Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frenzied

The makings of a good side but...

1) Goalkeeper - Douglas is a great shot stopper but fails to command his area and the defence, coupled with a worryingly frequent number of gaffs. ( In some respects similar to Royce)

2) A lack of consistent creativity in the midfield - this was highlighted in the game against Millwall. When Williams came on we looked a completely different side, as his intelligence and quick feet changed the face of the match. The problem is his inconsistency, Levein's apparent unwillingness to play him and/or man manage his faults out of him. This is coupled with an unfit Hughes.

3) As we all know a lack of a consistent and clinical finisher - Hume, Hammond and De Vries are all good players but seem unable to forge any kind of potent partnership together, although given time it seems likely they would, considering the potency in differing ways the three of them have.

4) Perhaps the most important point - the consistency of a significant number of our fans to contribute to our club's downfall by booing players and the manager and generally getting on their backs. Imagine if De Vries hadn't been booed from nearly day one - he might have had the confidence to have scored 15 or 16 goals already this season. Or more importantly the unnecessary pressure put on Levein from almost the beginning of his tenure. Think about the pressure he's been put under in an already difficult situation by a large number of barely literate chavs or chav like fools that think they understand football. My patience isn't what is was a couple of months ago with regards to the management but I've rarely come across such a number of thick people in one place than when I visits the Walkers.

Archived