of the subs, Wright got half an hour and ran round like an enthusiastic kid without doing anything with the ball. On a couple of occasions he did make good runs only to be outdone by poor service. He was knocked off the ball far too easily for  a striker.

Overall it was drab but the were excellent signs of what we could be in for down the left hand side.

Mrs Hullfox voted the pies a winner and also discovered the delights of Munchies in a bag.

Agree with all that apart from your views on Makin, thought he did ok actually.

I also agree with the above. Does anyone think Micky will sign Mawene?

He dropped a few clangers but looked better in the second half.

Im really not sure, was poor first half, was ok second half, read the game better, heath was toss all the way through.

Rov

Makin didn't do much wrong but to me (and it was the first time seeing him) he was nothing special. Maybe thats what we need though, a steady type at the back.

I suppose I was looking at him in the way I was Tiatto and you can't afford the luxury of too many Tiatto's causing havoc really.

Archived